Close

    • Audi decides to take on 1 M coupe - RS3 coming

      Leaked photos of the RS3 gauge cluster as well as photos of the car testing on the Nurburgring have confirmed what many suspected, Audi is readying an RS3. We do not have any specs but the car will likely share the TT-RS drivetrain (2.5 liter 5 cylinder, around 350 hp) which makes the most sense. If that is true, the car is going to be the main rival for the 1 series M coupe. The other question becomes, will Audi even be able to get this car to the US? They did not bring the TT-RS over until it was deemed there was enough interest and the USA has yet to get the RS6 so who knows. We will keep you updated, but Audi clearly is aiming for BMW.









      This article was originally published in forum thread: Audi decides to take on 1 M coupe - RS3 coming started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 42 Comments
      1. fstop7's Avatar
        fstop7 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        This is going to be wonderful! In most real world situation this car will be much faster than the 1 M coupe due to Quattro and if it shared the TT-RS motor it will have much more power. Audi has BMW outgunned and keeps raising the bar!
        God, you're a douche. Go back to trolling Bimmerpost.
      1. Footie's Avatar
        Footie -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
        God, you're a douche. Go back to trolling Bimmerpost.
        I have reported your post.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        I have reported your post.
        I forwarded it to Southlight.
      1. Footie's Avatar
        Footie -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
        Does anyone know what the rs3 is going to weigh? Im guessing it will be as heavy or heavier than the current 135.
        It will likely be in the 3500 pound range.

        Some additional details:

        Summary of what we know:
        - Designed to compete with BMW M1
        - Will get 340 bhp, 0-100 kph in 4.4 seconds top speed limited to 250 kph
        - Performance figures in line with TT-RS
        - Wider tyres at the front because cost of extended rear wheel arches was perceived to be too much
        - Only available with DSG (unconfirmed)
        - Only available as a Sportback (unconfirmed)
        - Limited to 2,700 units worldwide (unconfirmed, if true, the reason is to justify a higher price)
        - Handling characteristics dramatically different to S3 due to new suspension components and set-up.
        - Makes use of aluminium for suspension, bonnet and tailgate (unconfirmed).
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I forwarded it to Southlight.
        WIN
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        I swear I think footie is a paid Audi corporate drone. It's like he copy/pastes the same paragraph into any thread that has the title Audi. I honestly think hes just a programmed bot for audi, nothing comes out of his mouth except keywords like:

        Quattro
        Superior
        AWD
        Raise the bar
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        I swear I think footie is a paid Audi corporate drone. It's like he copy/pastes the same paragraph into any thread that has the title Audi. I honestly think hes just a programmed bot for audi, nothing comes out of his mouth except keywords like:

        Quattro
        Superior
        AWD
        Raise the bar
        And this led to him trading his S5 in for an M3? And not being able to admit it to his audi friends on the Audi forum he belongs to but spends most of his time on BMW forums? He is a closet BMW fan. He is also a closet homosexual.
      1. Footie's Avatar
        Footie -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        And this led to him trading his S5 in for an M3? And not being able to admit it to his audi friends on the Audi forum he belongs to but spends most of his time on BMW forums? He is a closet BMW fan. He is also a closet homosexual.
        Jason would never insult me like this for having a spirited discussion about another German marque and he encourages a healthy debate when I bring up my considerable Audi knowledge. He is much nicer and far more respectful!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        Jason would never insult me like this for having a spirited discussion about another German marque
        Jason is gay, that's why it works between you two.
      1. Footie's Avatar
        Footie -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Jason is gay, that's why it works between you two.
        Mate, you are incredibly rude and simply will not acknowledge how great this RS3 will be.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Footie you are incredibly faggy
      1. Southlight's Avatar
        Southlight -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        Mate, you are incredibly rude and simply will not acknowledge how great this RS3 will be.
        Even I'm sick of your whining. Please stop reporting posts to me whenever someone tells you to stop being an Audi troll and stop trying to create a homo-erotic relationship with me based on getting aroused by 4 rings.

        Best regards,

        South
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        ^ LMAO
      1. fstop7's Avatar
        fstop7 -
        Each ring represents the gaping sphincters of Audi fanboys.
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        This is going to be wonderful! In most real world situation this car will be much faster than the 1 M coupe due to Quattro and if it shared the TT-RS motor it will have much more power. Audi has BMW outgunned and keeps raising the bar!
        LOL you again. Ya it will be just like the RS5 was BMW's $#@!. The only thing Audi outguns BMW in is losing.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It will be heavier.
        Ya like every Audi vs every BMW...

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I forwarded it to Southlight.
        I LOL'ed IRL

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        It will likely be in the 3500 pound range.

        Some additional details:

        Summary of what we know:
        - Designed to compete with BMW M1
        - Will get 340 bhp, 0-100 kph in 4.4 seconds top speed limited to 250 kph
        - Performance figures in line with TT-RS
        - Wider tyres at the front because cost of extended rear wheel arches was perceived to be too much
        - Only available with DSG (unconfirmed)
        - Only available as a Sportback (unconfirmed)
        - Limited to 2,700 units worldwide (unconfirmed, if true, the reason is to justify a higher price)
        - Handling characteristics dramatically different to S3 due to new suspension components and set-up.
        - Makes use of aluminium for suspension, bonnet and tailgate (unconfirmed).
        All that and it will still fail Audi should just quit for good. They are the sewer rats of the European automarket. I think they are made of what BMW throws away.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Footie Click here to enlarge
        - Designed to compete with BMW M1
        No it isn't. But I know what you meant.

        In all seriousness though, assuming it's reliable, the RS3 would make a terrific year 'round DD if you live in a 4-season climate. I'd consider one if it wasn't overpriced (as some RS models tend to be). Buy a set of LMs for your summer performance tires, throw Blizzaks on your stockers, and you're good to go.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        God I love this forum.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        God I love this forum.
        agreed
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Footie,

        Don't make the same mistake you did with RS5. You didn't shut up about that thing prior to release.

        The RS5 is continues to lose comparos to the M3.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        Footie,

        Don't make the same mistake you did with RS5. You didn't shut up about that thing prior to release.

        The RS5 is continues to lose comparos to the M3.
        You can't use arguments based on reality with him.