Close

    • Vargas Stage III Turbo upgrade for 335/135 N54 motor hits 572 wheel horsepower on 91 octane pump gas (no meth injection) with Cobb flash

      Well here are some results for the Vargas Stage III upgrade that has caused the N54 forum section to basically be engaged in chaos for the past few months. From accusations of vaporware, to comparison to single turbo upgrades, to countless other arguments the day has come and the Stage III Vargas Turbo upgrade dyno'd on 91 octane with no meth 572 horsepower to the rear wheels. This is with a Cobb flash tuned by BimmerBoost vendor Pro-Tuning Freaks.


      Impressive? Yep, sure is and this seems to also be a 91 octane pump gas only world record for the N54. Now keep in mind this is just the beginning. What will it do with meth? What will do on E85? What will it do with race gas and big boost? What about different turbos? Sky appears to be the limit but for now this kind of performance on pump gas sure is a big boost (hah, get it?) to the N54 scene.

      Congratulations to all involved, Vargas Turbo Tech, Pro-Tuning Freaks, Cobb, and just the N54 community as well. The impossible just became possible. Pictures, video, and dynograph below.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: 572WHP 537WTQ - ACN 91 Octane, no meth - VTT Stage 3 Early Dynos PTF / COBB Protune started by VargasTurboTech View original post
      Comments 575 Comments
      1. Turkeybaster115's Avatar
        Turkeybaster115 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        I am in the car, that's Mike the dyno owner with the ear protection on. Dzenno is stuck up there in Canada Eh... He was with us in What's app spirit.
        SICK! I don't need baseline numbers, I need basepricing for all 3 stages! Click here to enlarge
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        We had our orginal Stage 1 beta on that dyno before his car burned up. I think he did 391 WHP / 435TQ if I am not mistaken. 91 + Meth, but we only got like 1 run and the meth stopped working which is why numbers were never posted. We didn't finish
        391 / 435 sounds slightly below what an FBO 91 + Meth car should be putting down (prob a nice ~25 WHP deduction), so the dyno is probably on target while being just a little conservative (which I'd rather have then promising HP that isn't actually there).

        The WOT tuning sounds like it's going flawless since not a single CEL or fault code was thrown. Def cannot wait to see some drivability videos that show when the boost comes on & how quickly the power can ramp up when you put your foot down Click here to enlarge


        NOW if I only had an MT N54 that could put up with these numbers Click here to enlarge
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        i'm pretty sure that qualifies as the TT WHP WR?

        about when did boost come on, and did it hold strong al the way to redline or did it start to taper? it's hard to tell with that graph lol.


        GREAT WORK!! can't wait to see higher octane runs and ridiculous numbers Click here to enlarge
        Yup you are correct. I forgot my tuner holds the torque record...Click here to enlargeBoost is held completely flat to redline, it holds well and pulls strong. On the dyno with no load its a little lazy but on the street full load. We are seeing full boost right around 4000 RPM starting at 2 grand in 3rd. This is right in line with the ST 62, except you have to keep in mind the singles flow rating is about 650-700 HP. These GTX's are rated at 425 each. So close to same spool, 150-200 HP more airflow.
      1. sahyoun's Avatar
        sahyoun -
        The sound in the video doesnt do the sound justice this thing sounded simply phenomenal. What a beast. Awesome work tony
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Mother of God.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        OP of baseline just corrected me. The 391 / 435 was his baseline with stock turbos 91 + meth. We did this before we put the stage 1's on and never got a chance.
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Holy $#@! look at that powerband. Awesome job
      1. amclint's Avatar
        amclint -
        Great job Tony, can't wait to see some numbers on E85 or with meth.
      1. XLG1@HBE's Avatar
        XLG1@HBE -
        Do you think I can run the stage 3 setup with my auto n54 or would the trans not hold up?
      1. V8Bait's Avatar
        V8Bait -
        Thanks for dialing down the power to preserve the dyno this time! Click here to enlarge

        Now I can sleep at night once more. Thanks for posting these Tony and good work!
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Yup you are correct. I forgot my tuner holds the torque record...Click here to enlargeBoost is held completely flat to redline, it holds well and pulls strong. On the dyno with no load its a little lazy but on the street full load. We are seeing full boost right around 4000 RPM starting at 2 grand in 3rd. This is right in line with the ST 62, except you have to keep in mind the singles flow rating is about 650-700 HP. These GTX's are rated at 425 each. So close to same spool, 150-200 HP more airflow.
        exactly what i wanted to hear Click here to enlarge

        same driveability and more potential, what more could you want? haah - full boost at 4k, when does boost start? 2500ish? - and if response is about the same, that's not a tragedy either! Click here to enlarge
      1. 654's Avatar
        654 -
        Well done guys. The figures are right there where they should be. GTX2863R that I suggested is the twin upgrade to go for max twin whp. It will be >800 whp with e85+meth. The flights are booked so we should see that quickly enough Click here to enlarge Good to see the spool & power as expected.
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
        Well done guys. The figures are right there where they should be. GTX2863R that I suggested is the twin upgrade to go for max twin whp. It will be >800 whp with e85+meth. The flights are booked so we should see that quickly enough Click here to enlarge Good to see the spool & power as expected.
        i'd say the HPFP will limit on E85 a bit before 800whp? ... will be nice to see either way though Click here to enlarge
      1. WDBi's Avatar
        WDBi -
        boost?
      1. jzeee037's Avatar
        jzeee037 -
        When can we expect pricing? Great #'s Can I trade up from stage 2's Tony? I'm already on the stage 2 list
      1. Markyd83's Avatar
        Markyd83 -
        Damn. That's impressive for the first go around
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
        When can we expect pricing? Great #'s Can I trade up from stage 2's Tony? I'm already on the stage 2 list
        He said monday for pricing! Click here to enlarge
      1. 654's Avatar
        654 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        i'd say the HPFP will limit on E85 a bit before 800whp? ... will be nice to see either way though Click here to enlarge
        Correct. I'm hoping they'd got it worked around. Race gas and a lot of meth would be the plan B to get there.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        exactly what i wanted to hear Click here to enlarge

        same driveability and more potential, what more could you want? haah - full boost at 4k, when does boost start? 2500ish? - and if response is about the same, that's not a tragedy either! Click here to enlarge
        Boost starts to ramp about 2500, just grabbed a random log from last night. 5 psi 2800, 10 psi 3300,15 psi 3750, 20 psi 4050. From there the car is pretty much an animal on the street. Dzenno thinks it actually has more in it in way of spool. We worked on it a little bit, but not much as we were working out kinks in boost control and just working on getting good repeatable power. I am sure we can get it down a touch more with some tweaking.
      1. vereak82's Avatar
        vereak82 -
        Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the N54 community.. I will have a set of VTT stage 3's this summer so just hurry up and take my money!