Close

    • Rematch: Bolt on E60 M5 with Evolve Stage 2 S85 V10 tune versus bolt on Mustang 5.0 from a roll

      Great runs here from two bolt on modified naturally aspirated cars. The E60 M5 obviously featuring a 5.0 liter V10 S85 engine and the 5.0 Mustang with as the name would suggest a 5.0 liter (Coyote) V8. As stated in the title this is a rematch and the modifications for the M5 have changed. Let's start with a look at how the cars stacked up before the newest round of modifications which is to say quite evenly matched.


      M5: Evolve-R Tune, RPi Scoops (My old motor).
      5.0: Intake, Tune, OR H-Pipe, Resonator Delete, GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 3.31 Gears.






      Since then the M5 received a Stage II Evolve-R tune and a secondary cat delete:

      M5: Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, RPi Scoops, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete.
      5.0: Intake, Tune, OR H-Pipe, Resonator Delete, GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 3.31 Gears.


      It looked like the Mustang had an advantage from the low speed 20 mph roll but once the M5 stretched its legs in the 50 on MPH rolls it walked away from the Mustang. Definitely a strong top end on the S85.

      Thanks to BimmerBoost member @TZ04XJR for the videos.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: E60 M5 vs 2012 Mustang 5.0 started by TZ04XJR View original post
      Comments 17 Comments
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        Nice improvement for the E60
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        What a difference!! Nice runs man.
      1. disruptv's Avatar
        disruptv -
        great runs man! Glad to see you are back at it and the car is running and sounding better than ever!
      1. AWD75's Avatar
        AWD75 -
        Very nice runs! Click here to enlarge M5 pulling hard (especially from roll) fo-sho. Also are there any big difference between stage 1 evolve tune & stage 2 version?

        On a side note, do you wanna run w/my new mustang?Click here to enlarge

      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
        Very nice runs! Click here to enlarge M5 pulling hard (especially from roll) fo-sho. Also are there any big difference between stage 1 evolve tune & stage 2 version?

        On a side note, do you wanna run w/my new mustang?Click here to enlarge

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2FsM-yMmC8
        Thanks! I'm honestly not sure about the difference in the stage 1 and 2 tunes. I just know the recent files I've received from Sal say stage 2. Click here to enlarge

        Lol.. I saw your video on youtube just a bit ago. What a beast! I'm planning on taking the M up to Dallas soon to run a modded 09' SL63 AMG. I was going to hit you up.. I'll run your Shelby Click here to enlarge Did you keep the Camaro?

        Me and a friend are in his garage finishing up his 03' Cobra for TX2k. You bringing the GT500 down in March? You can play with this Click here to enlarge

        Attachment 25951
      1. AWD75's Avatar
        AWD75 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
        Thanks! I'm honestly not sure about the difference in the stage 1 and 2 tunes. I just know the recent files I've received from Sal say stage 2. Click here to enlarge

        Lol.. I saw your video on youtube just a bit ago. What a beast! I'm planning on taking the M up to Dallas soon to run a modded 09' SL63 AMG. I was going to hit you up.. I'll run your Shelby Click here to enlarge Did you keep the Camaro?

        Me and a friend are in his garage finishing up his 03' Cobra for TX2k. You bringing the GT500 down in March? You can play with this Click here to enlarge

        Attachment 25951
        Oh,OK. Did you dyno it after getting the new tune?

        Glad you liked the vid. Got her from the dealer 2 weeks ago. Which SL63 are you going to run with?Any specs?Let me know when you are here.

        Yes I still have my 'maro and yes I will be bringing the gt500 to TX2K.

        That mustang looks like its out of my league but I will give it a try Click here to enlarge
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
        Oh,OK. Did you dyno it after getting the new tune?

        Glad you liked the vid. Got her from the dealer 2 weeks ago. Which SL63 are you going to run with?Any specs?Let me know when you are here.

        Yes I still have my 'maro and yes I will be bringing the gt500 to TX2K.

        That mustang looks like its out of my league but I will give it a try Click here to enlarge
        Thats the spirit Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Great runs here from two bolt on modified naturally aspirated cars. The E60 M5 obviously featuring a 5.0 liter V10 S85 engine and the 5.0 Mustang with as the name would suggest a 5.0 liter (Coyote) V8. As stated in the title this is a rematch and the modifications for the M5 have changed. Let's start with a look at how the cars stacked up before the newest round of modifications which is to say quite evenly matched.

        Click here to enlarge

        M5: Evolve-R Tune, RPi Scoops (My old motor).
        5.0: Intake, Tune, OR H-Pipe, Resonator Delete, GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 3.31 Gears.






        Since then the M5 received a Stage II Evolve-R tune and a secondary cat delete:

        M5: Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, RPi Scoops, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete.
        5.0: Intake, Tune, OR H-Pipe, Resonator Delete, GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, 3.31 Gears.


        It looked like the Mustang had an advantage from the low speed 20 mph roll but once the M5 stretched its legs in the 50 on MPH rolls it walked away from the Mustang. Definitely a strong top end on the S85.

        Thanks to BimmerBoost member @TZ04XJR for the videos.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Man, your car is MOVING now. Any 1/4 or 60-130 times?
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        @
        TZ04XJR - what RPM are you shifting at in these videos? I am just curious - it sounds like quick/short - but is hard to tell. Nice runs BTW
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        Man, your car is MOVING now. Any 1/4 or 60-130 times?
        No 1/4 yet with my new motor.. I have yet to ever do a 60-130 but plan on it soon as a friend has a V-Box. I'm hoping for mid 9's 60-130.



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
        @
        TZ04XJR - what RPM are you shifting at in these videos? I am just curious - it sounds like quick/short - but is hard to tell. Nice runs BTW
        Thanks! I shift at 8300 rpm
      1. johnnyblaze's Avatar
        johnnyblaze -
        Nice runs, you can definitely see the difference in your new setup. I love how those V10's come on strong at freeway speeds.
      1. lughed's Avatar
        lughed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
        You bringing the GT500 down in March? You can play with this Click here to enlarge

        Attachment 25951
        OHHH $#@!!
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
        Oh,OK. Did you dyno it after getting the new tune?

        Glad you liked the vid. Got her from the dealer 2 weeks ago. Which SL63 are you going to run with?Any specs?Let me know when you are here.

        Yes I still have my 'maro and yes I will be bringing the gt500 to TX2K.

        That mustang looks like its out of my league but I will give it a try Click here to enlarge
        No dyno after the new tune.. Runs with the SL are on hold due to more issues I'm having with the M. It's a Renntech R2 package SL63. Some guy my cousin grew up with..

        I'm still heading out to TX2k though.. We for sure have to link up.

        Oh and we did the first dyno last night on that TT Cobra.. Just the initial pulls to setup the ProEFI. Plenty left in it Click here to enlarge

      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
        No dyno after the new tune.. Runs with the SL are on hold due to more issues I'm having with the M. It's a Renntech R2 package SL63. Some guy my cousin grew up with..

        I'm still heading out to TX2k though.. We for sure have to link up.

        Oh and we did the first dyno last night on that TT Cobra.. Just the initial pulls to setup the ProEFI. Plenty left in it Click here to enlarge

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1jZRVWo9pA
        Holy Mother of Jesus.
      1. AWD75's Avatar
        AWD75 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
        No dyno after the new tune.. Runs with the SL are on hold due to more issues I'm having with the M. It's a Renntech R2 package SL63. Some guy my cousin grew up with..

        I'm still heading out to TX2k though.. We for sure have to link up.

        Oh and we did the first dyno last night on that TT Cobra.. Just the initial pulls to setup the ProEFI. Plenty left in it Click here to enlarge

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1jZRVWo9pA

        Well, thats a bummer.I hope you get it fixed.

        Ill send a PM to you my cell# so that it will be easier to communicate in tx2k.

        That terminator is just TITS. Click here to enlarge Love the color, love the HRE's and most importantly love the power. What a beast! Was it on c16 during the dyno pull? Also who built and tuned the car?
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
        Well, thats a bummer.I hope you get it fixed.

        Ill send a PM to you my cell# so that it will be easier to communicate in tx2k.

        That terminator is just TITS. Click here to enlarge Love the color, love the HRE's and most importantly love the power. What a beast! Was it on c16 during the dyno pull? Also who built and tuned the car?

        I appreciate it bro, It is what it is though. I'll get through it and move on.

        Sounds good, shoot me a PM.

        It was on E85. My buddy that owns the car put it together himself. The turbo kit was built by a gentleman that does a lot of custom fabrication for quite a few shops down here. My friend just went to him direct.

        It's on ProEFI installed by my friend except for some of the wiring. Jorge at JMS Racing San Antonio is doing the tuning. Plenty left in it as we finally got it started last night after a 6 month build process. Jorge just wants to play it safe as he increases power.

        -TZ