There is a lot more to it as the full mod list is below but the car is also a 4-door with the 6-speed manual transmission. They plan to raise the boost and go for 10's soon which is possible if they get that 1.9X 60 foot down. Front wheel drives are not easy to launch even with slicks.
GIAC tuning now powers the stock turbo TSI record, K04 record, and overall TSI record. Impressive and congrats to all involved, video and specs below.
- GIAC Stage 3+ Race mode
- Heat treated and hardened block, tunnel bored, decked and squared.
- Balanced and heat treated crank, OEM main bearings
- 83mm (.5mm over) Mahle forged pistons @ 9.68:1 CR (custom machined, burette measured) this went up slightly when the ferrea valves went in, was 9.5:1(Internals supplied by INA Engineering)
- DM Forged I Beam conrods with tool steel pins, ARP fasteners, Calico rod bearings.
- ARP fasteners on main bearing caps and head studs
- Gas flowed ported head, balanced port volume, measured 20% increase in flow.
- Balanced combustion chambers, polished.
- Ferrea valvetrain, titanium retainers, 200lb seat pressure, balanced to 8500 rpm.
- Bosch High flow injectors. 28% increased flow over OEM TSI injectors. (AKA LNF injectors from Cobalt SS T/C)
- USP low pressure fuel pump upgrade, US cam with larger fuel pump lobe
- BCS big turbo kit with GT3071R, split cast manifold, AWE discharge pipe.
- Electronic Boost Controller
- Eurojet FMIC
- Miltek 3” race system with custom downpipe (no flange adapter)
- Snow performance 375 mL nozzle
- OEM Revision D diveter valve.
- BCS/AWE carbon intake kit
- VP109 fuel
- M&H slicks on 17” enkei wheels
- M&H skinnies on rear
- Bilstein PSS10
- Supaloy control arms
- Wavetrac LSD
- Golf R brakes all round
- Vibra Technics engine mounts