• Famoso Raceway - California Private Drag Strip Rental - 11/20/2010

      Ladies and gentlemen, It is this time of year again.... I have reserved Famoso Raceway (1/4 mile drag strip) on November 20th for our exclusive use. We will have both lanes available to us as well as full use of the entire facility including the barbecue grills I am announcing the event earlier than usual this time to give enough time to people who are currently working on their car(s) or have on-going projects to wrap up their projects and bring their cars to the track for live testing and maybe even fine tuning. In the past, every time I organized one of these events I ended-up losing $300 to $600 out of pocket, which was okay until last year.... last time I ended-up paying $2400 out of pocket mostly in last minute cancellations. Lesson learned, so this time we're doing it by the book

      PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
      - Price per car is $250 payable through PayPal. You must select "Personal" when transferring the money.... otherwise, the cost is $260 per car.
      - All payments must be submitted on or before November 14th.... Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS.
      - There will be NO PAYMENTS ACCEPTED AT THE TRACK for racing. The only payment collected at the track will be spectator fee. Sorry NO EXCEPTIONS.
      - Spectator fee is $10 per person and will be collected at the gates upon admission by track officials.
      - To cancel your spot and receive full refund, you must cancel (at least) 5 days before the event date. Otherwise, no refund will be issued.
      - Send payment to the following PayPal account:




      - With each payment, please include the following information:
      • Full name (as it appears on your driver's license)
      • Make/Model/Color of the car you will be using.
      • Telephone number & E-mail Address (in case of last minute updates)
      Now for the fun part....
      In November, Famoso usually sees very good DA: -200 ft to +600 ft (I know it's not as good as east coast tracks, but it is very decent for California). In a private rental, the track is usually well prepped and each of us will be able to get as many runs as we can/want with almost NO WAITING time at all. This would be a good opportunity to practice/perfect launches, shift times, try out different mods, fine tune each car, and most importantly hang out with a great group of car enthusiasts who share the same passion.
      SPECIAL BONUS
      There will be at least THREE TUNERS at the event. So whoever wants to fine tune their vehicle under real-world driving conditions, this will be your chance. Custom dyno tuning is great but you just can't beat custom track tuning especially on a good day :-D
      Track Address:
      ===========
      Auto Club Famoso Raceway
      33559 Famoso Rd.
      McFarland CA. 93250
      Here are a few memories from our past events, enjoy....

      GTR VS THE WORLD















      This article was originally published in forum thread: ***** Famoso Raceway - Private Track Rental - 11/20/2010 ***** started by Exeenom View original post
      Comments 69 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Promoted to the front page.
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        I would love to come to this event, perhaps I can organize some business around this time just to see some of the guys and tuners. I would not have my car though Click here to enlarge would love to run some of the west coast guys.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Im up or this.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Im up or this.
        Then send the man the money and get on the list Click here to enlarge
      1. Ronin's Avatar
        Ronin -
        I've just found the reason to seriously start making things happen with my car. I'll get raped left, right, and sideways with the cars that will show up (I've seen previous videos), but I bet I'm the only 335d there! Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
        I've just found the reason to seriously start making things happen with my car. I'll get raped left, right, and sideways with the cars that will show up (I've seen previous videos), but I bet I'm the only 335d there! Click here to enlarge
        It's fun regardless and you don't have to wait in line for hours to only get a couple runs. I will never go to a strip with the general public ever again, these spoil you.
      1. Ronin's Avatar
        Ronin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's fun regardless and you don't have to wait in line for hours to only get a couple runs. I will never go to a strip with the general public ever again, these spoil you.
        The strip I have down here cycles pretty quickly, but it's on a $#@!ty surface, so true #'s are hard to come by.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
        The strip I have down here cycles pretty quickly, but it's on a $#@!ty surface, so true #'s are hard to come by.
        The 1/8 strip?
      1. Ronin's Avatar
        Ronin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The 1/8 strip?
        One of em, yeah. There's a better one, apparently, that's properly prepped (it's another 1/8th) at Barona Speedway, so I might be checking that one out soon.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
        One of em, yeah. There's a better one, apparently, that's properly prepped (it's another 1/8th) at Barona Speedway, so I might be checking that one out soon.
        Trust me, run 1/4 and stretch the legs. It is a lot more fun, addicting.
      1. Ronin's Avatar
        Ronin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Trust me, run 1/4 and stretch the legs. It is a lot more fun, addicting.
        Not questioning that in the slightest. Click here to enlarge
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        [.......] 01) hooleyboy - SL55 - Stage 3 - Former Owner Of The Quickest/Fastest C55 in the country
        [PAID] 02) rarfinancial - CLS63 - The Quickest/Fastest CLS63 in the country
        [.......] 03) juicee63 - vehicle x - The Quickest/Fastest 60' time Mercedes in the WORLD
        [PAID] 04) MB_Forever - E63 P30 - Stock
        [.......] 05) URnext - SL55 - The Quickest/Fastest SL55 in the country
        [.......] 06) Blue_Monster - E55 - Stage 5+
        [.......] 07) bassn_07 - E55 - The Quickest/Fastest E55 in the country
        [.......] 08) sgtstanko - Jeep - SRT8 - The Quickest/Fastest Jeep in the country
        [.......] 09) BenzoBoi - E55 - Stage 5+ custom mods
        [.......] 10) sticky - E92 BMW M3 - bolt-ons - The Fastest (non Nos) E92 in the west coast
        [PAID] 11) NewC32AMG - C32 AMG - Stock
        [.......] 12) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - Tuner Of The Quickest/Fastest BMW 135/335 in the country
        [.......] 13) 220S - E63 - Stock
        [.......] 14) YoungMedic23 - 2008 Vortech Jeep Srt8 - The fastest (non NOS) stock block 6.1L Jeep SRT8 in the country
        [.......] 15) 96GTS - 2008 Charger SRT8
        [.......] 16) RyneZ06 - C6 Z06 - Modded
        [.......] 17) RyneZ06_Guest - C6 Z06
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        went to the one of these...was funny i almost went into the wall with my e92 SC'd...car snapped when i shifted into 2nd and was headed straight for the wall...scared the hell out of me..luckily i saved it...but almost ended up at the other wall! lol

        maybe i should roll with my gt3!!! would definitely want my Europipe back on before I go!!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        maybe i should roll with my gt3!!! would definitely want my Europipe back on before I go!!!!
        Would be cool to go with a GT3 and see what it does.

        On the M3, were you running street tires?
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Would be cool to go with a GT3 and see what it does.

        On the M3, were you running street tires?
        i did 2 runs on street tires and went nowhere fast....after that had on Nitto 555R(285/18) tires....they couldnt get traction in 1st...cause the stupid dct would launch the rpms up to like 4/5k when u floor the car...would be trying to grip but would spin then usually grab in 2nd...but this one run i just shifter into 2nd early and whap!!!! car just shot sideways heading straight for the left wall...i slammed the brakes, let off quicky counter steered...ended up facing the other wall...and repeat....was scary as hell...when i drove back everyone clapped!!!...old redneck said " I bet you almost $#@! yourself" ... I replied "no almost". wasnt expecting that scenario at all.

        add: a couple of my friends said they looked aways cause they thought my car was gone be done with...i was literally a foot away from the 1st wall
      1. Ocbimmer's Avatar
        Ocbimmer -
        Are we gonna be able to use the entire circuit or only the 1/4 mile strip?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ocbimmer Click here to enlarge
        Are we gonna be able to use the entire circuit or only the 1/4 mile strip?
        Famoso is only a 1/4 mile strip...
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        i did 2 runs on street tires and went nowhere fast....after that had on Nitto 555R(285/18) tires....they couldnt get traction in 1st...cause the stupid dct would launch the rpms up to like 4/5k when u floor the car...would be trying to grip but would spin then usually grab in 2nd...but this one run i just shifter into 2nd early and whap!!!! car just shot sideways heading straight for the left wall...i slammed the brakes, let off quicky counter steered...ended up facing the other wall...and repeat....was scary as hell...when i drove back everyone clapped!!!...old redneck said " I bet you almost $#@! yourself" ... I replied "no almost". wasnt expecting that scenario at all.

        add: a couple of my friends said they looked aways cause they thought my car was gone be done with...i was literally a foot away from the 1st wall
        LOL.... fun times Click here to enlarge With that much power, I think full drag radials are a must. Our last event (earlier this year), we had a few cars go 9.5 seconds and others even 8.9 seconds.... a big part why they do not slide as much as our cars despite being much more power is the sticky tires they use. I need to find a good set for my car as well....

        List Update....

        [.......] 01) hooleyboy - SL55 - Stage 3 - Former Owner Of The Quickest/Fastest C55 in the country
        [PAID] 02) rarfinancial - CLS63 - The Quickest/Fastest CLS63 in the country
        [.......] 03) juicee63 - vehicle x - The Quickest/Fastest 60' time Mercedes in the WORLD
        [PAID] 04) MB_Forever - E63 P30 - Stock
        [.......] 05) URnext - SL55 - The Quickest/Fastest SL55 in the country
        [.......] 06) Blue_Monster - E55 - Stage 5+
        [.......] 07) bassn_07 - E55 - The Quickest/Fastest E55 in the country
        [.......] 08) sgtstanko - Jeep - SRT8 - The Quickest/Fastest Jeep in the country
        [.......] 09) BenzoBoi - E55 - Stage 5+ custom mods
        [.......] 10) sticky - E92 BMW M3 - bolt-ons - The Fastest (non Nos) E92 in the west coast
        [PAID] 11) NewC32AMG - C32 AMG - Stock
        [.......] 12) Terry335 - BMW 135 - bolt-ons - Tuner Of The Quickest/Fastest BMW 135/335 in the country
        [.......] 13) 220S - E63 - Stock
        [.......] 14) YoungMedic23 - 2008 Vortech Jeep Srt8 - The fastest (non NOS) stock block 6.1L Jeep SRT8 in the country
        [.......] 15) 96GTS - 2008 Charger SRT8
        [.......] 16) RyneZ06 - C6 Z06 - Modded
        [.......] 17) RyneZ06_Guest - 240 sx/ls7 engine
        [.......] 18) ShangoAshe - S55 AMG
        [PAID] 19) Bramage - E55 AMG
        [.......] 20) James@ACGSD - Spot 1
        [.......] 21) James@ACGSD - Spot 2
        [.......] 22) James@ACGSD - Spot 3
        [.......] 23) James@ACGSD - Spot 4
        [.......] 24) James@ACGSD - Spot 5
        [.......] 25) Brute SRT - Chrysler SRT 8
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Paid! Probably bring out the 135i. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I'm wondering if there is any way in hell I can make this with my car.