Close

    • 991 GT3 details leaked + photos - 9000 RPM redline, GT1/Metzger replaced, 3.8 liter, PDK, ~450 horsepower

      So more 991 GT3 info is getting out and this time courtesy of a Rennlist member we have some photographic evidence to go along with it. Let's start with the most noticeable which is the 9000 rpm redline. PorscheBoost can not think of a production six cylinder motor for a street car with a higher redline. The last time 9000 rpm was seen in something without a prancing horse and 1/4 million dollar price tag happened to be the Honda S2000 which did it with a much smaller 2.0 liter four-cylinder motor and Honda actually ended up reducing the redline. This motor is going to have insane top end pull.


      And that brings us to the fact that the GT1/Metzger block is being retired and this is a new motor. This motor will be the basis for the new race cars and does not feature direct injection (thankfully!). 3.8 liters of displacement and around 450 horsepower just as reported from dealer leaks a couple weeks ago.

      The ring time will be in the 7:30 range with 7:34 reported previously as per dealer information. Center locking wheels are standard in sizes of 245/20 up front and 305/20 in the back with Dunlop Sport Maxx tires.

      PDK is standard, no surprise there and a great move for the performance enthusiast. Porsche stability control programs (which of course can be turned off) are standard.

      The 997 GT3 is routinely praised as the epitome of the 911 evolution and arguably the best 911 ever made. It seems Porsche has managed to raise the bar with the 991 GT3. With these specs, this will simply be the closest thing to an actual cup car for the road money can buy. Porsche has done it again. There is no substitute.










      This article was originally published in forum thread: New 991 GT3 info started by BlackJetE90OC View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Imagine the RS people... or if they make a 4.0
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
        Imagine the RS people... or if they make a 4.0
        The RS probably will be a 4.0. Probably over 500 hp... with PDK. Going to flat out rip.
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        This thing may come with a divorce for me. Do we know if its EPS or still hydraulic?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
        This thing may come with a divorce for me.
        According to those specs it likely is worth it.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        But what about the Turbo/Turbo S/GT2?!?!? The GT3 is a street track toy, but the Turbo'd 911 is always the HP sled
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        But what about the Turbo/Turbo S/GT2?!?!? The GT3 is a street track toy, but the Turbo'd 911 is always the HP sled
        Details on that will come later. Seems the GT3 will make its debut in Geneva and then the Turbo will be Frankfurt.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Waiting for the GT3 RS - if it's above 500hp I'll be getting one.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        So this thing can't be ordered with a MT any longer? Is it ONLY PDK?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        So this thing can't be ordered with a MT any longer? Is it ONLY PDK?
        So far only PDK has been shown.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        It would be a heartbreaker for those hardcore MT GT3 owners out there, if it is only offered with a PDK. After all, this car is supposed to be as raw as possible while being street drivable. With that said, I hope they keep the MT, Porsche MT's are some of the best, and they just came up with that 7spd MT. I realize the PDK is mighty fast, but some people just have to have a MT. It would be amazing to row thru gears with that engine.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        It would be a heartbreaker for those hardcore MT GT3 owners out there, if it is only offered with a PDK. After all, this car is supposed to be as raw as possible while being street drivable. With that said, I hope they keep the MT, Porsche MT's are some of the best, and they just came up with that 7spd MT. I realize the PDK is mighty fast, but some people just have to have a MT. It would be amazing to row thru gears with that engine.
        It pretty much comes down to it being a business decision: http://porscheboost.com/content.php?...or-the-991-GT3
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Ahhh!! The bottom line always comes first.