Close

    • Vi-PEC V88 plug & play E46 M3 MS54 standalone ECU available through Apex Speed Tech

      Apex Speed Tech has announced a plug and play S54 ECU kit utilizing the Vi-PEC V88 is available for $3400. This includes a complete plug and play harness. The ECU has dual map capability which means pump and race tunes at the flip of a switch. It also supports the E46 traction control. Apex Speed Tech is claiming they have used this ECU successfully in everything from road racing to 1200 whp twin turbo setups. We haven't seen these twin turbo setups personally or any details of to support that claim but this plug and play ECU should open up the S54 to some interesting custom setups as well as a variety of swaps.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Vi-PEC V88 plug & play E46 M3 MS54 standalone ECU available through Apex Speed Tech started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 112 Comments
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        So now people have another option besides HPF? Do you have any good links to turbo manifolds/piping for the S54?
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        This is pretty legit. If im not mistaken Mliner's car by Gintani used a Vi-PEC, as well as another turbo s54 from Australia.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Finally something like this comes out. Too bad about the price tag though. It's probably $1000 more than I would pay for an EMS, but they are the first and only so they can charge whatever they want. When they say 1200hp twin turbo S54 I wonder if they are referring to Merts car.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        This is pretty legit. If im not mistaken Mliner's car by Gintani used a Vi-PEC, as well as another turbo s54 from Australia.
        Did not realize Mliner was using a Vi-PEC, I could have sworn it was AEM.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        When they say 1200hp twin turbo S54 I wonder if they are referring to Merts car.
        Yes, it is a vehicle from turkey. Didn't Mert get into a bunch of $#@! on the forums though?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        So now people have another option besides HPF? Do you have any good links to turbo manifolds/piping for the S54?
        For standalone tuning, yes, this is another option and offers other things like the ability to swap the S54 into basically anything.

        Let me see what I can dig up regarding the manifolds.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        Do you have any good links to turbo manifolds/piping for the S54?
        Steed Speed does the manifolds for HPF: http://www.steedspeed.com/

        You can get it from them for $1500:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes, it is a vehicle from turkey. Didn't Mert get into a bunch of $#@! on the forums though?
        Thats his supposed claims but never has he posted that dyno. He did post a 990whp dyno recently though. He runs 2 66mm turbo's that spool ridiculously late. He also runs nitrous. Hes very secretive and doesnt like to share his exact setup/boost/gas/nitrous etc... Just ran a 5.46 60-130 time supposedly at 25psi with race gas. Says he didnt use nitrous but we dont know that for sure.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Thats his supposed claims but never has he posted that dyno. He did post a 990whp dyno recently though. He runs 2 66mm turbo's that spool ridiculously late. He also runs nitrous. Hes very secretive and doesnt like to share his exact setup/boost/gas/nitrous etc... Just ran a 5.46 60-130 time supposedly at 25psi with race gas. Says he didnt use nitrous but we dont know that for sure.
        Ya, Neel at Apex told me he doesn't like to share his info as he is into street racing big time.

        5.46 60-130? Was this posted?
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Yes its on E46 and it was verified. So its all over the forums now.

        He says he barely drives the car, only for tuning or something like that. Alot of what he posts is shady, however the vbox time is legit.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Yes its on E46 and it was verified. So its all over the forums now.

        He says he barely drives the car, only for tuning or something like that. Alot of what he posts is shady, however the vbox time is legit.
        Link? I want to get the Vbox time up.
      1. Apex Speed Technology's Avatar
        Apex Speed Technology -
        Ya, Neel at Apex told me he doesn't like to share his info as he is into street racing big time.
        Nice to be here! I share all the info I can - its my customers that determine what I can and can't say online. Its funny, you all are discussing more than I can comment on with respect to some of my customers! We've done quite a few E46 systems over the years. I think my first S54's were in pro racing about 6 years ago. One of our first jobs as a company was installing and tuning the systems used on Boris Said's Grand Am Team. After that we did support for Sunbelt in Grand Am and ALMS, working on cars from Turner, Bimmerworld and a few others. We progressed into doing Pectel/Cosworth systems and we also do the Vi-PECs. We just finished a full Pectel install for a SoCal S54 that features integrated ABS and AIM dash; we did all the wiring from nose to tail on that car.

        I am very surprised anyone would say our kits our $1000 more than they'd spend on a standalone. For a kit that retains drive-by-wire and dual VANOS, I think its an incredible value. I've looked at the DTA and AEM systems out there, as well as the stock ECU reflashes. I believe they all involve serious omissions in equipment at the prices people quote, or are severely limited.

        Great forum here, excited to be a part!

        -Neel
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        I'm very excited that there is now a manifold and viable tuning solution available. Maybe it's almost time we start seeing more one off kits like in the e36 world.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        Nice to be here! I share all the info I can - its my customers that determine what I can and can't say online. Its funny, you all are discussing more than I can comment on with respect to some of my customers! We've done quite a few E46 systems over the years. I think my first S54's were in pro racing about 6 years ago. One of our first jobs as a company was installing and tuning the systems used on Boris Said's Grand Am Team. After that we did support for Sunbelt in Grand Am and ALMS, working on cars from Turner, Bimmerworld and a few others. We progressed into doing Pectel/Cosworth systems and we also do the Vi-PECs. We just finished a full Pectel install for a SoCal S54 that features integrated ABS and AIM dash; we did all the wiring from nose to tail on that car.

        I am very surprised anyone would say our kits our $1000 more than they'd spend on a standalone. For a kit that retains drive-by-wire and dual VANOS, I think its an incredible value. I've looked at the DTA and AEM systems out there, as well as the stock ECU reflashes. I believe they all involve serious omissions in equipment at the prices people quote, or are severely limited.

        Great forum here, excited to be a part!

        -Neel
        Happy to have you here Neel. Your knowledge and insight into BMW tuning, hardcore BMW tuning, is much appreciated. I think if you poke around the forum you will find some interesting things Click here to enlarge

        Your knowledge will really come in handy for those guys who are thinking about swaps and I know I am looking forward to you sharing your Pectel knowledge in particular with us.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        I'm very excited that there is now a manifold and viable tuning solution available. Maybe it's almost time we start seeing more one off kits like in the e36 world.
        Seems we are getting close to that point. I don't see why someone could not pick up the manifold, this Vi-PEC setup, and do their own turbo build.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        Nice to be here! I share all the info I can - its my customers that determine what I can and can't say online. Its funny, you all are discussing more than I can comment on with respect to some of my customers! We've done quite a few E46 systems over the years. I think my first S54's were in pro racing about 6 years ago. One of our first jobs as a company was installing and tuning the systems used on Boris Said's Grand Am Team. After that we did support for Sunbelt in Grand Am and ALMS, working on cars from Turner, Bimmerworld and a few others. We progressed into doing Pectel/Cosworth systems and we also do the Vi-PECs. We just finished a full Pectel install for a SoCal S54 that features integrated ABS and AIM dash; we did all the wiring from nose to tail on that car.

        I am very surprised anyone would say our kits our $1000 more than they'd spend on a standalone. For a kit that retains drive-by-wire and dual VANOS, I think its an incredible value. I've looked at the DTA and AEM systems out there, as well as the stock ECU reflashes. I believe they all involve serious omissions in equipment at the prices people quote, or are severely limited.

        Great forum here, excited to be a part!

        -Neel
        I don't mean to say it's a bad deal by any means, especially after seeing what have others have paid over the years for one off setups. I just meant it's more than I could personally pay right now. Oh, and you just swayed me back into looking at purchasing a M3 again.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        hm would be nice to get this to work with an N54 setup..
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        I want an E46 M3 now.

        Delete MAF, go MAP, any T4 flange turbo, weld some piping up to/from intercooler, swap injectors, some sort of by-pass valve, maybe higher flow fuel pump......


        I could see a turbo setup for much cheaper than the HPF Stage 1 kit.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        I want an E46 M3 now.

        Delete MAF, go MAP, any T4 flange turbo, weld some piping up to/from intercooler, swap injectors, some sort of by-pass valve, maybe higher flow fuel pump......


        I could see a turbo setup for much cheaper than the HPF Stage 1 kit.
        exactly my thoughts
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        This manifold was always being sold by HPF as well, they were selling them individually without the turbo kit I believe.