Close

    • Watch a 135i with upgraded turbos easily pull away from a C5 Corvette with a built LS6 V8

      Great run here showing an E82 135i with upgraded turbos, full bolt ons, Alpina trans flash software for the 6-speed automatic transmission, meth injection, and a tune from Bren Tuning against a C5 vette with a built LS6 V8. The 135i makes easy work of the C5 from a roll that is stated to have a built motor although what it is putting out is not reavealed. A built LS6 V8 without any forced induction won't have many advantages other than that of longevity over a stock LS6 with the same modifications.

      To be noted, this C5 is not a Z06 but is said to have an LS6 V8 which would have to be swapped in. Some controversy on the Vette's mod list and it certainly should be questioned.

      Video is below. Thank you to BimmerBoost member @Ghost135 for the vid.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Ghost135 vs. FBO Z06 started by Ghost135 View original post
      Comments 44 Comments
      1. RnmEvo9's Avatar
        RnmEvo9 -
        I'm curious to see how you do against a C6 Z06. Click here to enlarge
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
        I'm curious to see how you do against a C6 Z06. Click here to enlarge
        x2
      1. Ghost135's Avatar
        Ghost135 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
        I'm curious to see how you do against a C6 Z06. Click here to enlarge
        I am actively looking for races against high end sports cars.. hopefully when the weather gets warmer
      1. Laloosh's Avatar
        Laloosh -
        Where are you from? I'm not buying the mod list on that corvette.
      1. Laloosh's Avatar
        Laloosh -
        If that's 23 south right before 287 I can get you some big boy cars to run Click here to enlarge
      1. Mr.Squeeze's Avatar
        Mr.Squeeze -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ghost135 Click here to enlarge
        I am actively looking for races against high end sports cars.. hopefully when the weather gets warmer
        Sorry I missed it but how much power are you making?



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
        If that's 23 south right before 287 I can get you some big boy cars to run Click here to enlarge
        That looks more like RT 10 to me
      1. litz4244's Avatar
        litz4244 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ghost135 Click here to enlarge
        I am actively looking for races against high end sports cars.. hopefully when the weather gets warmer
        When the weather clears up pm me. I just finished up my new project I have built a 402 c5z since I sold my bmw and my buddy has a head cam c6z.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
        That looks more like RT 10 to me
        100% sure that's Rt 10, know exactly where that is
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Nice run and vid! Thanks for sharing.

        -TZ
      1. Ghost135's Avatar
        Ghost135 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litz4244 Click here to enlarge
        When the weather clears up pm me. I just finished up my new project I have built a 402 c5z since I sold my bmw and my buddy has a head cam c6z.
        Alright sounds good..

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
        Sorry I missed it but how much power are you making?


        That looks more like RT 10 to me
        491/515 and Very possible
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Great run here showing an E82 135i with upgraded turbos, full bolt ons, Alpina trans flash software for the 6-speed automatic transmission, meth injection, and a tune from Bren Tuning against a C5 vette with a built LS6 V8. The 135i makes easy work of the C5 from a roll that is stated to have a built motor although what it is putting out is not reavealed. A built LS6 V8 without any forced induction won't have many advantages other than that of longevity over a stock LS6 with the same modifications.

        To be noted, this C5 is not a Z06 but is said to have an LS6 V8 which would have to be swapped in. Some controversy on the Vette's mod list and it certainly should be questioned.

        Video is below. Thank you to BimmerBoost member @Ghost135 for the vid.

        Click here to enlarge

      1. WedgePerformance's Avatar
        WedgePerformance -
        Nice kill. I see you're Alpina flashed also. How's that working with your RB's?
      1. Ghost135's Avatar
        Ghost135 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
        Nice kill. I see you're Alpina flashed also. How's that working with your RB's?
        Like Peanut Butter and Jelly... Perfect match and huge difference
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Thats not a Z06 but you're welcome to give my FRC a run and its built for real.
      1. DRedman45's Avatar
        DRedman45 -
        LS6 swap would be dumb...the bottom end is basically identical, heads, intake, and cams are the big difference...the blocks are so similar some f body cars got the LS6 block from the factory as an LS1

        other than the rear ducts, it has the glass roof as another giveaway
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRedman45 Click here to enlarge
        LS6 swap would be dumb...the bottom end is basically identical, heads, intake, and cams are the big difference...the blocks are so similar some f body cars got the LS6 block from the factory as an LS1

        other than the rear ducts, it has the glass roof as another giveaway
        Different blocks(stronger), heads(more flow), cam(better power band), intake (flows better), trans gearing (more closely spaced), functional rear brake ducting. I would say the LS6 is a totally different motor...

        Folks tend to swap those heads & intake onto LS1 motors for more power. Port them and they make sick power vs say the LS1 heads/intake.
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        c5 z06 is a lot lighter then a frc like 250lbs lighter
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Thats incorrect the difference in weight from a FRC (3174 lbs)to a Z06 (3130 lbs) is no where near 250 lbs. The difference being the Titanium Exhaust and Magnesium wheels for the Z06. From a standard coupe (3230) to a FRC the weight difference is a bit greater. Auto trans car weighed slightly more as do Verts but since the FRC or Z06 came with autos or in Vert styles I didnt include those weights.
      1. DRedman45's Avatar
        DRedman45 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        Different blocks(stronger), heads(more flow), cam(better power band), intake (flows better), trans gearing (more closely spaced), functional rear brake ducting. I would say the LS6 is a totally different motor...

        Folks tend to swap those heads & intake onto LS1 motors for more power. Port them and they make sick power vs say the LS1 heads/intake.
        the swap would be dumb because you can swap heads, intake, and cams like I was saying and be on a level field instead of swapping a motor....as far as the block, I have heard quite a bit of the opposite...because of the windows in the casting, it loses strength and makes re-sleeving it an issue. it isn't weak by any means, but in terms of building it, the ls1 has an advantage
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DRedman45 Click here to enlarge
        the swap would be dumb because you can swap heads, intake, and cams like I was saying and be on a level field instead of swapping a motor....as far as the block, I have heard quite a bit of the opposite...because of the windows in the casting, it loses strength and makes re-sleeving it an issue. it isn't weak by any means, but in terms of building it, the ls1 has an advantage
        Opinions vary as they say...