Close

    • Deflating an F10 M5 owner's ego - Weistec Stage III superchargerd C63 AMG Black Series smacks down an F10 M5

      This is a pretty telling video. Warning, it gets ugly for the M5. So if you are an F10 M5 owner perhaps you should just go on M5board instead and have Gustav pat you on your back and tell you that you have the fastest sedan in the world and that everything will be fine. It's amazing how lopsided this race is considering the F10 M5 dynos in the low 500 wheel horsepower range stock but that does not help mask its simply big fat 4300+ pound butt.

      The C63 AMG Black Series has the Weistec Stage III 3.0 liter blower with 11 psi of boost producing somewhere in the 650 wheel horsepower range. The F10 M5 is stock and well, that shows. Maybe stock M5's are faster in Sweden? Enjoy the video.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Anal Raping Of An F10:M5 By A Weistec C 63 Black Series WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT started by JRCART View original post
      Comments 426 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
        The M5 owner flaunting pinks is definitely pretty dumb. He talked $#@!, got spanked. Thats how I see it. At the same time, that should really have been the focus of the thread, rather than positioning this as M5's suck as there is seemingly a little bit of animosity against BMW egos, which there likely is enough of. But at the same time its like fire against fire as it just goes back and forth. Regardless, the BS is a beast.
        Honestly, the F10 M5's just were not that impressive. I mean Gustav tried to portray a stock F10 M5 as even with a tuned C6 Z06. GTFO of here with that crap.
      1. CubanJJ09's Avatar
        CubanJJ09 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth Click here to enlarge
        tough dig, not sure if I'll recover. Click here to enlarge
        lol
      1. seth's Avatar
        seth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
        But what is slang, other than an audition for a word or its usage to be incorporated into the vernacular? If you deconstruct it all the way, the function of a language is to express an idea to another person in a way that they can comprehend and digest it. What is the true litmus test of language, whether it adheres to formal convention or whether the recipient understood the content of the message correctly?

        Angels dancing on the head of a pin...
        Yeah I get what you are saying... however.

        Defining slang by using it's reversed definition might be something we do in this culture as of the last half decade (for example the adjective Bad being used as something actually being Good) but was not something done in the mid 1700's in Great Britain - which is speculation as I was not there but education in that time period of literature will be my leg to stand on in this case. The original definition is clear and the latter slang definition where we now hear the common phrase is the issue so in this case it's like calling an apple an orange and since everyone starts doing it, society accepts it. That doesn't mean an apple is an orange or that you are correct in calling it one, but rather that society is willing to accept an altered incorrect definition. The issue here arises when you try to cite the original definition. When I want an actual orange, how do I ensure I get one instead of an orange (apple)? We have words and definitions for a reason and our language has over 250,000 of them so that we may be specific enough to communicate exactly what we are trying to express. So how do I know when someone wants their point to be moot (open to debate) or moot (useless to debate)?
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Sticky, nearly 4200 views in two days, is that a new record? Do I get a prize? At dinner the other night in Bakersfield you said you wanted more site traffic....
      1. Inconspicuous's Avatar
        Inconspicuous -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth Click here to enlarge
        Yeah I get what you are saying... however.

        Defining slang by using it's reversed definition might be something we do in this culture as of the last half decade (for example the adjective Bad being used as something actually being Good) but was not something done in the mid 1700's in Great Britain - which is speculation as I was not there but education in that time period of literature will be my leg to stand on in this case. The original definition is clear and the latter slang definition where we now hear the common phrase is the issue so in this case it's like calling an apple an orange and since everyone starts doing it, society accepts it. That doesn't mean an apple is an orange or that you are correct in calling it one, but rather that society is willing to accept an altered incorrect definition. The issue here arises when you try to cite the original definition. When I want an actual orange, how do I ensure I get one instead of an orange (apple)? We have words and definitions for a reason and our language has over 250,000 of them so that we may be specific enough to communicate exactly what we are trying to express. So how do I know when someone wants their point to be moot (open to debate) or moot (useless to debate)?
        My DeLorean is on the fritz, so I can't confirm either, but I'd be willing to bet slang and nonstandard idiom have been persistent features in any language at any point in time. To confine your data points to surviving literary texts would result in fairly severe selection bias.

        I think the hypothetical conflict you bring up is a strawman of sorts, because nobody is calling an orange an apple. I still believe the most relevant metric is whether you were able to correctly understand the speaker. When the term "moot" was used in this particular context, most who read it understood it to mean irrelevant and predetermined, so the usage was successful in its intent. When someone uses "bad" to mean "good," there is typically enough context to decipher what they meant to express.

        And whether everybody else tells us they could or could NOT care less about this debate, there would be little ambiguity as to their stance.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
        My DeLorean is on the fritz, so I can't confirm either
        LMAO....is it on the fritz or are you just out of plutonium? That $#@! is getting harder and harder to come by, damn department of homeland security is craking down on plutonium dealers.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, nearly 4200 views in two days, is that a new record? Do I get a prize? At dinner the other night in Bakersfield you said you wanted more site traffic....
        Is it a record? No

        Do you get a prize? You get to post here, that's quiet a gift in of itself.

        I ALWAYS want more traffic. Always. This is a good way to generate it so of course you have my gratitude.
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Honestly, the F10 M5's just were not that impressive. I mean Gustav tried to portray a stock F10 M5 as even with a tuned C6 Z06. GTFO of here with that crap.
        If it wasn't such a heavy pig I think we'd all agree our perspective on the platform would be much more positive.
      1. Inconspicuous's Avatar
        Inconspicuous -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        LMAO....is it on the fritz or are you just out of plutonium? That $#@! is getting harder and harder to come by, damn department of homeland security is craking down on plutonium dealers.
        Nah, in the future, plutonium is available in every corner drugstore. But I fried the wiring harness on my flux capacitor and haven't been able to make a run.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
        If it wasn't such a heavy pig I think we'd all agree our perspective on the platform would be much more positive.
        True but it's already underrated and has a dual clutch trans. I mean, the damn thing is quick don't get me wrong but it just... it just doesn't do it anymore. They turned the M5 into a straightline car.

        It would be a better vehicle with 50/50 balance, 350 pounds less weight, and just a naturally aspirated motor with less power. Hell, a 5.5 liter S85 call it a day.
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        True but it's already underrated and has a dual clutch trans. I mean, the damn thing is quick don't get me wrong but it just... it just doesn't do it anymore. They turned the M5 into a straightline car.

        It would be a better vehicle with 50/50 balance, 350 pounds less weight, and just a naturally aspirated motor with less power. Hell, a 5.5 liter S85 call it a day.
        What makes this thing such a heavy boat anyway? All the luxury crap?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
        What makes this thing such a heavy boat anyway? All the luxury crap?
        Cheap steel frame versus aluminum. $$$$ for BMW.
      1. CubanJJ09's Avatar
        CubanJJ09 -
        So we get apples and oranges since this thread was viewed number one?
      1. Inconspicuous's Avatar
        Inconspicuous -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        True but it's already underrated and has a dual clutch trans. I mean, the damn thing is quick don't get me wrong but it just... it just doesn't do it anymore. They turned the M5 into a straightline car.

        It would be a better vehicle with 50/50 balance, 350 pounds less weight, and just a naturally aspirated motor with less power. Hell, a 5.5 liter S85 call it a day.
        Wouldn't it be great if cars were like sneakers, and you could get a factory perfect replica of your favorite classic models? I'm not sure I would buy Nikes at all if I couldn't get a brand new example of a shoe designed in the mid-80s. So why not a reissue of the E30 M3, E39 M5, W202 C55, R129 SL73, etc.?

        No need to point out the litany of reasons this will never happen, a guy can dream right? In a perfect world...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
        Wouldn't it be great if cars were like sneakers, and you could get a factory perfect replica of your favorite classic models?
        I said this earlier. They should periodically have library releases. BMW should buy something like 30 E30 M3's and factory restore them with modern parts and put in some of the more modern M motors then re-release. People would EAT THAT UP.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
        No need to point out the litany of reasons this will never happen, a guy can dream right? In a perfect world...
        They would rather sell you an F30 320i.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Attachment 27462
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
        Nah, in the future, plutonium is available in every corner drugstore. But I fried the wiring harness on my flux capacitor and haven't been able to make a run.
        I feel your pain brother.
      1. seth's Avatar
        seth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Inconspicuous Click here to enlarge
        My DeLorean is on the fritz, so I can't confirm either, but I'd be willing to bet slang and nonstandard idiom have been persistent features in any language at any point in time. To confine your data points to surviving literary texts would result in fairly severe selection bias.

        I think the hypothetical conflict you bring up is a strawman of sorts, because nobody is calling an orange an apple. I still believe the most relevant metric is whether you were able to correctly understand the speaker. When the term "moot" was used in this particular context, most who read it understood it to mean irrelevant and predetermined, so the usage was successful in its intent. When someone uses "bad" to mean "good," there is typically enough context to decipher what they meant to express.

        And whether everybody else tells us they could or could NOT care less about this debate, there would be little ambiguity as to their stance.
        Well being hypothetical has some strawman principles in nature but that makes them no less valid for the sake of this debate.

        And why do people not call apples, oranges? Because it's an incorrect description of what you are talking about. If moot was used in one way and if people started using it as the opposite, whether mistakenly or just from being uneducated to its meaning, it doesn't mean that at some point people weren't wrong in it's usage. If at one point they were incorrect, then why now is it accepted? Because people are misinformed, don't know where the word came from and don't bother to find or nor care.

        Does this mean the Crossfire guys who all badge their cars as AMG's will one day be accepted as that too now?
      1. Inconspicuous's Avatar
        Inconspicuous -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I said this earlier. They should periodically have library releases. BMW should buy something like 30 E30 M3's and factory restore them with modern parts and put in some of the more modern M motors then re-release. People would EAT THAT UP.
        I certainly wasn't under the illusion that I invented the idea, but I am in full agreement. A small but loyal subset of the population would indeed be enthralled by the concept. Whether or not BMW would be better off financially in the short or long term as a result is, well, moot. (Yeah, I went there.)
      1. Inconspicuous's Avatar
        Inconspicuous -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They would rather sell you an F30 320i.
        Which is the logical conclusion of the same capitalistic motivations that brought us all those beloved classics in the first place. You win some, you lose some.