Close

    • - No Fly Zone - California private airstrip roll on race event March 2nd, 2013 presented by the GermanBoost.com German Performance Car Forum Network

      The GermanBoost Network is pleased to announce - No Fly Zone - a private airport roll on race event taking place on March 2nd, 2013 just outside of Bakersfield, California. This will take place on the Minter Airstrip located at 201 Aviation Street in Shafter, California. This event is limited to just 100 cars. GermanBoost.com is the official German automotive forum sponsor for the event and will be providing media coverage as well as photo/video editing and hosting services and support.


      - No Fly Zone - is an Omega Motorsport Event operated by Tony Lopez (e-mail thatoneguy3000@hotmail.com). All inquiries regarding participation are to be sent to his e-mail. GermanBoost of course will assist with any questions. Tony lives in Bakersfield, California and this is an event with many participants knowing one another and just a group of automotive enthusiasts. No pretentious nonsense, this is an event for car guys. Spectators are not allowed. Participants, sponsors, and pit crews only.

      Total run distance of the runway to be used for acceleration is 1/2 mile. Plenty of run off room for deceleration.

      Pictures of some of the hardware attending as well as the quality of the airstrip tarmac are below. You will be happy to know the quality of this tarmac is MUCH higher than that which was seen at a recent airstrip event in California which was in poor condition with an incredible amount of dust making for potentially dangerous conditions for high powered cars as seen here: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...-on-the-runway

      As previously mentioned, the cost is $200 per vehicle and there are 100 spots. Spots are filling up fast and here is some of the hardware already registered to attend:






















      BimmerBoost.com will also be providing T-Shirts for the staff and shirts will be available to purchase for those in attendance. One of these two designs will be chosen:








      Here are the further details on the event. Do not hesitate to post, e-mail, or PM with any questions:

      Saturday March 2nd 2013
      Minter Field
      201 Aviation Street Shafter, California
      $200 per vehicle

      Thank you for considering joining us for NO FLY ZONE, our very first airport roll race event!

      - Sign ups will handled exclusively through this email address. Payment will be handled either in person via cash, check or money order, or, as in most instances, via PayPal.

      PayPal payments will submitted to this same email address. Please be aware that there are TWO (2) different ways that PayPal lets you submit a payment. Either a PURCHASE, or as a GIFT. If submitting payment as a PURCHASE, please include $10 to cover the PayPal fees. A GIFT submission does not require any fees.

      - When submitting payment, please list YEAR, MAKE, MODEL and estimated CRANK HORSEPOWER, and a 3-digit CAR I.D number in the free text box of the PayPal submission.


      -The CAR I.D. number will be used as the identifying tag for your vehicle during registration and the event. .

      - A spot is not reserved or issued until payment is submitted. Once payment is submitted and cleared, the event forms will be emailed to you. Please print and fill these forms out and bring them with you to the event. Included are a Self-Tech form, and a participant Waiver of Liability form.

      - Each registered participant is allowed THREE (3) "pit crew members" to accompany them. The fee for these "pit crew members" will be $10 each. Each one will also have to print and fill out these forms, and bring them with them. Crew is asked to arrive along with the registered participant, even if in a seperate car or tow vehicle. This will help expedite the check in process, and ensure that only those that are expected to attend are there. This event is not open to the public, and we can not accommodate everyone that will want to come to watch. These not directly involved or accounted for in the above mentioned criteria, will NOT be allowed access to the event.

      - A couple days before the event, a final reminder email will be sent out that will include final instructions, general rules and a running count of the cars attending.

      As always, feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.

      Tony Lopez
      Omega Motorsport Events
      thatoneguy3000@hotmail.com

      This article was originally published in forum thread: - No Fly Zone - California private airstrip roll on race event March 2nd, 2013 presented by the GermanBoost.com Network started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 1048 Comments
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Heh no prob.



        Why not? I already stated that was only fair due to the wait. It will make for a great vid comparison plus I haven't been to Chicago. I want to try out the local restaurants and the local Polish women.



        10:1 $1k is fine with me.



        Um ok?
        BOTH CARS WILL BE OUT THERE UNTIL 3/23 LET'S DO THIS!!!!
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Money in the bank......Sticky is $#@!ing clueless. I might even feel bad about taking his money.........no I won't
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Money in the bank......Sticky is $#@!ing clueless. I might even feel bad about taking his money.........no I won't
        Even if I were to lose am I going to miss a thousand dollars? I'll be bringing almost that much worth of wine on Friday.

        Who cares? It's all in good fun.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        BOTH CARS WILL BE OUT THERE UNTIL 3/23 LET'S DO THIS!!!!
        You got it, I just can't guarantee a date you know that. I personally would prefer just to come out to Chicago and make an in depth video with no time constraints.
      1. Black Sheep's Avatar
        Black Sheep -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You got it, I just can't guarantee a date you know that. I personally would prefer just to come out to Chicago and make an in depth video with no time constraints.
        I like that idea Click here to enlarge Plenty of peeps out here that would be willing to make the video...
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You got it, I just can't guarantee a date you know that. I personally would prefer just to come out to Chicago and make an in depth video with no time constraints.
        It's a standing offer, if you haul the car to Chicago we Still have a deal.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        It's a standing offer, if you haul the car to Chicago we Still have a deal.
        Exactly as I figured. Deal.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Even if I were to lose am I going to miss a thousand dollars? I'll be bringing almost that much worth of wine on Friday.

        Who cares? It's all in good fun.
        Run over to Hertz at LAX and rent one of these for the event.....would Still be fun.

        http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/i...orvettezhz.jsp
      1. FlyingGuy's Avatar
        FlyingGuy -
        Padre will work. Since Sticky, you have a room there... You want to set that up. you said 7pm Friday night?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Run over to Hertz at LAX and rent one of these for the event.....would Still be fun.

        http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/i...orvettezhz.jsp
        Not a bad idea.

        Or maybe I can Weistec to SC my SL before the event? LOL
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge
        Padre will work. Since Sticky, you have a room there... You want to set that up. you said 7pm Friday night?
        Yep!

        Everyone aim for 7 PM at the Padre.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not a bad idea.

        Or maybe I can Weistec to SC my SL before the event? LOL
        You have an SL 63?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        You have an SL 63?
        No, no, it's a POS 500.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Run over to Hertz at LAX and rent one of these for the event.....would Still be fun.

        http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/i...orvettezhz.jsp
        $#@! that, check this place out down the hill from me. they have some great stuff

        http://www.bwrentacar.com/exotic-car-rental.html
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Would be pretty sick to show up in a 458...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        You know what? I'd f'ing do it too if I didn't blow so much money on women this month. $#@!ing Valentines day bull$#@!...
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        $#@! that, check this place out down the hill from me. they have some great stuff

        http://www.bwrentacar.com/exotic-car-rental.html
        Ya, but those type of places charge by the mile and charge up the wazoo for damages. With Hertz you get unlimited miles and you pay the extra $24 a day for insurance and you can bring it back wadded on the back of a flatbed or with the rubber burned off it.

        i have friends that have rented the Vettes from Hertz and done road course track days with them LOL
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Ya, bu those type of places charge by the mile and charge up the wazoo for damages. With Hertz you get unlimited miles and you pay the extra $24 a day for insurance and you can bring it back wadded on the back of a flatbed or with the rubber burned off it.
        Unlimited miles? Wow.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Unlimited miles? Wow.
        Just go get this an call it a day - you can have steve tune it for you at the track and return it with 100 extra hp LOL. $500 for the day, 100 free miles. Can't beat that.

        http://www.bwrentacar.com/luxury-car...des-cls63.html
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Just go get this an call it a day - you can have steve tune it for you at the track and return it with 100 extra hp LOL. $500 for the day, 100 free miles. Can't beat that.

        http://www.bwrentacar.com/luxury-car...des-cls63.html
        All things to consider...