• ESS is attempting to back out of the dyno event they themselves requested?


      Roman at ESS is now attempting to back out of the tuner dyno day shootout. I would like to remind everyone, ESS requested this dyno comparison themselves and asked BimmerBoost to schedule it. Now that the date is nearing, ESS is going back on their word at the last minute

      I received this e-mail from Roman:

      Quote Originally Posted by Roman
      Joseph / Sticky

      I have been well aware of your communication with AJ in regards to your dyno event. I have also seen your post on mfest where you accuse AJ of agreeing to attend your scheduled event. I find it odd that you would schedule an event like this without any confirmation from AJ that he could attend due to his current work in Europe . The following email responses from AJ to your request seem to be very clear that he wanted to attend your event but could not commit to your dates and that he would follow up with you when he could. I have seen the emails and I do not see the one where you gave AJ a date and he agreed to be there.


      "Hi Joseph,

      I am currently back in Europe putting the finishing touches on our soon to be released V10 SC system, I have not confirmed return flight to the US yet as that depends on when development here is finished. I hope to be back mid-late August, is there any chance the event can be planned after that? If not I will look into flying out there from Europe if time allows it."


      "Joseph,

      I am not quite sure yet as my return depends on completion of the MSS65 SC work. I will keep you posted as soon as I know.

      I think the 14th may be to soon as we are doing a airfield event here in Scandinavia with the E60 M5 SC that weekend."


      I believe AJ has been very cordial in answering your questions and sending you dyno info at your request. He has also been very open with wanting to help you put together a dyno event to prove to you and the other doubters in your camp how our products perform. During this time you have continued to make untrue statements about our company in an attempt to promote the vendors that sponsor your car and your website. The most recent is the post you made on e90post in regards to our NA software. You continue to say one thing to us and do another on the forums. You might feel that because you make anonymous accounts on these forums you can hide your ID from others while taking your usual shots at our company but you and I both know the truth.


      Do to your continued actions I feel that it is best if we terminate communications with you as you seem to have a very obvious motive when it comes to our company and the products we make.

      .
      Roman Zepeda
      ESS Performance Products
      E-Mail : roman@esstuning.com
      Web : www.esstuning.com
      Tel : (602)751-0571
      This was my response:

      Quote Originally Posted by Sticky
      First of all Roman, I never asked to schedule an event. Asbjorn made the request to me on the 11th of May for a dyno comparison this summer:

      "On another note, would you guys be up for a friendly dyno shootout in CA this summer? We would be glad to bring out a few cars for some comparisons under identical conditions. I would also like to meet some of you guys in person to talk about various things you have questions about as I feel this internet hostility serves no purpose. We have absolutely nothing to hide, and I would like to prove it to you.

      Regards,

      Asbjorn"

      I told him I would schedule the event:

      "Absolutely, I would be more than happy to host a dyno shootout. I have been trying to get this done for some time but no one has been willing to agree. Of course the internet hostility serves no purpose and my desire was to point out legitimate questions but then everyone starts fighting with personal politics on the other boards. "

      This was the response from Asbjorn:

      "It would be a lot of fun doing some friendly comparo's and posting the results! :-)"

      At no point am I told not to go forward with this. ESS suggested this themselves and said it would be fun, so I did what was requested of me to accommodate ESS. I scheduled the event for late-July since ESS said "summer" and gave no specific date. Well, late July apparently did not work as per Asbjorn being in Europe. Despite that, he says he will fly out if necessary:

      "I am currently back in Europe putting the finishing touches on our soon to be released V10 SC system, I have not confirmed return flight to the US yet as that depends on when development here is finished. I hope to be back mid-late August, is there any chance the event can be planned after that? If not I will look into flying out there from Europe if time allows it."

      I reschedule the event to accommodate ESS and update Asbjorn on that. At no point am I told he can not make it. He says he will be back mid-August, I make it late August as he REQUESTED the event to be rescheduled which is confirmation of attendance. ESS suggested the event, suggested the time frame, and suggested it be organized. I have complied in every possible respect. I have spent considerable time and money making this happen as requested. I'm not sure what else you could possibly want of me, I have gone above and beyond fulfilling your demands for a dyno day with a dynojet, boost logging, and dates in the most professional and respectful manner possible.

      I do not post on e90post, so you have me confused with someone else. Secondly, I am not in any camp. As a matter of fact, I have contacted ESS from the very earliest days requesting products for my car only to be rebuked and not followed up with.

      Asbjorn has agreed in principle to attend and suggested the event himself which I complied with. It seems now that the date is coming close you are attempting to back out. I will hold ESS accountable for the time and cost. Many companies have arranged their schedules around this event and you have led me on for almost 4 months now. If you would like to terminate the event, I will accept reimbursement for all the accrued time, fees, and potential lost revenue.

      Remember, ESS made the request for the event, confirmed, and asked for a reschedule. The entire point of the event was to alleviate any doubts so what motives do I have? To actually have a real third party comparison with all the tuners in one place? The product is supposed to speak for itself but you are not letting it. What was the point of all that talk when you requested a dyno challenge with Powerchip? Well, you have it, why are you not keeping your word? This is not professional behavior in the slightest. I hope this is simply a misunderstanding that we can work out and I would like to make it clear I fully have the best of intentions. That would also be why I even offered accommodations for Asbjorn at my expense. I hope we can work this out and I look forward to ESS honoring its word.

      - Joseph - BimmerBoost.com
      We have over a half dozen companies waiting on ESS. BMS has agreed and has been patiently waiting. MHP agreed although the date change now inconvenience them. Gintani agreed and said they would accept the date change for ESS. OE Tuning agreed and said they accept the date change to wait for ESS. Powerchip said they do not mind the date change and look forward to it. Vishnu has agreed in proxy and we also have GIAC representation. G-power is ready with their supercharger representation.

      BimmerBoost has worked tirelessly to make this event happen at substantial cost as any of these companies can attest. We have been on the phones and e-mailing back and forth for what is almost 4 months now.

      ESS requested this event, led everyone on, and now is backing down from their own challenge. BimmerBoost has considerable cost tied to the event and will not simply let it go. DC Performance has a large amount of revenue dependent on the event. Literally dozens of people, companies will be hurt financially and inconvenienced by ESS not honoring its own request.

      We would like the BMW community to encourage ESS to participate as they had agreed, please contact Roman and make it known you would like to see the event take place as planned:

      Roman Zepeda
      ESS Performance Products
      E-Mail : roman@esstuning.com
      Web : www.esstuning.com
      Tel : (602)751-057
      This article was originally published in forum thread: ESS is attempting to back out of the dyno event they themselves requested? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 167 Comments
      1. OverDrive's Avatar
        OverDrive -
        sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but why is Active Autowerke not on the list?
      1. alq80's Avatar
        alq80 -
        This does seem quite shady of them and I hope it works out. In fact, I would pay for this kind of info, so if they don't show up, f them.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OverDrive Click here to enlarge
        sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but why is Active Autowerke not on the list?
        Yes, it has been mentioned elsewhere but no problem.

        Active Autowerke is in Florida so it would be difficult to get them to fly out to participate. I will see if we can get their flash tune possibly and we will just flash it ourselves on their behalf if they would be willing.

        If you would like to see Active Autowerke participate, e-mail omurray@activeautowerke.com.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
        This does seem quite shady of them and I hope it works out. In fact, I would pay for this kind of info, so if they don't show up, f them.
        If they don't show up we will simply source ESS cars from elsewhere and ESS will participate whether they like it or not. I'm not about to let them piss all over the hard work everyone has put in for months just because ESS lacks integrity, respect, and responsibility.

        The dyno shootout will be revised and go ahead as planned.
      1. 05m3smg's Avatar
        05m3smg -
        wow this is crazy
      1. OverDrive's Avatar
        OverDrive -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes, it has been mentioned elsewhere but no problem.

        Active Autowerke is in Florida so it would be difficult to get them to fly out to participate. I will see if we can get their flash tune possibly and we will just flash it ourselves on their behalf if they would be willing.

        If you would like to see Active Autowerke participate, e-mail omurray@activeautowerke.com.
        gotcha..
        What about their supercharger? I'd like to see that in the comparisons as well
      1. Ronin's Avatar
        Ronin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The dyno shootout will be revised and go ahead as planned.
        This doesn't mean that you're going to switch the dates again, are you?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OverDrive Click here to enlarge
        gotcha..
        What about their supercharger? I'd like to see that in the comparisons as well
        The supercharger would be incredibly difficult to do unless they have a West Coast car.

        Make sure you e-mail, and if they see interest we can probably make it happen!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
        This doesn't mean that you're going to switch the dates again, are you?
        Yes.. you won't kill me will you?

        I need time to revise the event schedule now as well as source some ESS cars on my own. That will take time unfortunately since ESS had the decency Click here to enlarge to lead me on up until the last minute.
      1. BMW3R's Avatar
        BMW3R -
        Just an FYI. The only reason I chose Powerchip for tuning my 2011 M3 (paid for and waiting for final testing) is because of what I read on M3Post.com from ESS regarding PC. I would have to think that the negativity that I witnessed on M3Post could not be good for any business. I would hope that a business making these accusation would be willing to come forward and participate in a friendly 3rd party comparison.
      1. Ronin's Avatar
        Ronin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes.. you won't kill me will you?

        I need time to revise the event schedule now as well as source some ESS cars on my own. That will take time unfortunately since ESS had the decency Click here to enlarge to lead me on up until the last minute.
        Dammit, man! Click here to enlarge You have a month..you don't think you can source the cars inside that time? It'd save you money and time in the long run if you operated under the schedule you already have set, I'd think.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW3R Click here to enlarge
        Just an FYI. The only reason I chose Powerchip for tuning my 2011 M3 (paid for and waiting for final testing) is because of what I read on M3Post.com from ESS regarding PC. I would have to think that the negativity that I witnessed on M3Post could not be good for any business. I would hope that a business making these accusation would be willing to come forward and participate in a friendly 3rd party comparison.
        The voice of reason Click here to enlarge

        It was a friendly third part comparison. I don't know why ESS would have anything against DC Performance, it is a venue that is not associated with any of these tuners and does not even really do any BMW work. Vipers dominate their workload, it is a third party dynojet exactly as requested. I worked very hard for months to get them the perfect venue that they demanded in California.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ronin Click here to enlarge
        Dammit, man! Click here to enlarge You have a month..you don't think you can source the cars inside that time? It'd save you money and time in the long run if you operated under the schedule you already have set, I'd think.
        It would save me time and money but it would not be the event I promised. I owe you all exactly what I said I was going to make happen. The users are expecting a big comparison with all the big names and I am going to deliver it. I could easily just skip ESS but our users expect more and I intend to give the more.

        Yes, it will now take more time and money but I do not mind. If you guys are ok with waiting a little bit longer it will be even better. I apologize for this inconvenience.
      1. Monster135's Avatar
        Monster135 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It would save me time and money but it would not be the event I promised. I owe you all exactly what I said I was going to make happen. The users are expecting a big comparison with all the big names and I am going to deliver it. I could easily just skip ESS but our users expect more and I intend to give the more.

        Yes, it will now take more time and money but I do not mind. If you guys are ok with waiting a little bit longer it will be even better. I apologize for this inconvenience.
        What are you apologizing for? Romin being an ***hat and backing out at the last minute? F*ck ESS. If they don't participate it just makes them look bad. You've worked hard getting this setup and everyone appreciates it. With or without those **** pirates it will be an awesome event!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
        What are you apologizing for? Romin being an ***hat and backing out at the last minute? F*ck ESS. If they don't participate it just makes them look bad. You've worked hard getting this setup and everyone appreciates it. With or without those **** pirates it will be an awesome event!
        Basically I'm just apologizing to the companies and people who set their schedules around this who had certain expectations. Everyone has been 100% supportive and ready to make this rock... everyone except for the company that asked for it and then backed out.
      1. BzzzBom's Avatar
        BzzzBom -
        Please keep the scheduled date or it starts to make you look flaky like ESS. Most of us have already placed the date in our schedule. I would be willing to pitch in to purchase "ESS Sucks" shirts for all participants.
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BzzzBom Click here to enlarge
        Please keep the scheduled date or it starts to make you look flaky like ESS.
        Sticky, I know its not the case(you=flaky), but I strongly agree with BzzzBom. You already re-schedualed once due to ESS. This whole thing could fall apart because all other tuners may believe you will continue pushing this back, back, and back due to ESS. ESS is not the center of the universe, or of the tuning world. If they dont go, great. They will miss the only chance to stand behind their products and prove/establish the results they supposedly offers, in a head to head comparison against the others. Not attending will ONLY hurt their company in the future.

        Were they even paying for anything towards this? I think they were not, right?

        Companies who do not fulfill their commitment, do not deserve any business. Let them crash and burn on their own...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BzzzBom Click here to enlarge
        Please keep the scheduled date or it starts to make you look flaky like ESS. Most of us have already placed the date in our schedule. I would be willing to pitch in to purchase "ESS Sucks" shirts for all participants.
        I just need time to source possible outside representation, what am I supposed to do exactly?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, I know its not the case(you=flaky), but I strongly agree with BzzzBom. You already re-schedualed once due to ESS. This whole thing could fall apart because all other tuners may believe you will continue pushing this back, back, and back due to ESS. ESS is not the center of the universe, or of the tuning world. If they dont go, great. They will miss the only chance to stand behind their products and prove/establish the results they supposedly offers, in a head to head comparison against the others. Not attending will ONLY hurt their company in the future.

        Were they even paying for anything towards this? I think they were not, right?

        Companies who do not fulfill their commitment, do not deserve any business. Let them crash and burn on their own...
        Yes, yes, it will only hurt them but that isn't the point.

        I want to get some ESS cars there anyway so we have a comparison at the same time same place. This is important to the M3 community and will also make for a more complete event. Considering this is coming out of my pocket, I want to make sure I get as much bang for the buck as possible.
      1. MSpiredM3's Avatar
        MSpiredM3 -
        I think you should wait too and get some ESS cars there. This is a big event and I think it's worth it to push it back to get as close to a complete representation of all the available options on the market. Also, this gives some time to possibly allow someone on the West Coast to get an Active kit as well.