Close

    • Vargas Stage III Turbo upgrade for 335/135 N54 motor hits 572 wheel horsepower on 91 octane pump gas (no meth injection) with Cobb flash

      Well here are some results for the Vargas Stage III upgrade that has caused the N54 forum section to basically be engaged in chaos for the past few months. From accusations of vaporware, to comparison to single turbo upgrades, to countless other arguments the day has come and the Stage III Vargas Turbo upgrade dyno'd on 91 octane with no meth 572 horsepower to the rear wheels. This is with a Cobb flash tuned by BimmerBoost vendor Pro-Tuning Freaks.


      Impressive? Yep, sure is and this seems to also be a 91 octane pump gas only world record for the N54. Now keep in mind this is just the beginning. What will it do with meth? What will do on E85? What will it do with race gas and big boost? What about different turbos? Sky appears to be the limit but for now this kind of performance on pump gas sure is a big boost (hah, get it?) to the N54 scene.

      Congratulations to all involved, Vargas Turbo Tech, Pro-Tuning Freaks, Cobb, and just the N54 community as well. The impossible just became possible. Pictures, video, and dynograph below.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: 572WHP 537WTQ - ACN 91 Octane, no meth - VTT Stage 3 Early Dynos PTF / COBB Protune started by VargasTurboTech View original post
      Comments 575 Comments
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        So you assumed that DZ didn't tune the car properly for the 91 oct. tune? And with the added meth corrected this..

        So you where just wrong? Why is that hard for you?
        Tuning is an artform not an exact science. Plenty of approaches available, just so happened the approach dzenno may have used may have been a hair hot for the mods, thus meth regained the power lost. Doesn't mean his tune was bad though if the logs showed a happy motor.

        Speaking of which, where da logs? Click here to enlarge
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        So you assumed that DZ didn't tune the car properly for the 91 oct. tune? And with the added meth corrected this..

        So you where just wrong? Why is that hard for you?
        Im starting to question who is the retarded one, you for being so ill informed, or me for trying to educate you.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
        On a properly tuned flash map? Shouldn't happen. Back in the JB3 days thats precisely how we made power, throw meth at the car so it runs full stock advance thus making more power on that alone.
        shouldnt happen, but thats exactly the scenario, if no changes were actually made, it would have been..

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
        Tuning is an artform not an exact science. Plenty of approaches available, just so happened the approach dzenno may have used may have been a hair hot for the mods, thus meth regained the power lost. Doesn't mean his tune was bad though if the logs showed a happy motor.
        again, a 30hp gain and smoothing of power would have suggested this. but since it came to light after that additional timing+meth were the reason for the HP bump, it doesnt seem like the case..
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Im starting to question who is the retarded one, you for being so ill informed, or me for trying to educate you.
        Please continue to educate me, on your superior wrong knowledge.

        Im sorry that you're having a bad day, but you where wrong.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        Please continue to educate me, on your superior wrong knowledge.

        Im sorry that you're having a bad day, but you where wrong.
        I may have been wrong, due to being given bad information. you were only "right" because you are too dumb to know what goes on.. ill take my approach over blatant stupidity any day.
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        I may have been wrong, due to being given bad information. you were only "right" because you are too dumb to know what goes on.. ill take my approach over blatant stupidity any day.
        Ok and now we are moving on..

        The truth is I never read the original post completely until there was confirmation that the release that it was intact different mapping (Which I assumed).. No big deal, calm down LM.
      1. DallasBoosted's Avatar
        DallasBoosted -
        You guys sound like a bunch of kindergarteners. Support Tony and Dzenno and ask good questions, don't try to be "that guy" that calls him out for something. Grow up.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        Ok and now we are moving on..

        The truth is I never read the original post completely until there was confirmation that the release that it was intact different mapping (Which I assumed).. No big deal, calm down LM.
        your right, its not a big deal, but you have an infatuation with trolling anyone that questions VTT.. oddly, i didnt question VTT, as tuning has nothing to do with them. I dont even think they should be commenting on the tuning aspect of it, other than hardware specs and what it can support.

        Im glad DZ clarified it as that question I asked, w/o DZ correcting it, would have been asked by others.
        if you feel like discussing it more, call me and tell me about it, 239-940-2101

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
        You guys sound like a bunch of kindergarteners. Support Tony and Dzenno and ask good questions, don't try to be "that guy" that calls him out for something. Grow up.
        clarify.. who is being "that guy"?
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        your right, its not a big deal, but you have an infatuation with trolling anyone that questions VTT.. oddly, i didnt question VTT, as tuning has nothing to do with them. I dont even think they should be commenting on the tuning aspect of it, other than hardware specs and what it can support.

        Im glad DZ clarified it as that question I asked, w/o DZ correcting it, would have been asked by others.
        if you feel like discussing it more, call me and tell me about it, 239-940-2101


        clarify.. who is being "that guy"?
        Haha I KNOW THAT PHONE NUMBER Click here to enlarge

        Also if you want to buy a house in South Florida, that number works too! Click here to enlarge

        Edit* With the pricing just being released, You can't say that you're not impressed with Vargas and everything he is doing and how he is providing more information than anyone can ask for, of course mistakes will be made when constantly putting out information.

        Fanboy..? Eh, more like really impressed future customer.
      1. eric84405's Avatar
        eric84405 -
        C'mon, man! Let's keep this thread constructive and about advances to the N54 platform. Vargas/PTF and many others have contributed beyond measure and we all benefit. Please stop thread crapping. Thanks!
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Im starting to question who is the retarded one, you for being so ill informed, or me for trying to educate you.

        shouldnt happen, but thats exactly the scenario, if no changes were actually made, it would have been..



        again, a 30hp gain and smoothing of power would have suggested this. but since it came to light after that additional timing+meth were the reason for the HP bump, it doesnt seem like the case..
        If my understanding of ATR is correct, the car slowly pulls timing based on CAT. Being that methanol suppresses CAT it is not losing the power the DME was pulling on straight pump.

        The JB3 analogy is the extreme end of this occurrence.

        Its closer to 17 whp fwiw
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        My apologies if you meant it in a non argumentative way. Just used to people nitpicking just about everything. We have nothing to hide.
        Not at all, just saw some results that didn't add up & wanted to see if there was an answer. The product you're releasing is huge for the N54 & def something that's alot more useful to the community (not limited to a specific tune, maintains the OEM-characteristics of TT setup, etc).


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        And on your math, you may want to go back and read a little closer, 585 and 602 is indeed 17 HP
        Didn't realize there was a 585 run. All I've seen are the 572 WHP & 602. Regardless, I got the answer I was looking for & nitpicking over 4 WHP is a waste of both our time.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Im starting to question who is the retarded one, you for being so ill informed, or me for trying to educate you.
        You're wasting your time, breath & energy -- Save it for someone that wants to acknowledges data (aka, facts).
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Honestly, if you guys are going to argue. Keep on track a little bit, please. The thread is getting out of hand. Thank you..Click here to enlarge
      1. rader1's Avatar
        rader1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        You're wasting your time, breath & energy -- Save it for someone that wants to acknowledges data (aka, facts).
        I'm sure the neg reps will flow for this, but it is what it is.
        I answered LM question twice and he seemed unable or unwilling to understand what i was saying. As it always is with him when it comes to the technical stuff in this conversation LM is out of his depth.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
        I answered LM question twice and he seemed unable or unwilling to understand what i was saying. As it always is with him when it comes to the technical stuff in this conversation LM is out of his depth.
        restate your question, i dont recall seeing one other than talking about charge air temp, which, with better flowing turbo's should not have been an issue, but at the same time distinctly validates the fact that power would have been choppy, the car knocking due to too much timing and/or boost, as validated by a smoothness and HP increase with better cooing and octane..if in fact it was the exact same tuning (which we now know is not the case) but i guess thats over my head..
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
        Def agree on the first statement. However, I think people are going to be a bit disappointed by e85 in this application, at the very least with e85 used by itself (e85+enough meth might bandaid it temporarily). If the HPFP is running out of volume on 91 octane pisswater, it's really going to struggle with a fuel that is significantly less energy dense. IMHO, MS109/GT260P+meth is what will allow this setup to shine brightest until either an HPFP upgrade or some form of supplementary injection comes around.
        People aren't going to want to hear this but this is one of the most valid comments in this thread... the car won't make that much more power if the HPFP is already slowly taking a dump. In the end, meth will take over here as it always does until a true fuel pump solution is found... either way, props to VTT for being the first to show this data as it should be shown.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Cheers to transparency! Click here to enlarge
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
        People aren't going to want to hear this but this is one of the most valid comments in this thread... the car won't make that much more power if the HPFP is already slowly taking a dump. In the end, meth will take over here as it always does until a true fuel pump solution is found... either way, props to VTT for being the first to show this data as it should be shown.
        I agree with this, and it makes sense, But E85 is just one option..

        As you know C16 / Ms109 / UTR-A are just a few alternatives.

        Obviously we're all hoping for a HPFP fix, which hopefully is just around the corner.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        I agree with this, and it makes sense, But E85 is just one option..

        As you know C16 / Ms109 / UTR-A are just a few alternatives.

        Obviously we're all hoping for a HPFP fix, which hopefully is just around the corner.
        Since my last attempt at trusting someone else with it was a bust. I was at my fabricators today with one on the bench figuring stuffs out. D put a bug in my ear a while back and we are moving on it.
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
        People aren't going to want to hear this but this is one of the most valid comments in this thread... the car won't make that much more power if the HPFP is already slowly taking a dump. In the end, meth will take over here as it always does until a true fuel pump solution is found... either way, props to VTT for being the first to show this data as it should be shown.
        On pump gas octane is the issue, on E85 its flow limits of the fuel system on lesser turbo solutions. Meth will fix this given the lack of HPFP upgrades.
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        I agree with this, and it makes sense, But E85 is just one option..

        As you know C16 / Ms109 / UTR-A are just a few alternatives.

        Obviously we're all hoping for a HPFP fix, which hopefully is just around the corner.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
        On pump gas octane is the issue, on E85 its flow limits of the fuel system on lesser turbo solutions. Meth will fix this given the lack of HPFP upgrades.
        Thats my point... it will be meth... I guarantee it.