Close

    • Eurocharged 2005 SL65 AMG M275 V12 dyno comparison between stock, Eurocharged Stage 1, and Eurocharged Stage 2

      Here is a graph from Eurocharged showing three different dyno runs from a 2005 Mercedes-Benz R230 SL65 AMG. The runs show stock, then flashed with the Eurocharged Stage 1 software, and then flashed with the more aggressive Eurocharged Stage 2 software. The baseline for the SL65 shows 374 wheel horsepower meaning this is a very, very conservative reading Mustang dyno. On a Dynojet the car shows about 520 rear wheel horsepower stock so this is a heartbreaker dyno.

      Regardless, the Stage I software adds about 100 horsepower at the wheels on this dyno over stock. Torque jumps up 106 lb-ft at the wheels to an eye opening 628 lb-ft. Bringing up the Dynojet again that would be close to 900 lb-ft at the wheels. Yes, an insane amount of torque.

      The Stage II software is able to further improve on the Stage I with gains of 33 wheel horsepower and 87 lb-ft of torque at the wheels for a total of 715 lb-ft.

      Yes, the torque falls off hard. This is not a motor that likes to rev or that has a flat curve. It's a stump puller and all about big, big torque down low.

      Great comparison illustrating just how much power can be pulled out of the SL65 AMG M275 twin turbo V12.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Eurocharged SL65 Dyno Results- Stock vs Stage 1 vs Stage2 started by Jake@Eurocharged.com View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Here is a graph from Eurocharged showing three different dyno runs from a 2005 Mercedes-Benz R230 SL65 AMG. The runs show stock, then flashed with the Eurocharged Stage 1 software, and then flashed with the more aggressive Eurocharged Stage 2 software. The baseline for the SL65 shows 374 wheel horsepower meaning this is a very, very conservative reading Mustang dyno. On a Dynojet the car shows about 520 rear wheel horsepower stock so this is a heartbreaker dyno.Regardless, the Stage I software adds about 100 horsepower at the wheels on this dyno over stock. Torque jumps up 106 lb-ft at the wheels to an eye opening 628 lb-ft. Bringing up the Dynojet again that would be close to 900 lb-ft at the wheels. Yes, an insane amount of torque. The Stage II software is able to further improve on the Stage I with gains of 33 wheel horsepower and 87 lb-ft of torque at the wheels for a total of 715 lb-ft. Yes, the torque falls off hard. This is not a motor that likes to rev or that has a flat curve. It's a stump puller and all about big, big torque down low. Great comparison illustrating just how much power can be pulled out of the SL65 AMG M275 twin turbo V12.
        Just randomly came across this .. Man these engines would be monsters if someone were to really put some time and money into them the big displacement v12 plus factory bi turbo should be a tuners dream ! I'd say something like upgrading the intake track/air box/manifold/throttle bodies to let it breathe deep as revs rise , then look into upgraded stock housing turbos ala RB turbos to keep close to stock spool since these should be low end monsters but give more boost up top , a proper catless downpipe / turbo back exhaust, new profile cams to utilize the new top end surge of air/boost , then proper inter cooler/ fluid coolers to keep temps in line ! You'd have a certified monster on your hands and the 5 speed auto is a brute that can take a boatload of power
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Driving one of these must be weird/interesting/fun/ frustrating the graph starts at 3500'rpm and your already at peak power and it just flatlined to redline prob feels as if its being held back you get that big power rush down low expecting more to come and it just stays there
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Just randomly came across this .. Man these engines would be monsters if someone were to really put some time and money into them the big displacement v12 plus factory bi turbo should be a tuners dream ! I'd say something like upgrading the intake track/air box/manifold/throttle bodies to let it breathe deep as revs rise , then look into upgraded stock housing turbos ala RB turbos to keep close to stock spool since these should be low end monsters but give more boost up top , a proper catless downpipe / turbo back exhaust, new profile cams to utilize the new top end surge of air/boost , then proper inter cooler/ fluid coolers to keep temps in line ! You'd have a certified monster on your hands and the 5 speed auto is a brute that can take a boatload of power
        Zonda R Click here to enlarge
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Zonda R Click here to enlarge
        Wow great point I didn't think of that !! Now change those turbos yum
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Wow great point I didn't think of that !! Now change those turbos yum
        Yeah now imagine all that with a true dual clutched straight cut gearbox Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Just randomly came across this .. Man these engines would be monsters if someone were to really put some time and money into them the big displacement v12 plus factory bi turbo should be a tuners dream ! I'd say something like upgrading the intake track/air box/manifold/throttle bodies to let it breathe deep as revs rise , then look into upgraded stock housing turbos ala RB turbos to keep close to stock spool since these should be low end monsters but give more boost up top , a proper catless downpipe / turbo back exhaust, new profile cams to utilize the new top end surge of air/boost , then proper inter cooler/ fluid coolers to keep temps in line ! You'd have a certified monster on your hands and the 5 speed auto is a brute that can take a boatload of power
        I agree with you completely but these motors have not gotten much love for whatever reason.

        The problem with upgrading the stock housing is that the manifold and turbo all cast into a single piece. So, what do you do? You need an aftermarket manifold essentially and spacing is tight.

        All this motor needs is a cam, some head work, and big turbos. Then go kill everything in sight...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Driving one of these must be weird/interesting/fun/ frustrating the graph starts at 3500'rpm and your already at peak power and it just flatlined to redline prob feels as if its being held back you get that big power rush down low expecting more to come and it just stays there
        It's a complete stump puller.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        It would be awesome if someone would figure out a top end package (head, cams, valves) for these things, I feel like that's the missing link. Didn't MKB have a set of cams for the 275 for their 1000 hp package? Or am I imagining things?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        It would be awesome if someone would figure out a top end package (head, cams, valves) for these things, I feel like that's the missing link. Didn't MKB have a set of cams for the 275 for their 1000 hp package? Or am I imagining things?
        The motor is SOHC should be pretty damn simple really.

        Heads, cam, valves, there should be massive gains in this area.

        MKB probably had them but more likely they were made by Schrick.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The motor is SOHC should be pretty damn simple really.

        Heads, cam, valves, there should be massive gains in this area.

        MKB probably had them but more likely they were made by Schrick.
        That actually is exactly what I heard, I wonder what happened to that. That plus Speedriven's 1200 hp package would be monstrous, and would make me consider a 65 in a heartbeat. Unbelievable potential. It just needs to be realized.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        That actually is exactly what I heard, I wonder what happened to that. That plus Speedriven's 1200 hp package would be monstrous, and would make me consider a 65 in a heartbeat. Unbelievable potential. It just needs to be realized.
        There really is no point though with the M157 available. Speedriven has yet to demonstrate it's '1200 hp' from what I've seen. An M157 with big turbos will just as capable if not more so.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There really is no point though with the M157 available. Speedriven has yet to demonstrate it's '1200 hp' from what I've seen. An M157 with big turbos will just as capable if not more so.
        Very true, I just have a thing for V12s. They haven't really given much in terms of dyno sheets, but I know a few guys that have regular work done and they say that this package is no joke. In fact, one of my good buddies just finished up having them put together his 1000+ hp Weistec powered C63, so he's spent a ton of time there.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Very true, I just have a thing for V12s. They haven't really given much in terms of dyno sheets, but I know a few guys that have regular work done and they say that this package is no joke. In fact, one of my good buddies just finished up having them put together his 1000+ hp Weistec powered C63, so he's spent a ton of time there.
        I like the V12 too it just doesn't breathe as well up top or rev. I have no doubt the package is fairly strong I just haven't seen any dyno numbers read this: http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....s-(600-65-AMG)
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I like the V12 too it just doesn't breathe as well up top or rev. I have no doubt the package is fairly strong I just haven't seen any dyno numbers read this: ...
        Yeah read that earlier, hopefully somebody with this package can get some dyno numbers up too, the idea of a 1200 hp S Class seems awesome. Minus the handling, or lack thereof. Ideal garage is a GT3, my E28, an S65, and a blown M3. I'd love to see Speedriven develop the hell out of this engine, but unfortunately its time has passed. It will become a relic of the great speed wars of the mid 2000s, but hopefully the people that own one already will continue the funding of further development. Link removed per forum rules.