• New N54 1/4 mile record: 11.154 @ 124 with 1.5 60 foot

      Congratulations to OldBooster who set a new quickest N54 1/4 mile record in his 135i. The run was made at the Brandenton Motorsport Park on stock turbos. Modifications consist of nitrous with a .40 jet, JB3 2.0, Code 3 intercooler, Coolingmist Meth, Quaife LSD, and custom IRC exhaust on drag radials.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: OldBooster: 11.154 @ 124 MPH/1.5 60' started by alpinedevil335 View original post
      Comments 17 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Big congrats to OldBooster. We are going to see 10's this year looks like.

        Interesting how big the nitrous jet is getting and just how big a variance in trap there is betwen him and Hotrod Click here to enlarge

        These resuluts are realistic and it seems someone else may have been lying about their jet...
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        or the its just the variance in tracks.. looking at the N54 community, there seems to be a noticeable difference in times between similarly modded cars all across the us/canada, and then those that run @ sac
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        its an amazing time for stock turbos... crazy how much nitrous does. i dont think i can run a better et upped turbos no nos, but we'll see. how much meth is he using if any? i dont plan on a 60' better than 1.9 lol
      1. lamia2super's Avatar
        lamia2super -
        oddjob my fastest 60' is a 1.8 and I think that was luck lolol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        or the its just the variance in tracks.. looking at the N54 community, there seems to be a noticeable difference in times between similarly modded cars all across the us/canada, and then those that run @ sac
        That large of a variance even if this is a larger shot supposedly? Hmmm...
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That large of a variance even if this is a larger shot supposedly? Hmmm...
        for 6+ mph, it has to be more than an upped shot in HR's case though, dont you think? 6mph is a hell of a lot of power, or weight reduction. how much hp more do you have to make for 6+mph? and how much bigger of a "shot" could you go on an fi car as it is?

        mph on all the variously tuned n54 are getting higher, but none so high as that place. it may just be me doing some more ricer math, but it is something to ponder over
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        what trap did hotrod run? I got 121mph on stock turbos highest (at cayuga, ontario, canada) with full boltons, catless, no LSD, street tires, 19'' rims and coolingmist meth (single M7 nozzle), 50/50 meth/water mix, and MS103 race gas...think i can match that trap if not beat it but that ET is unreal

        congrats to oldbooster on these runs...that's some major balllzzz
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        what trap did hotrod run? I got 121mph on stock turbos highest (at cayuga, ontario, canada) with full boltons, catless, no LSD, street tires, 19'' rims and coolingmist meth (single M7 nozzle), 50/50 meth/water mix, and MS103 race gas...think i can match that trap if not beat it but that ET is unreal

        congrats to oldbooster on these runs...that's some major balllzzz
        What are were you running for tune on that 121mph run?
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        what trap did hotrod run? I got 121mph on stock turbos highest (at cayuga, ontario, canada) with full boltons, catless, no LSD, street tires, 19'' rims and coolingmist meth (single M7 nozzle), 50/50 meth/water mix, and MS103 race gas...think i can match that trap if not beat it but that ET is unreal

        congrats to oldbooster on these runs...that's some major balllzzz
        http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-20246.html

        all im saying is 121 seems to be par for the fastest of the runs, no N20, non sac
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        eh Drag Radials. How about with street tires and wheels?
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Thats what happens when you fit some big tires, glad someone did it! 50 series is beefy!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        eh Drag Radials. How about with street tires and wheels?
        He lists his street tire time as 11.4, not too shabby.

        Also, RWD cars need drag rubber to run better times.
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        Grats to Larry, he is bleeding edge as always!
      1. Square&Level's Avatar
        Square&Level -
        This is without doubt first post worthy...........Good Job OB!! Click here to enlarge
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Car is raping the scene. e36's look out.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        What are were you running for tune on that 121mph run?
        procede v4, 5-15 firmware (autotune)
      1. Ocbimmer's Avatar
        Ocbimmer -
        congrats man, this is awesome