Close

    • Member GT3's Modified 997.2 GT3 (E85) Vs FR305's Modified E92 335i (100 oct)

      BimmerBoost members GT3 and FR305 met up to do a few friendly runs. The 335 has a Jb 3 2.0, CP-E intercooler, downpipes, muffler delete, running map 9 with MS103 fuel. The GT3 runs an EVOMS E85 tune with catless europipe exhaust. It dyno's in the 410 whp range, enjoy the videos!

      2nd & 3rd, 335i ran map 9:




      1st video, 335i ran map 8 by accident, instead of map 9:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Modified 997.2 GT3 (E85) Vs Modified E92 335i (100 oct) started by GT3 View original post
      Comments 50 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        thats my 335 and I was asleep on that first run lol

        Mods: JB3 2.0 , Injen Intake, Cp-e Intercooler , VK Downpipes , Muffler Delete , Dunlop Direzza Star Spec's

        I was running Map 9 with MS 103 VP Racing Fuel

        I hold on from 60 to 125. After that he takes off.

        I think this 2010 GT3 does 11.307s 1/4 mile @ 118.479 mph

        ??? WHP ??? tq
        You need meth.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        jesus. the 335 was smoked. t was a "little" bit better on 9 vs 8, but nowhere near enough.

        powerful GT3 man. id like to see how we match up. but you have oddjob nearyby. He should prove a worthy adversary.
        That's how I see it, the GT3 pulls quickly and decisively each time.

        Don't want to seem like im putting Frank down or anything as props to him for getting out there but the GT3 makes easy work of his car. I don't think meth would reverse the outcome but would not hurt.
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        Wow that GT3 put a smack down I'm surprised I really thought the 335 would've been at least neck and neck for some reason.
      1. 654's Avatar
        654 -
        No meth, no chance.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        I do need meth. Funny thing is if we had raced to 130 mph the reponse from you guys would have been way different... lol Seriously I dont understand how people fail to see that I wasn't raped. I just cant go past 155 and once I hit that Governor my car bumps down to 145. The GT3 is going 170+ in these runs.
        At 130 the GT3 is no more than 1 car length and a few feet from me. I think I did really good having a massive 500 pound disadvantage.
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        500 lb = 226.796 kg

        200 kilos put the gt3 and see what you do with it, it will destroy

        loa you did well, a bit of methanol on Map 9 and you'll be there next
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        I do need meth. Funny thing is if we had raced to 130 mph the reponse from you guys would have been way different... lol Seriously I dont understand how people fail to see that I wasn't raped. I just cant go past 155 and once I hit that Governor my car bumps down to 145. The GT3 is going 170+ in these runs.
        At 130 the GT3 is no more than 1 car length and a few feet from me. I think I did really good having a massive 500 pound disadvantage.
        The only vid that really looks like that if the first one, and as posted, you were on the wrong map. All other runs I went up to 160-170mph but no more than 170 mph.
        I think and hope that people really just focus on the first 10-12 seconds of each reach. I haven't seen anyone used the term "raped" other than you. I look forward to a future re-mach, in which you have your speed limiter removed, have meth, and a higher octane fuel than 103 octane for your map 9 setting. Your car did do great. Cars with your weight need 500+whp and 520wtq (turbo cars like the 997.1 turbos), in order to be even or real real close to my GT3. Rmember, my car is just under 3000lbs with a full tank of gas. Your weight disadvantage is greater that 500 lbs, probably close to 700lbs.
      1. D335i's Avatar
        D335i -
        Running a tuned GT3 in a 335 with a basic tune with race gas may not be the best match up but is a great way to get a base and to see the potential of the heavy N54 daily driven car with basic mods against a light, really fast race prepped car.

        Upgraded turbos, meth, fine tune ur tune, diet, and while i'm not sure of the outcome it would be a hella race to see.

        Speeds of 140..160-170 are insane, I don't think I want to go that fast but love watching these vids.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I just find the GT3 incredibly impressive. All motor 6 cylinder that has been around forever that puts down over 100 WHP per liter. That is insane, I'm glad someone still makes a top of the line high revving NA motor like this.

        Also, I find it funny that no one is saying anything about torque here, lol, the N54 has a lot more, how did that help?
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        I hope no one thinks that im upset. this where friendly runs. I just thought people here should now that the huge gap is because of the limitations. I need some stuff done before im up to par. we will continue experimenting.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I find it funny that no one is saying anything about torque here, lol, the N54 has a lot more, how did that help?
        thats how he was able to stay as close as he did Click here to enlarge
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        I hope no one thinks that im upset. this where friendly runs. I just thought people here should now that the huge gap is because of the limitations. I need some stuff done before im up to par. we will continue experimenting.
        Right, regardless, it was already established that there was a about a 3 car length difference by 150 mph. And no, these results of the cars should not reserve any judgement on the owners. We don't make these cars, but they are great to compare side by side.

        I'll be setting something up some with Dad'sC63 (C63 by MHP), Oddjob and some other cars, soon. I wish Byzantine came down somewhere near FL with his Gallardo Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        thats how he was able to stay as close as he did Click here to enlarge
        Yet, the car with less torque is faster, right? So what does that tell you about HP and gearing?
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        you mean weight dont you..
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        Im not too familiar with 335i's... Can anyone here kinda confirm what should be FR305's WHP/WTQ with those mods he has, on a dynojet, sae (not std)? His mods, below:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        Mods: JB3 2.0 , Injen Intake, Cp-e Intercooler , VK Downpipes , Muffler Delete.
        I was running Map 9 with MS 103 VP Racing Fuel, no meth.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        does he know actual boost? a good guesstimate would be about 420 but cant know anything w/o actual boost
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        you mean weight dont you..
        From a roll going up past 150? No I don't, it is a factor but not as big of one especially the higher up you go.

        I just find it funny N54 people always talk about torque this and torque that, and then top end HP takes em...
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        From a roll going up past 150? No I don't, it is a factor but not as big of one especially the higher up you go.

        I just find it funny N54 people always talk about torque this and torque that, and then top end HP takes em...
        What HP??? He has the same WHP as me!!! Its the weight...
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        What HP??? He has the same WHP as me!!! Its the weight...
        did you log the runs?
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        did you log the runs?
        No. I did get a lot of half engine lights and had to stop on the shoulder to turn the car off and on again. It wasn't running smooth maybe because it was the first time on that map and octane or the MS 103 is below 100 oct.