1. We are the only N54 stock frame turbo manufacture offering billet wheel choices from 14T all the way up to our newest editions which use the massive 20T wheel
2. Our 9 blade Garrett turbine wheel. This is not a MHI 12 blade wheel thrown into CAD and had 3 blades knocked off it ala the Kamak or Kinugawa 9 blade TDD4 turbines you will find out there being used in other applications. This is THE Garrett GT series turbine used in all the fastest spooling and highest flowing Garrett GT and GTX turbochargers. What we did was simply take the Garrett design and have it shrunk into TD04L dimensions, offering the highest flow, fastest spool, and best aero of any TD04 turbine wheel on the market. Keep in mind we have been using this design since 2012 on all our stage 2's we are not now just jumping on the 9 blade band wagon.
3. To combat the inherent oiling issues these stock frame turbos have been faced with, we went back to the drawing board and after numerous changes we now offer DUAL piston rings in all our of stage 2 turbine wheels, this is similar technology you will see in such turbos are Borg Warner EFR, etc. This extra piston ring provides another barrier to keep exhaust out during those high Back pressure pulls, and in turn keep that oil in, helping improve life even under extreme conditions
4. As you already know each and every stage 2 turbocharger comes with an upgraded TD04 thrust and thrust parts to provide extra oiling and surface area to provide longer life, as the thrust take 90% of the abuse inside a turbocharger
5. The biggest compressor wheel options the TD04 family has to offer, all while retaining your stock bolt in fitment, simply unbolt your stockers or other hybrid turbos, and bolt these in, no modifications required
Pricing is as follows:
Stage 2+ with Billet 19T Compressor Wheel option $3599 - WHP potential 590-615WHP*
Stage 2+ with Billet 20T Compressor Wheel option $3699 - WHP potential 600-650WHP*
15 degree clip to 9 blade turbine option $300 (this is for people looking for maximum flow and power, will result in slightly slower spool)
Core charge still applies: $300 for 335LHD, $600 for all other models
We are considering a group buy in the next few days offering a group buy discount if interest is high enough
Also YES there will be a trade in for people who already have our stage 2 turbos or RB's, drop us an email for details!
Estimated shipping on these is 30-60 days
*Please note all power figures are estimated AND done so with PROPER complimenting upgrades, tuning, and FUEL. Running these turbos on pump gas only will net you a little more power over a standard Stage 2 set up, but not much. You need octane to bring the true potential from these turbos
All the testing you see below was done using:
Turbos: VTT Stage 2+ with Clipped turbines, and Billet 20T compressor wheels
Fuel: 100% E85
Tuning: Tuned by Dzenno of Protuning Freaks using the Cobb AP FLASH ONLY
Final Pull was 27 psi down low tapering to 24.5 psi at redline
Please direct any and all questions to: Sales@vargasturbo.com
Lets get into the dyno results and logs. We would like to start out by saying, we stopped short on the dyno because we had a fueling issue, as I did not come prepared, we had our Shotgun set to its lowest voltage setting, and as we brought power in the top end up to the 600WHP range we started seeing HPFP drop into a range that while not tanking was lower then we like to see, we will swap into our next higher voltage power module and get the car back on the dyno. This will allow us to run the timing we want, and bring the boost up most likely bringing us right into the 650WHP / 650WTQ range. For our first run, we pulled the car onto the dyno and ran a map we tested the last few times on the dyno that made a consistent 52XWHP / 54XWTQ with modest boost and timing. While trying to watch numerous things during the pull I should have paid more attention to the boost gauge, the car made it clear it was not happy on the top end and I could feel it nosing over. After the run, I pulled up the log and HOLY SH** the car made 40psi to reline, how we didn't blow the motor right there is a testament to the toughness of the N54 and how effective the DME is at protecting the motor when it is seeing all the information. The boost the car made surprised us both and we immediately started pulling WDGC out of it to bring the back down to a reasonable level. None the less we knew we were onto to something good when we saw the first graph. All Logs can be found in the ZIP file attached, lowest number is first pull, highest is last.
First Pull Graph
Sixth Pull Graph
Seventh Pull Graph
Eighth Pull Graph
Ninth Pull Graph
Final Pull Graph
Final Pull with speed to show forth gear pull
Here are some photos of the turbine wheels for reference.
Biggest turbine Genuine Garrett GT series 28 turbine wheel, next out Garrett Clone TD04L, next MHI TD04L(RB)
Difference in flow is clear.
Here are some pics of the turbos as tested just from the compressor side, turbine side looks exactly like a set of normal stage 2's except a clipped turbine. Notice the OLD tags on these housings, we haven't used the red and blue tags since Stage 2 batch 1! That is how long we have had these housings on the shelf, we should have tested these a long time ago... First pics are 15T's in 20T housing, next are 20T's.