Close

    • Vargas Stage III Turbo upgrade for 335/135 N54 motor hits 572 wheel horsepower on 91 octane pump gas (no meth injection) with Cobb flash

      Well here are some results for the Vargas Stage III upgrade that has caused the N54 forum section to basically be engaged in chaos for the past few months. From accusations of vaporware, to comparison to single turbo upgrades, to countless other arguments the day has come and the Stage III Vargas Turbo upgrade dyno'd on 91 octane with no meth 572 horsepower to the rear wheels. This is with a Cobb flash tuned by BimmerBoost vendor Pro-Tuning Freaks.


      Impressive? Yep, sure is and this seems to also be a 91 octane pump gas only world record for the N54. Now keep in mind this is just the beginning. What will it do with meth? What will do on E85? What will it do with race gas and big boost? What about different turbos? Sky appears to be the limit but for now this kind of performance on pump gas sure is a big boost (hah, get it?) to the N54 scene.

      Congratulations to all involved, Vargas Turbo Tech, Pro-Tuning Freaks, Cobb, and just the N54 community as well. The impossible just became possible. Pictures, video, and dynograph below.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: 572WHP 537WTQ - ACN 91 Octane, no meth - VTT Stage 3 Early Dynos PTF / COBB Protune started by VargasTurboTech View original post
      Comments 575 Comments
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Wish I had some updates too Click here to enlarge We haven't touched the stg3 car since the first dyno..its still with its owner for some of his personal enjoyment on 91 until we make it down to Tony's place for some more tuning
      1. Sered's Avatar
        Sered -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
        Wish I had some updates too Click here to enlarge We haven't touched the stg3 car since the first dyno..its still with its owner for some of his personal enjoyment on 91 until we make it down to Tony's place for some more tuning
        Ah ok, my misunderstanding. For some reason I thought you were headed there this week. I hope the owner is enjoying it (a little mini-review of it would be cool!); he's been a pretty patient guy, though being able to drive Tony's Porsche ain't such a bad deal Click here to enlarge
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
        benzy89 , is that log from your Brenn E85 map making 460whp on his dyno?
        No, that's a recent log when I filled up, just wanted to data log for myself. It's possible that the E85 wasn't up to "par", but it wouldn't explain the completely timing correction free section of the log. The car is about to hit 50k (~20k with the BMS OCC installed), so an intake valve cleaning is probably coming up soon.

        Does anybody know if I can log with someone else's AP since mine is being serviced by COBB?? Sure I can find someone local to borrow from them & take 1 or 2 logs.
      1. govr46's Avatar
        govr46 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
        Ah ok, my misunderstanding. For some reason I thought you were headed there this week. I hope the owner is enjoying it (a little mini-review of it would be cool!); he's been a pretty patient guy, though being able to drive Tony's Porsche ain't such a bad deal Click here to enlarge

        So I've been driving the car everyday since ive gotten it back.
        All i can say is the acceleration is unreal. The first time my wife sat in the car and I did a hard 3rd gear pull her reaction was priceless (I should have recorded it with my Gopro)
        The turbos spooling up sounds intoxicating. ( First time I heard them I called Tony cause I thought something was wrong.lol)
        Can't wait for everyone to get their stage 3's, so I can keep my car permanently.
        But then I won't be the only one with them Click here to enlarge
      1. Animal29's Avatar
        Animal29 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
        So I've been driving the car everyday since ive gotten it back.
        All i can say is the acceleration is unreal. The first time my wife sat in the car and I did a hard 3rd gear pull her reaction was priceless (I should have recorded it with my Gopro)
        The turbos spooling up sounds intoxicating. ( First time I heard them I called Tony cause I thought something was wrong.lol)
        Can't wait for everyone to get their stage 3's, so I can keep my car permanently.
        But then I won't be the only one with them Click here to enlarge
        Haha too bad you didn't record that. I can't wait to hear my stage 3's scream!!!
      1. Sered's Avatar
        Sered -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
        So I've been driving the car everyday since ive gotten it back.
        All i can say is the acceleration is unreal. The first time my wife sat in the car and I did a hard 3rd gear pull her reaction was priceless (I should have recorded it with my Gopro)
        The turbos spooling up sounds intoxicating. ( First time I heard them I called Tony cause I thought something was wrong.lol)
        Can't wait for everyone to get their stage 3's, so I can keep my car permanently.
        But then I won't be the only one with them Click here to enlarge
        That sounds great! Made my day Click here to enlarge I figured those GTX turbos sounded pretty wicked. Thanks for sharing Click here to enlarge
      1. bmw335iguy's Avatar
        bmw335iguy -
        @govr46 Please post some in car vids! Would love to hear those gtx's screaming!
      1. 654's Avatar
        654 -
        Now that there are several people with a BIG interest in getting the HPFP upgraded, how about a concentrated effort right away to get some real talented people to work on it? Starting now, someone could get it done almost when needed...or hopefully soon after.
      1. Sered's Avatar
        Sered -
        I think @dzen is working on something as we speak. Not sure, only read a few quips.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
        So I've been driving the car everyday since ive gotten it back.
        All i can say is the acceleration is unreal. The first time my wife sat in the car and I did a hard 3rd gear pull her reaction was priceless (I should have recorded it with my Gopro)
        The turbos spooling up sounds intoxicating. ( First time I heard them I called Tony cause I thought something was wrong.lol)
        Can't wait for everyone to get their stage 3's, so I can keep my car permanently.
        But then I won't be the only one with them Click here to enlarge
        SUPER jealous!! Click here to enlarge But I'm really glad its running strong and you're enjoying the car!

        Now, TONY, make another "crappy"-weld prototype and send it up to my igloo in Canada...i'd rock that NO problem on my car! haha installed, dynoed, 700whp or bust same day I got it LOL

        Yeah, not excited at all here, nope!
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
        SUPER jealous!! Click here to enlarge But I'm really glad its running strong and you're enjoying the car!
        PTF guys do all the tuning & don't even get a ride, that sux lol.....
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        PTF guys do all the tuning & don't even get a ride, that sux lol.....
        Click here to enlarge
      1. redlineryder's Avatar
        redlineryder -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge

        Yeah, not excited at all here, nope!
        I bet you are bud.. picture related.. it's you after getting the Stage 3's

        Attachment 28535
      1. redlineryder's Avatar
        redlineryder -
        What is the ETA for the first kits being shipped? 2-3 months?
      1. Tomaz's Avatar
        Tomaz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
        What is the ETA for the first kits being shipped? 2-3 months?
        I hope that no more than 2 month.
      1. VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
        What is the ETA for the first kits being shipped? 2-3 months?
        Intro price guys all know the ETA and its a bit longer then 2 months. We wont even have the kit off the car to start production until late april once jake comes and we finish the tuning.
      1. VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
        Now that there are several people with a BIG interest in getting the HPFP upgraded, how about a concentrated effort right away to get some real talented people to work on it? Starting now, someone could get it done almost when needed...or hopefully soon after.
        Don't worry I am on it, working on 2 different solutions. Bought parts today.
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Don't worry I am on it, working on 2 different solutions. Bought parts today.
        Vargas, always delivering.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
        I bet you are bud.. picture related.. it's you after getting the Stage 3's

        Attachment 28535
        LOL
      1. Sered's Avatar
        Sered -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by redlineryder Click here to enlarge
        I bet you are bud.. picture related.. it's you after getting the Stage 3's

        Attachment 28535
        LOL

        Found a picture of the Stage 3 crew

        Attachment 28536