Close

    • BMW teases the E82 1 series M Coupe

      BMW released a new video teaser of the production 1 M coupe. This is the automotive equivalent of a fully covered beautiful woman undressing only enough to show you her ankle.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW teases the E82 1 series M Coupe started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 37 Comments
      1. CookieCrisp's Avatar
        CookieCrisp -
        i like
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CookieCrisp Click here to enlarge
        i like
        Yep, I like what I see too.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Yes, it is looking real promising. That front bumper is very nice.
      1. UsualSuspect's Avatar
        UsualSuspect -
        I love it!
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        With all this $#@!ing suspense that car better be able to gimme a BJ. $#@!, we wait months and months and all we get is a half ass front quarter shot.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        With all this $#@!ing suspense that car better be able to gimme a BJ. $#@!, we wait months and months and all we get is a half ass front quarter shot.
        AMEN
      1. Monster135's Avatar
        Monster135 -
        Car looks great, now lets hope they finally resolve the HFFP issue...
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        So N54 is confirmed...

        "The initial engine proposal was the N55 but they were having issues that cannot be solved within the time window. BMW Greenlit this car in July 09, now over a year later we see it as it intended , although testing still commences until the launch. Valvetronic was the main cause of the time delay but BMW have spent some time on this and are using the N55 as a basis for the next M3.

        The best way to describe the engine of the 1M is a "Hybrid" but in the original form of Hybrid, nothing to do with "alternatives", but it is not a straightforward transplant."

        ...so what exactly is "hybrid" about the N54 in the 1M.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        So N54 is confirmed...

        "The initial engine proposal was the N55 but they were having issues that cannot be solved within the time window. BMW Greenlit this car in July 09, now over a year later we see it as it intended , although testing still commences until the launch. Valvetronic was the main cause of the time delay but BMW have spent some time on this and are using the N55 as a basis for the next M3.

        The best way to describe the engine of the 1M is a "Hybrid" but in the original form of Hybrid, nothing to do with "alternatives", but it is not a straightforward transplant."

        ...so what exactly is "hybrid" about the N54 in the 1M.
        Hopefully by hybrid they mean more aggressive cams and bigger, ball-bearing twins with tubular manifolds.......
      1. Fuerza's Avatar
        Fuerza -
        Manual transmission will be the only option...... I'm not sure I like that.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        So N54 is confirmed...

        "The initial engine proposal was the N55 but they were having issues that cannot be solved within the time window. BMW Greenlit this car in July 09, now over a year later we see it as it intended , although testing still commences until the launch. Valvetronic was the main cause of the time delay but BMW have spent some time on this and are using the N55 as a basis for the next M3.

        The best way to describe the engine of the 1M is a "Hybrid" but in the original form of Hybrid, nothing to do with "alternatives", but it is not a straightforward transplant."

        ...so what exactly is "hybrid" about the N54 in the 1M.
        I read N55 was confirmed, and from the photos, it appears to be a single exhaust fed into a muffler with quad tips so it looks to be N55.
      1. Fuerza's Avatar
        Fuerza -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I read N55 was confirmed, and from the photos, it appears to be a single exhaust fed into a muffler with quad tips so it looks to be N55.
        Over on 1addicts, they are saying "hybrid" N54, I'm not sure what that means. Also the DCT has never been mated to the N54, and with them saying the DCT isn't an options it also pushes the N54 engine closer to reality. So far the only thing I'm liking is the orange metallic paint.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adgar Click here to enlarge
        Over on 1addicts, they are saying "hybrid" N54, I'm not sure what that means. Also the DCT has never been mated to the N54, and with them saying the DCT isn't an options it also pushes the N54 engine closer to reality. So far the only thing I'm liking is the orange metallic paint.
        I have my own theories on why the DCT isn't included. The DCT has been mated to the N54, Z4 sdrive35i for example has a DCT option. Also, N54's in europe have been mated to the DCT as well.

        Bimmerfile is reporting N55 confirmed and I think they have it right from what I saw from the exhaust.
      1. Fuerza's Avatar
        Fuerza -
        Click here to enlarge

        I saw this earlier.... you tell me what you think.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Adgar Click here to enlarge
        I saw this earlier.... you tell me what you think.
        I think we need better pictures Click here to enlarge I don't know honestly, I think it is too early to say one way or another without any confirmation. From what I see there, appears to be single exhaust but I wish we had pictures from further upstream.
      1. Laloosh's Avatar
        Laloosh -
        doesnt the n55 have two midpipes either way? Last I saw it was a single downpipe with two outlets.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        And doesn't the N54 turn into a single exhaust at the back anyway? Sadly, I have not been underneath my car yet. (but that is also a good thing!)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        And doesn't the N54 turn into a single exhaust at the back anyway? Sadly, I have not been underneath my car yet. (but that is also a good thing!)
        Looks like this:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Looks like this:

        Click here to enlarge
        Are you sure that isn't a 335i?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        Are you sure that isn't a 335i?
        Oops, I just looked for N54.

        Here you go:

        Click here to enlarge