So why go? Well unlike some events where it is just a bunch of standing around that gets very boring very quickly the cars will actually be allowed to do what they were designed to do. High performance driving events including 1/2 mile side by side racing on the oval roadcourse, road course track driving instruction, dyno shootout, burnout contest, drift showcase, car show, etc.
Here are the featured events and attractions within the event:
- Judged Car Show (Multiple vehicle classes)
- NASA HPDE Road Course Track Day
- 1/2 Mile Roll Racing on Tri-Oval (W/ MPH display)
- Trap Speed Competition ($CASH Prizes to be announced)
- "Beast of the East" (Someone will take home the bragging rights for 2014)
- Drift Showcase
- Dyno w/ HP Shootout ($CASH Prizes)
- Drift Taxi (Take the ride of your life in the Sarli Motorsports S62 powered Drift Taxi)
- Burnout Contest (Winner takes home a voucher towards a set of tires)
- Official MPACT Models
- Vendor Showcase
- Product Demonstrations
- Vendor track sessions
- Vendor ride-a-longs / Give-a-ways
- VIP Area
- Multiple Classes / CASH $$ Prizes / Awards
Sound good? It should because that puts certain BMW shows that I have attended to shame. Entry is $25 per person and the event starts at 10:30 AM EST but if you are participating in the high performance driving events drivers need to be at the track by 7:00 AM EST.
There will be more details to come as the event gets closer but mark this one down whether you happen to have a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Domestic, Exotic, whatever.
Feel free to follow the announcements on the MPACT facebook page in the meantime: https://www.facebook.com/Mpacteast
Registration is here: http://www.mpacteast.com/#!registration/cn7e
Get of the computer and go look at some cars in real life! Feel free to message @Jaycent@MPACT with any questions.