Close

    • BimmerBoost Member Karel's 9 second daily driven turbo M20 BMW E30

      This E30 belongs to our member Karel. He was nice enough to share the details on his simply amazing daily driven 9 second BMW. The car has run 9.62 @ 147 mph in Sweden. Take a look at the video, Karel definitely has some driving skill. Click read more for another video and the dynograph.

      outside cam




      inside cam



      Dyno:


      This article was originally published in forum thread: M20 goes 9,62/147 started by karel View original post
      Comments 58 Comments
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Take your time, no need to aggravate it.

        hehe true.. but for a guy thats used to be in the garage 3-4 days a week this is a pain in the ass Click here to enlarge

        but still 6 months of winter is coming, so there will be plenty of time Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by karel Click here to enlarge
        hehe true.. but for a guy thats used to be in the garage 3-4 days a week this is a pain in the ass Click here to enlarge

        but still 6 months of winter is coming, so there will be plenty of time Click here to enlarge
        Karel, for a guy overseas your English seems to be pretty good.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Karel, for a guy overseas your English seems to be pretty good.
        hahaha hey are you an magician. i totally missed this post Click here to enlarge

        Thx Dude... i guess im quite okay at english Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by karel Click here to enlarge
        hahaha hey are you an magician. i totally missed this post Click here to enlarge

        Thx Dude... i guess im quite okay at english Click here to enlarge
        Were you born in the US? Seriously, if I didn't know you were overseas I would not be able to tell.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Were you born in the US? Seriously, if I didn't know you were overseas I would not be able to tell.
        hahah no Click here to enlarge im born i czech in europe Click here to enlarge
      1. milkt's Avatar
        milkt -
        We're all European.
        Thats where Jesus came from.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        So now the colorbone is getting better.. and the rebuild of the car has begun..

        i think i wrote that i wasent planning any changes to the engine.. But the evil in me has woken..

        So here is the list for the mods being made.

        Custom made intake
        New ross forged pistons
        borgwarner or precision turbo 71-76mm not sure yet
        custom cam
        1600cc injectors - already on the way home.
        and an complete fuel system from Weldon racing pumps (and this is an new sponsor for 2011)

        the goal is 850-900whp

        and running 8sec on the strip.

        as soon as i get started with the rebuild i will keep you guys updated with pictures.

        /karel
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Go 76mm! Go big or go home, right?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        The competition to hit 8's is heating up.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        Go 76mm! Go big or go home, right?
        hehe yeah thats right.. im not 100% sure. yet. its between the 76 and 71.
        im still gonna drive it on the track so i want to have some kind of driveability left.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The competition to hit 8's is heating up.
        hehe yeep Click here to enlarge an 8sec with split rear end and zf gearbox that would be nice Click here to enlarge
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Thanks for keeping us updated Karel, you're car will be awesome regardless of turbo choice! Click here to enlarge
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for keeping us updated Karel, you're car will be awesome regardless of turbo choice! Click here to enlarge

        NP.. ofcourse i will keep my friends across the sea updated Click here to enlarge

        the turbo choice is a headache now. its between borgwarner 475 and 375 or the precision turbo 7175 or 7675

        the 7675 feels like there should be a big problem with backpressure duo to the small turbine.

        the big BW is 75 compressor wheel and 83 turbine that looks better in theory.

        Weldon fuel stuff is being shipped from ohio today, and injectors are arriving tomorow, so just the pistons left.

        /karel
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        ^ You mentioned creating a new thread, with the details on all those parts arriving and being installed that would be a good time to do it Click here to enlarge
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Yeep i Will Do it as soon as i get Home today Click here to enlarge
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        So the PT 7675 has a bigger compressor wheel but smaller exhaust turbine, and the BW 75/83 has a slightly smaller compressor wheel but the bigger exhaust turbine? Are they both dual ball bearing? Which one is newer?

        I would assume that BW 75/83 is setup for more top end power while trying to keep spool time at a minimum by using the same size compressor wheel as the smaller exhaust housings.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        So the PT 7675 has a bigger compressor wheel but smaller exhaust turbine, and the BW 75/83 has a slightly smaller compressor wheel but the bigger exhaust turbine? Are they both dual ball bearing? Which one is newer?

        I would assume that BW 75/83 is setup for more top end power while trying to keep spool time at a minimum by using the same size compressor wheel as the smaller exhaust housings.
        im starting a new thread, we can continue the talk there Click here to enlarge will be up in a sec
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        So the PT 7675 has a bigger compressor wheel but smaller exhaust turbine, and the BW 75/83 has a slightly smaller compressor wheel but the bigger exhaust turbine? Are they both dual ball bearing? Which one is newer?

        I would assume that BW 75/83 is setup for more top end power while trying to keep spool time at a minimum by using the same size compressor wheel as the smaller exhaust housings.
        Please make your same post with questions in here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...he-8sec-is-ON-!!
      1. Ricer Ennemi's Avatar
        Ricer Ennemi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by karel Click here to enlarge
        Hey..true my first week was horrible.. and at end of the week i was getting better, then a friends car caught on fire on a race an i tried yo put it out and cracked it again so no im on first week 2 second time.
        WTF dude...I wish you a good "without bad luck" long period.You deserve it I think!