Close

    • BMW requiring new owners to watch a mandatory instructional video before they hand you the keys

      Did that catch your attention? Good. It's not true but the cartoon here highlights the reputation of BMW owners for driving like assholes. Are BMW owners actually assholes? Well, if you were to judge them based on their posts here and forums in the general the answer is...

      Yes.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW requiring new owners to watch a mandatory instructional video before they hand you the keys started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 11 Comments
      1. Ingeniator's Avatar
        Ingeniator -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Did that catch your attention? Good. It's not true but the cartoon here highlights the reputation of BMW owners for driving like $#@!s. Are BMW owners actually $#@!s? Well, if you were to judge them based on their posts here and forums in the general the answer is...

        Yes.

        The squares are just jealous of us.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I had a guy actually pull up next to me at a light, roll down his window, and tell me I drive like an $#@!.

        In my defense I was in the Malibu canyons and his old POS pick up was preventing me from continuing to have fun with my new PS2's. Sometimes shoulders are for passing.
      1. Ingeniator's Avatar
        Ingeniator -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I had a guy actually pull up next to me at a light, roll down his window, and tell me I drive like an $#@!.

        In my defense I was in the Malibu canyons and his old POS pick up was preventing me from continuing to have fun with my new PS2's. Sometimes shoulders are for passing.
        He was at fault. On fun roads slow cars are supposed to yield to fast cars. This is a well known fact.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ingeniator Click here to enlarge
        He was at fault. On fun roads slow cars are supposed to yield to fast cars. This is a well known fact.
        He didn't really have any place to yield and I didn't have any patience but enough horsepower. The canyon is pretty tight. I made somewhat of an interesting pass. I'd do it again too.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Can confirm. Certified $#@!, also BMW driver, sometimes.

        No apologies will be issued.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I had a guy actually pull up next to me at a light, roll down his window, and tell me I drive like an $#@!.

        In my defense I was in the Malibu canyons and his old POS pick up was preventing me from continuing to have fun with my new PS2's. Sometimes shoulders are for passing.
        In your defense? You were driving like an $#@!.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        In your defense? You were driving like an $#@!.
        Yes, in my defense. With a fresh set of tires, an M3, and a canyon road, I believe the law requires you to drive like an ass.
      1. xbox_fan's Avatar
        xbox_fan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes, in my defense. With a fresh set of tires, an M3, and a canyon road, I believe the law requires you to drive like an ass.
        Well it's the classical BMW owner mystery, is it only $#@!s who buys beemers,or does owning a BMW make you one?
      1. The Convert's Avatar
        The Convert -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
        Well it's the classical BMW owner mystery, is it only $#@!s who buys beemers,or does owning a BMW make you one?
        Absolutely only ass holes buy beemers...however, not all bimmer drivers are ass holes. Frankly, to live up to the BMW reputation, you realize beemer is for the motorcycles and bimmer is for the cars, right? Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
        you realize beemer is for the motorcycles and bimmer is for the cars, right?
        I had some chick on facebook trying to make fun of by saying she has a new 'beemer' and I don't. It was epic the way it blew up in her face.
      1. BlackRican's Avatar
        BlackRican -
        I drive more of an ass in a big truck than any other vehicle