Close

    • - No Fly Zone - California private airstrip roll on race event March 2nd, 2013 presented by the GermanBoost.com German Performance Car Forum Network

      The GermanBoost Network is pleased to announce - No Fly Zone - a private airport roll on race event taking place on March 2nd, 2013 just outside of Bakersfield, California. This will take place on the Minter Airstrip located at 201 Aviation Street in Shafter, California. This event is limited to just 100 cars. GermanBoost.com is the official German automotive forum sponsor for the event and will be providing media coverage as well as photo/video editing and hosting services and support.


      - No Fly Zone - is an Omega Motorsport Event operated by Tony Lopez (e-mail thatoneguy3000@hotmail.com). All inquiries regarding participation are to be sent to his e-mail. GermanBoost of course will assist with any questions. Tony lives in Bakersfield, California and this is an event with many participants knowing one another and just a group of automotive enthusiasts. No pretentious nonsense, this is an event for car guys. Spectators are not allowed. Participants, sponsors, and pit crews only.

      Total run distance of the runway to be used for acceleration is 1/2 mile. Plenty of run off room for deceleration.

      Pictures of some of the hardware attending as well as the quality of the airstrip tarmac are below. You will be happy to know the quality of this tarmac is MUCH higher than that which was seen at a recent airstrip event in California which was in poor condition with an incredible amount of dust making for potentially dangerous conditions for high powered cars as seen here: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...-on-the-runway

      As previously mentioned, the cost is $200 per vehicle and there are 100 spots. Spots are filling up fast and here is some of the hardware already registered to attend:






















      BimmerBoost.com will also be providing T-Shirts for the staff and shirts will be available to purchase for those in attendance. One of these two designs will be chosen:








      Here are the further details on the event. Do not hesitate to post, e-mail, or PM with any questions:

      Saturday March 2nd 2013
      Minter Field
      201 Aviation Street Shafter, California
      $200 per vehicle

      Thank you for considering joining us for NO FLY ZONE, our very first airport roll race event!

      - Sign ups will handled exclusively through this email address. Payment will be handled either in person via cash, check or money order, or, as in most instances, via PayPal.

      PayPal payments will submitted to this same email address. Please be aware that there are TWO (2) different ways that PayPal lets you submit a payment. Either a PURCHASE, or as a GIFT. If submitting payment as a PURCHASE, please include $10 to cover the PayPal fees. A GIFT submission does not require any fees.

      - When submitting payment, please list YEAR, MAKE, MODEL and estimated CRANK HORSEPOWER, and a 3-digit CAR I.D number in the free text box of the PayPal submission.


      -The CAR I.D. number will be used as the identifying tag for your vehicle during registration and the event. .

      - A spot is not reserved or issued until payment is submitted. Once payment is submitted and cleared, the event forms will be emailed to you. Please print and fill these forms out and bring them with you to the event. Included are a Self-Tech form, and a participant Waiver of Liability form.

      - Each registered participant is allowed THREE (3) "pit crew members" to accompany them. The fee for these "pit crew members" will be $10 each. Each one will also have to print and fill out these forms, and bring them with them. Crew is asked to arrive along with the registered participant, even if in a seperate car or tow vehicle. This will help expedite the check in process, and ensure that only those that are expected to attend are there. This event is not open to the public, and we can not accommodate everyone that will want to come to watch. These not directly involved or accounted for in the above mentioned criteria, will NOT be allowed access to the event.

      - A couple days before the event, a final reminder email will be sent out that will include final instructions, general rules and a running count of the cars attending.

      As always, feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.

      Tony Lopez
      Omega Motorsport Events
      thatoneguy3000@hotmail.com

      This article was originally published in forum thread: - No Fly Zone - California private airstrip roll on race event March 2nd, 2013 presented by the GermanBoost.com Network started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 1048 Comments
      1. mithiral67's Avatar
        mithiral67 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Because unlike other lists this one you only get on when you pay. And it's only been 3 days...
        I hear ya. Just so many folks talk about wanting to do these, but I guess when its time to send the cash, it takes a little more consideration. I signed up about 5 mins after getting the info for the midwest one.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
        I hear ya. Just so many folks talk about wanting to do these, but I guess when its time to send the cash, it takes a little more consideration. I signed up about 5 mins after getting the info for the midwest one.
        Ya the serious peepz jump early then the rest gets filled up as people pay. A lot of parties still aren't in, tuners, etc.
      1. mithiral67's Avatar
        mithiral67 -
        I just dont know how its done for so cheap. i would think the insurance alone would suck up all the proceeds. ($#@! you shiv btw for making me have to think every time I spell that word and not accidently type procede)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
        I just dont know how its done for so cheap. i would think the insurance alone would suck up all the proceeds. ($#@! you shiv btw for making me have to think every time I spell that word and not accidently type procede)
        I thought that too about the word lol.

        I'm not sure on insurance for this event but there are release of liability waivers so perhaps it isn't necessary. Not sure but obviously insurance is not cheap.
      1. mithiral67's Avatar
        mithiral67 -
        yea, waivers are like any contract, just pieces of paper until someone disagrees/disputes it, and then the lawyers make the money. I would want the insurance for that alone. Just greatful that company's that put these and track days on at a reasonable price for our enjoyment.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        signing up today
        Team Weistec in the house.....
        Hell Ya!!!! Click here to enlarge
      1. longboarder's Avatar
        longboarder -
        I looked at the location of Minter Field and it appears to be situation fairly far east from the divide between the desert and the San Joaquin farmland...although it's fairly close to the desert which is just east of the airstrip. Given the typical wind flow (West to East) that occurs in this region of the world, I would think that it's fairly protected from blowing dust/sand since the farmland will act as a barrier. A sweeper/vacuum would still be fantastic but maybe the surface will be better condusive to high HP cars than maybe we'd expect from typical SoCal desert locations.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
        I looked at the location of Minter Field and it appears to be situation fairly far east from the divide between the desert and the San Joaquin farmland...although it's fairly close to the desert which is just east of the airstrip. Given the typical wind flow (West to East) that occurs in this region of the world, I would think that it's fairly protected from blowing dust/sand since the farmland will act as a barrier. A sweeper/vacuum would still be fantastic but maybe the surface will be better condusive to high HP cars than maybe we'd expect from typical SoCal desert locations.
        Good info but it also won't hurt to sweep it as well. Let's make this as good as possible!
      1. FlyingGuy's Avatar
        FlyingGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm not sure on insurance for this event but there are release of liability waivers so perhaps it isn't necessary. Not sure but obviously insurance is not cheap.
        Insurance isn't cheap. And we always hope that the policy will not have to come into play for claims, but our events are covered. It's also a requirement by most facilities, airport or otherwise.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
        yea, waivers are like any contract, just pieces of paper until someone disagrees/disputes it, and then the lawyers make the money. I would want the insurance for that alone. Just greatful that company's that put these and track days on at a reasonable price for our enjoyment.
        Hopefully our event will be enjoyable for all!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge
        Insurance isn't cheap. And we always hope that the policy will not have to come into play for claims, but our events are covered. It's also a requirement by most facilities, airport or otherwise.
        Thank you for the additional info, good to know.
      1. FlyingGuy's Avatar
        FlyingGuy -
        I just got back from the airport doing a ride along out on the runways. There was a concern about where we were going to park everyone and stage everyone etc. So we will be utilizing 2 of the facilities 3 runways for the event. The big one, we will be running on, the other we will park everyone on (trailers and all). This will keep from having to drive or unload some of these very low and expensive cars on gravel or dirt. This should minimize tracking dirt and debris onto the event runway. Hope everyone appreciates this! Should make for even better pictures also.

        Attachment 24561Attachment 24562
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FlyingGuy Click here to enlarge
        I just got back from the airport doing a ride along out on the runways. There was a concern about where we were going to park everyone and stage everyone etc. So we will be utilizing 2 of the facilities 3 runways for the event. The big one, we will be running on, the other we will park everyone on (trailers and all). This will keep from having to drive or unload some of these very low and expensive cars on gravel or dirt. This should minimize tracking dirt and debris onto the event runway. Hope everyone appreciates this! Should make for even better pictures also.

        Attachment 24561Attachment 24562
        Click here to enlarge
      1. mithiral67's Avatar
        mithiral67 -
        keep folks off runway 3. I think planes landing will be like, what the dick?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Yeah don't be messing around on #3 lol
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Team Weistec in the house.....
        Hell Ya!!!! Click here to enlarge
        I wont be there but i have a pro driver who is ready to go.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        I wont be there but i have a pro driver who is ready to go.
        Care to share who?
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        I wont be there but i have a pro driver who is ready to go.
        too bad you can not make...but look on the bright side at least you wont be there to see you car loseClick here to enlarge

        Just kidding, is there any even slight possibilty of you making it out? Should be an Epic event.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Care to share who?
        When I have a 100% comittment.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Id like to see a car challenge something on runway 3 Click here to enlarge
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Id like to see a car challenge something on runway 3 Click here to enlarge
        Thats a pretty short and narrow runway, most likely just prop planes I would assume.