Close

    • Vargas Stage III Turbo upgrade for 335/135 N54 motor hits 572 wheel horsepower on 91 octane pump gas (no meth injection) with Cobb flash

      Well here are some results for the Vargas Stage III upgrade that has caused the N54 forum section to basically be engaged in chaos for the past few months. From accusations of vaporware, to comparison to single turbo upgrades, to countless other arguments the day has come and the Stage III Vargas Turbo upgrade dyno'd on 91 octane with no meth 572 horsepower to the rear wheels. This is with a Cobb flash tuned by BimmerBoost vendor Pro-Tuning Freaks.


      Impressive? Yep, sure is and this seems to also be a 91 octane pump gas only world record for the N54. Now keep in mind this is just the beginning. What will it do with meth? What will do on E85? What will it do with race gas and big boost? What about different turbos? Sky appears to be the limit but for now this kind of performance on pump gas sure is a big boost (hah, get it?) to the N54 scene.

      Congratulations to all involved, Vargas Turbo Tech, Pro-Tuning Freaks, Cobb, and just the N54 community as well. The impossible just became possible. Pictures, video, and dynograph below.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: 572WHP 537WTQ - ACN 91 Octane, no meth - VTT Stage 3 Early Dynos PTF / COBB Protune started by VargasTurboTech View original post
      Comments 575 Comments
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rwalker Click here to enlarge
        IMHO: BB is the home of the N54 community right now (except perhaps classifieds).
        It's cause nobody here really sells their $#@!, we just keep adding more mods to our cars Click here to enlarge
      1. bmw335iguy's Avatar
        bmw335iguy -
        I'll have some AR downpipes for sale as soon as Tony installs my Stage 3's Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rwalker Click here to enlarge
        IMHO: BB is the home of the N54 community right now (except perhaps classifieds).
        I can understand that. It takes significant volume to offer a true alternative for the classifieds but I have an idea.
      1. BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
        BEAR-AvHistory -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Are people starting to appreciate what BB is doing yet or is it still a freaking uphill battle to open eyes and free minds?
        To be honest I was really surprised at the amount of push back especially when Shiv opened the second post about spool time. Don't think that worked out the way he planned because you typically are dealing with the sycophants or people afraid to speak their minds because of a banned threat hanging over them.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
        To be honest I was really surprised at the amount of push back especially when Shiv opened the second post about spool time. Don't think that worked out the way he planned because you typically are dealing with the sycophants or people afraid to speak their minds because of a banned threat hanging over them.
        I guess with this place existing that ban threat isn't the big deal it once was.
      1. BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
        BEAR-AvHistory -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I guess with this place existing that ban threat isn't the big deal it once was.
        Yeah its kind of like Shiv growing Vargas's business with every post & 90 growing yours with every banClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
        Yeah its kind of like Shiv growing Vargas's business with every post & 90 growing yours with every banClick here to enlarge
        It's a beautiful thing.
      1. CaptainInsano's Avatar
        CaptainInsano -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
        Yeah its kind of like Shiv growing Vargas's business with every post & 90 growing yours with every banClick here to enlarge
        Damnit BEAR you caused the thread to close Click here to enlarge
      1. Brey335i's Avatar
        Brey335i -
        All forums have BS. It's in the nature of forums. But BB has 2 major advantages:

        1. Rep system allows members to censor each other / promotes constructive posting

        2. Voicing legitimate opinions without BanHammer.

        Am I saying we don't have a bias? Of course not. All forums tend to have a bias. But I've been impressed by the maturity a lot of members display here. Which is why I come back. Example: I've seen pro-Shiv guys get positive rep because they acted decent rather than informing us of how dumb we all are.

        P.S. just referred a guy to BenzBoost. You're welcome Sticky.
      1. mithiral67's Avatar
        mithiral67 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
        Damnit BEAR you caused the thread to close Click here to enlarge
        Ha, ya. Shiv posted something then it was deleted.
      1. BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
        BEAR-AvHistory -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
        Damnit BEAR you caused the thread to close Click here to enlarge
        Geez now I am going to accused of saving his business.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
        P.S. just referred a guy to BenzBoost. You're welcome Sticky.
        Click here to enlarge
      1. BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
        BEAR-AvHistory -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
        Damnit BEAR you caused the thread to close Click here to enlarge
        In all seriousness he would do very well to hire someone to be the company front man on the internet; its clearly not one of his strong points.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
        In all seriousness he would do very well to hire someone to be the company front man on the internet; its clearly not one of his strong points.
        The Vishnu version of Roman for ESS. You would expect in today's internet driven society (especially with the forums/Facebook/Twitter/YouTube videos), every major vendor would have someone to exclusively to focus on social media & product awareness/marketing
      1. V8Bait's Avatar
        V8Bait -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
        Can we start calling the N54 the two jay-z yet? Lol
        Can we call it the Chris Brown instead? If you know what I mean
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
        again... who cares what "supporting" mods are suggested. Use common sense. You're buying a turbo kit. You can drive the car with stock suspension just fine, but if you want to maximize the potential you upgrade the suspension. Same goes for a lightly modified or even a stock car. I had coilovers on my car before pretty much anything else. You are only complaining about this non-issue because it's Shiv. On any other platform this kind of $#@! is just assumed.

        do you need disclaimers about other common sense items in your life... or do you get by just fine?
        The curious thing, at least on 6AT, the stock sport suspension actually squats better at the drag strip / highway than an upgraded one. Around the corners its a sloppy whore. soft suspension ftw.
      1. xbox_fan's Avatar
        xbox_fan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        The Vishnu version of Roman for ESS. You would expect in today's internet driven society (especially with the forums/Facebook/Twitter/YouTube videos), every major vendor would have someone to exclusively to focus on social media & product awareness/marketing
        You mean like the HPF babe Click here to enlarge she sure is prettier than Shiv (or any tuner I've seen)
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
        The curious thing, at least on 6AT, the stock sport suspension actually squats better at the drag strip / highway than an upgraded one. Around the corners its a sloppy whore. soft suspension ftw.
        good coilovers with the dampers set to minimum are pretty sloppy too lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
        In all seriousness he would do very well to hire someone to be the company front man on the internet; its clearly not one of his strong points.
        I love Shiv. What I love most is how I curb his power every single day.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        The Vishnu version of Roman for ESS. You would expect in today's internet driven society (especially with the forums/Facebook/Twitter/YouTube videos), every major vendor would have someone to exclusively to focus on social media & product awareness/marketing
        Let him talk, it's fodder. It helps so much.