• Burger Tuning (BMS) N20 F30 328i JB4 Stage 2 Dyno Testing on E85 cracks 300 wheel horsepower - New World Record, dynojet graph.

      Hey guys, We've been working on the JB4 for the N20 motor (Stage2) for the last few weeks and have made some solid progress. Enough so that we finally decided to hit the dyno up to quantify things a bit. The results were very impressive. For JB4 development we've removed the ER downpipe so its now fully stock right down to the factory paper air filter. Only mod is the JB4 and a 50% mixture of E85 fuel and 91 octane (e.g. approx E40 fuel).


      Results: A new N20 2.0l world dyno record: 300+whp and 350+wtq!!! We did a run before we started on the factory tuning (only with E85 fuel) and hit 237whp. So gains were as high as +70whp (~90 crank hp) in areas under the curve.

      A few comments:

      1) We're not ready to release all of the tuning details but I will say peak boost was around 23psi (compared to 17psi factory), and in areas under the curve we were making as much as 10psi more than the factory.

      2) As expected the platform LOVES E85 fuel. Performance on 91 or 93 octane fuel will be substantially lower but will be stronger than Stage1 power levels. In the coming weeks we'll be posting dynos and additional data on 91 and 93 octane.

      3) During testing we opened up the airbox to simulate a high flow intake and determine the potential for intake power gains. In doing so we found exactly zero horsepower gained even at these high boost levels. The factory airbox is simply not a restriction at 300rwp. For this reason we suggest you use only the factory airbox with the N20 platform. Companies claiming gains with intakes on this platform are fooling themselves and/or you.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: N20 328i JB4 Dyno Testing -- New World Record. :) started by Terry@BMS View original post
      Comments 91 Comments
      1. Mehana's Avatar
        Mehana -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rustyminded Click here to enlarge
        Believe me when I say it's a big deal here so ya I do and I'm pretty sure I got the second crown owning the first Lease car in Egypt in 330i, X3 since 2009 under supervision of Mr. Waleed Isaa and no I don't get knocks, not all 92 are good and besides I do the service my self & I get into details so I barely notice anything.. what was your best 0-100 ? I used my gps and I got 4.8 Click here to enlarge but now I almost need new tires Click here to enlarge.. I already use computer on board to check on (air temp, speed revs etc. except the boost)... welcome to Egyptian F30 club
        Cong. you are bimmer mindedClick here to enlarge, I tested the first demo car on July at desert road show room. Its so difficult to find some one who is so into tech stuff about cars, where do u work? I didnt measure it yet but i think its in low 5 sec.
        It seems u are always on sport+ mode drifting! how many milage?
        I have my own workshop in my garage and do every thing my self. I installed protective film on front bumper and bonnet, you know our great roadsClick here to enlarge sand blasting every thing.
        Its mineral grey, black inside
        I am waiting for my usb cable from BMS they forget to send itClick here to enlarge
      1. rustyminded's Avatar
        rustyminded -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mehana Click here to enlarge
        Cong. you are bimmer mindedClick here to enlarge, I tested the first demo car on July at desert road show room. Its so difficult to find some one who is so into tech stuff about cars, where do u work? I didnt measure it yet but i think its in low 5 sec.
        It seems u are always on sport+ mode drifting! how many milage?
        I have my own workshop in my garage and do every thing my self. I installed protective film on front bumper and bonnet, you know our great roadsClick here to enlarge sand blasting every thing.
        Its mineral grey, black inside
        I am waiting for my usb cable from BMS they forget to send itClick here to enlarge
        welcome to the dark zone mine is black in black..we should make our own tuned F30 club, currently I'm student in the British university but I seek knowledge in cars and I do my own work, you can say I use the car in all modes.. I respect and breathe the engine when it needs, very good Idea for the film protective (rabena y7roshalak).. my car now is around 18 K kilometers.. Idk about the USB but when I ordered mine it was in beta phase so it came with it and believe me it makes HUGE difference I thought it's just for reading. I think we should meet maybe a race too Click here to enlarge
      1. Mehana's Avatar
        Mehana -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rustyminded Click here to enlarge
        welcome to the dark zone mine is black in black..we should make our own tuned F30 club, currently I'm student in the British university but I seek knowledge in cars and I do my own work, you can say I use the car in all modes.. I respect and breathe the engine when it needs, very good Idea for the film protective (rabena y7roshalak).. my car now is around 18 K kilometers.. Idk about the USB but when I ordered mine it was in beta phase so it came with it and believe me it makes HUGE difference I thought it's just for reading. I think we should meet maybe a race too Click here to enlarge
        Sure we must make Egypt F30 clubClick here to enlarge. I work in 6 october we can meet some day.
        What about the tune when u take your car to the dealer do u take it off or they don't recognize it? I am afraid of warranty. Tell me about first service.
        I installed this gauge and reads and delete error codes.
        12000km.file://localhost/Users/macbookpro/Downloads/p3cars-gauge-f30-bmw.JPG
      1. Mehana's Avatar
        Mehana -
        Attachment 29517
        gauge
      1. rustyminded's Avatar
        rustyminded -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mehana Click here to enlarge
        Sure we must make Egypt F30 clubClick here to enlarge. I work in 6 october we can meet some day.
        What about the tune when u take your car to the dealer do u take it off or they don't recognize it? I am afraid of warranty. Tell me about first service.
        I installed this gauge and reads and delete error codes.
        12000km.file://localhost/Users/macbookpro/Downloads/p3cars-gauge-f30-bmw.JPG
        No It's undetectable but you have to be aware someone might mess up with the cables while the battery connected the module might be screwed that's why I told the engineer he was astonished and I asked him if I should take it off but he said it's ok and besides we are owners since 99 so it won't make a problem, it will be if it's detected through computer check up ..defiantly we should talk I think we have a lot to discuss pm me your phone. I'm Moataz Click here to enlarge
      1. rustyminded's Avatar
        rustyminded -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mehana Click here to enlarge
        It says invalid attachment Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rustyminded Click here to enlarge
        It says invalid attachment Click here to enlarge
        Ya don't think he uploaded correctly...
      1. rustyminded's Avatar
        rustyminded -
        Which is more convenient dp good for another 15 hp or stage 2 about 15 hp too, dp with good fuel and 1-2 psi more should reach more than what s2 not with ethanol of course, Terry claimed on another forum about 270 whp with 91 in s2.. so i'm a bit confused
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        The gains with an intake entirely depend on the car. The F30 335 will benefit, the F30 328 will not.
      1. tommyhalifa's Avatar
        tommyhalifa -
        Terry,

        Is the development for the N20, JB$ out for sale....???

        tommy
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        @Terry@BMS