Close

    • ASR Engineering has been removed as a vendor



      ASR Engineering is no longer a supporting vendor at BimmerBoost. There are several reasons for this and this is being brought to your attention in order to prevent our members from incurring losses. There have been several issues with ASR that are simply inexcusable and we can no longer in good conscience endorse their business. The only reason ASR ever was a vendor here in the first place is due to a pre-existing arrangement with two members on the staff before this site came into existence. This arrangement was honored in good faith but simply, enough is enough, and the reasons why are below.

      You may have seen recently where user George Smooth posted his experience with ASR. This is just a bad situation in which Abid simply has shown no heart, doing absolutely nothing to resolve it. There is $3320 that Abid took for an exhaust that he did not deliver. If this was not bad enough, it has caused issues for George in his home country of South Africa. These issues prevent George from taking his family on vacation out of the country or ordering certain parts from overseas. All it would take to correct this is $100 and Abid won't even do that. To put it simply, Abid has no conscience. If it isn't bad enough he has stolen over three grand, he does not even have the decency to put up $100 to help George resolve his banking situation. Low class, despicable, and something we will not tolerate.

      We wish this was the only story, but it isn't. Some users may be familiar with GT3 Ranger who in good faith sent Abid his M5 to do a twin turbo project. Well, we have been in contact with GT3 Ranger from the beginning of the project and warned him that Abid could not deliver something so complex. Ranger pushed ahead anyway and now can not even get a hold of Abid after spending... well, not our place to say. We won't go much further as we do not wish to violate Ranger's confidence but obviously the twin turbo has not been completed and he ended up having to buy another M5 while this one collects dust. Abid promised him the world and did not deliver and Ranger simply has no choice but to eat the cost that Abid pocketed and has lost complete faith in this ever being completed or even getting any money back.

      ASR has been removed from M5board for scamming people on exhausts. ASR takes deposits, and does not deliver the product. Abid refuses to answer phone calls, return e-mails, or communicate in any fashion with those he has scammed or even anyone else for that matter. If you are in the Florida area you are likely safe as you can meet him face to face. But as you just read with George, if you are overseas, forget it.

      ASR Engineering is not to be trusted, they simply can't be. The customer service is poor, they have scammed our members, and simply are a bottom tier BMW shop if even that. Installing nitrous on a car does not make you a world class tuner capable of doing custom twin turbos on a BMW M5 S85 V10. I pointed out on M5board that I would not trust Abid to tune my radio and that this V10 project was beyond his abilities. For that, I was temp banned as Abid forced Gustav to do so ($) and I'm sure Gustav is preparing his apology. History has shown ASR's true colors and ASR will not be endorsed here. BimmerBoost will also pony up the $100 to resolve George's situation and if Abid has even a single honest bone in his body he will do the right thing. He has had since January of this year to do that though, so no one hold their breath.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: ASR Engineering has been removed as a vendor started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 99 Comments
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        my response? or are you talking to asr, who has been banned, but it doesnt really matter because he almost never visited the forum at all. pm me if it's me though, i can try to get word through.
      1. Izaglo's Avatar
        Izaglo -
        Holy $#@!.....at 56 years old i have never read such a sad thread on any forum...What this ASR company has done to your guy's IS CRIMINAL and they should be lucky you have not gone postal on them yet...Folks flying from Canada to deal with this type of deception only to lied to again, folks having there amazing M5's cars in there criminal shop for 23 months with nothing done and no communication....i am beside myself...and i can only say how sorry i am for you guy's having to deal with this......some things are just wrong....this is off the map ......these guy's must be thinking bankruptcy to get out of this....if so get your car back and let AR Design or others put it back together for you...
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
        my response? or are you talking to asr, who has been banned, but it doesnt really matter because he almost never visited the forum at all. pm me if it's me though, i can try to get word through.
        Not you man , Lock n Load
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
        my response? or are you talking to asr, who has been banned, but it doesnt really matter because he almost never visited the forum at all. pm me if it's me though, i can try to get word through.
        Has not been banned, just removed.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Izaglo Click here to enlarge
        Holy $#@!.....at 56 years old i have never read such a sad thread on any forum...What this ASR company has done to your guy's IS CRIMINAL and they should be lucky you have not gone postal on them yet...Folks flying from Canada to deal with this type of deception only to lied to again, folks having there amazing M5's cars in there criminal shop for 23 months with nothing done and no communication....i am beside myself...and i can only say how sorry i am for you guy's having to deal with this......some things are just wrong....this is off the map ......these guy's must be thinking bankruptcy to get out of this....if so get your car back and let AR Design or others put it back together for you...
        Let's hope they get the cars back soon and maybe we can help them with whatever they decide to do after that.

        It is off the charts really how wrong this all is but these guys aren't really all that different how I do business. I shake hands and give someone money to work on my car. Sadly, this is a rare yet possible outcome and I don't think anyone saw it getting to this point.
      1. Lock n Load's Avatar
        Lock n Load -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
        Juan
        Navid(My cousin) is still waiting for your response
        I hear you. Logistics are being addressed and may have to speak with your cousin at the proper time. Contact w/ ASR has been terminated since I never get a response so why bother anymore to reach out and communicate. Why no answers? Because there's nothing.
        I can not say much if anything because in this thread there's a strong ASR supporter.
        As has been stated, this is one hugh unbelieveable situation.
        A turd will very soon be thrown into the fan.
        Bimmershop did you get my email? Please contact me by email. We need to talk and coordinate our actions.

        Ranger
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Ranger, Let me know if one of the M5s are for sale. As long as some or all the oem parts can be recovered. I would love to buy one of them. Cheers.
      1. Lock n Load's Avatar
        Lock n Load -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        Ranger, Let me know if one of the M5s are for sale. As long as some or all the oem parts can be recovered. I would love to buy one of them. Cheers.
        0-60 thank you for the offer. I have a friend locally who has expressed interest. He has first consideration but you are now second if he changes his mind.
        If we get there I'll send you pics of everything with details and conditions of the M5.
        All I have going for me is honesty, the rest I've been fvcked.
        My thoughts are to sell the M5 as salvage. I have no idea of what or how I will find the car. I hope it is pretty much how I left it there 23 months ago. It hasn't even been covered. Someone told me, "oh yeah I saw your M5 there". "The silver one" NO! It's white just looks silver because of the 1/4" of shop dirt accummulated! But I never said anything because I was a "friend" and didn't want to make issues. Believeing all along that things/components were being developed. Yeah right!!
        I also have custom built HRE 18" wheels (2) there to run DR's that I trust I'll get back?
        I want all my OEM stuff back. Things that belong to me amd I've never given authorization to get rid of, sell or dispose.
        I trust I'll get my M5 back just like I dropped it off in Jan. 2009 Click here to enlarge. Components from it were transferred to my black M5 but I want the OEM stuff off the black M5 for the debacle of the white M5.
        Okay I'm getting worked up b/c there's so much to say. If there are ears/eyes out there, original or allies, I ask this.
        1. where are the 20 pistons and 20 rods (Steve and I)? Money given for in Jan. 2009.
        2. where are the developed/fabricated components, never demonstrated after 23 months?
        3. where are the 4 Precision turbos (ceramic bearings) always talked about. Only see "one" turbo for over 2 yrs. Continual talk about going back and changing to "better" turbos. I spoke with Garrett people about the topic from what I had been told and was looked at like I was an idiot.
        4. where are the "clutches"? Still at the "machine shop" or did they have to go back b/c there was another problem?? I called SPEC, spoke to them and felt like a fool. Wierd to be told, "we have no idea what you are talking about".
        5. what has been done with all the money? Granted say it would not be the total amount but the apparent attitude is that we are suppose to pick up on the R&D costs? What R&D? Where, what, never showed us anything. We pay for the product and for all the crap we've endured there should be an even greater consideration, for being the "guinea pigs" on an apparent failed project. If we were going to make a % of "sales" (joke) then yes we pay for part of R&D.
        6. I have been silent too long. Steve and I have been unrealistically tolerant and patient. WHY? Because I thought we were "friends".
        All would okay if there were real concrete tangible components and progress. Even the length of time would be okay but to realize there's NOTHING?
        I take it one step further. If there were components wouldn't one think they'd be shown to us? I would be proud and excited to show my customer to advances and components. So why haven't we been ever shown anything? You know.
        A year ago I would be told, "do not want to post any stuff b/c am concern of others trying to copy" Sounded logical and I accepted it and agreed with it at that point but now we know don't we.

        He won't communicate with me anymore. When Steve calls "and gets answer" he's told, "I'm with a customer and will call you back". Never calls back. Or "I'm remote tuning" will call back.
        When Steve says I'll hold and wait, "oh no this will take a while" when talking to a customer.
        Incredible he has turned his back to these customers over here.
        I have been told of some things that also further upsetting.

        THIS IS ALL TRUE.
        Things are happening b/c being a nice guy gets you fvcked. I never said much, always accepted and trusted. What a fvckin fool and moron I was.
        Steve please come in and tell more of your story.
        To the aliies, talk to me if you'd like

        Ranger
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Ranger

        Thats cool Bro! I will be in Tampa end of march till the first week of april. Click here to enlarge

        I Hope and pray all this gets sorted soon.

        Ejaz
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        so with selling your car's parts how much money you get?
        and how much money you spent for the kit?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lock n Load Click here to enlarge
        0-60 thank you for the offer. I have a friend locally who has expressed interest. He has first consideration but you are now second if he changes his mind.
        If we get there I'll send you pics of everything with details and conditions of the M5.
        All I have going for me is honesty, the rest I've been fvcked.
        My thoughts are to sell the M5 as salvage. I have no idea of what or how I will find the car. I hope it is pretty much how I left it there 23 months ago. It hasn't even been covered. Someone told me, "oh yeah I saw your M5 there". "The silver one" NO! It's white just looks silver because of the 1/4" of shop dirt accummulated! But I never said anything because I was a "friend" and didn't want to make issues. Believeing all along that things/components were being developed. Yeah right!!
        I also have custom built HRE 18" wheels (2) there to run DR's that I trust I'll get back?
        I want all my OEM stuff back. Things that belong to me amd I've never given authorization to get rid of, sell or dispose.
        I trust I'll get my M5 back just like I dropped it off in Jan. 2009 Click here to enlarge. Components from it were transferred to my black M5 but I want the OEM stuff off the black M5 for the debacle of the white M5.
        Okay I'm getting worked up b/c there's so much to say. If there are ears/eyes out there, original or allies, I ask this.
        1. where are the 20 pistons and 20 rods (Steve and I)? Money given for in Jan. 2009.
        2. where are the developed/fabricated components, never demonstrated after 23 months?
        3. where are the 4 Precision turbos (ceramic bearings) always talked about. Only see "one" turbo for over 2 yrs. Continual talk about going back and changing to "better" turbos. I spoke with Garrett people about the topic from what I had been told and was looked at like I was an idiot.
        4. where are the "clutches"? Still at the "machine shop" or did they have to go back b/c there was another problem?? I called SPEC, spoke to them and felt like a fool. Wierd to be told, "we have no idea what you are talking about".
        5. what has been done with all the money? Granted say it would not be the total amount but the apparent attitude is that we are suppose to pick up on the R&D costs? What R&D? Where, what, never showed us anything. We pay for the product and for all the crap we've endured there should be an even greater consideration, for being the "guinea pigs" on an apparent failed project. If we were going to make a % of "sales" (joke) then yes we pay for part of R&D.
        6. I have been silent too long. Steve and I have been unrealistically tolerant and patient. WHY? Because I thought we were "friends".
        All would okay if there were real concrete tangible components and progress. Even the length of time would be okay but to realize there's NOTHING?
        I take it one step further. If there were components wouldn't one think they'd be shown to us? I would be proud and excited to show my customer to advances and components. So why haven't we been ever shown anything? You know.
        A year ago I would be told, "do not want to post any stuff b/c am concern of others trying to copy" Sounded logical and I accepted it and agreed with it at that point but now we know don't we.

        He won't communicate with me anymore. When Steve calls "and gets answer" he's told, "I'm with a customer and will call you back". Never calls back. Or "I'm remote tuning" will call back.
        When Steve says I'll hold and wait, "oh no this will take a while" when talking to a customer.
        Incredible he has turned his back to these customers over here.
        I have been told of some things that also further upsetting.

        THIS IS ALL TRUE.
        Things are happening b/c being a nice guy gets you fvcked. I never said much, always accepted and trusted. What a fvckin fool and moron I was.
        Steve please come in and tell more of your story.
        To the aliies, talk to me if you'd like

        Ranger
        You are going to have a hell of a battle on your hands, I'm sorry.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Ranger,

        Post some pics of the car before it went to ASR and any current ones if you have em please. Cheers.

        Ejaz
      1. ar design's Avatar
        ar design -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You are going to have a hell of a battle on your hands, I'm sorry.
        x2. That really sucks man. Very sad to see this happen to a fellow enthusiast.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        But a battle worth fighting and very easy to win, only tough part is them paying up..
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        But a battle worth fighting and very easy to win, only tough part is them paying up..
        We will see what happens, obviously this can not go unpunished.
      1. DJ Synergy's Avatar
        DJ Synergy -
        Sorry to bump, but what was the resolution to this dilemma?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DJ Synergy Click here to enlarge
        Sorry to bump, but what was the resolution to this dilemma?
        I do not believe there was any resolution.

        @M5 Junky
        @Lock n Load
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        I never heard from him again. Received a few emails on various BMW forums from people in a similar boat as I was. I moved on and spent my money with worthy vendors.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        I never heard from him again. Received a few emails on various BMW forums from people in a similar boat as I was. I moved on and spent my money with worthy vendors.
        A shame...