Close

    • Dyno overlay comparison of the BMW S63TU Twin Turbo V8, AMG C63 Black Series M156 V8, and AMG M157 Twin Turbo V8 - EAS propping up BMW M at AMG's expense?

      This is a dyno overlay comparison of the twin turbo V8 engine in the new F10 M5 (S63TU) with an Eisenmann Race rear section versus the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG W204 Black Series Coupe M156 V8 and the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG M157 Twin Turbo V8 stated to be with the Performance Package option which increases boost pressure. The results as presented show the M5 V8 with the most horsepower considerably at 537 wheel on a dynojet in SAE correction.


      Now, the M5 has an exhaust and even though it is just a rear section it does make a difference so keep that in mind. The C63 Black Series numbers look very high as an article posted on BenzBoost with several dyno runs from C63 AMG Black Series cars on a dynojet in SAE correction were nowhere near what was hit here on the EAS dynojet dyno. Once again, the EAS dyno shows that it reads a bit high.

      The most glaring inconsistency though is the "claimed" E63 AMG Performance Package dyno run. This graph just does not look right based on all other runs as a reference point and the only explanation is that this graph was posted to make the BMW M5 look better on a certain BMW fansite. The car had to be heat soaked severely on purpose (most likely scenario) or not a Performance Package vehicle (or flashed with different software) and Bimmerboost does not like this kind of blatant and blind fanboy favoritism.

      Here is a dyno comparison on a dynojet of a standard CLS63 AMG, a Performance Package CLS63 AMG, and a tuned CLS63 AMG from a BenzBoost article in 2011:


      As you can see the standard car put down 483 wheel horsepower much closer to the numbers EAS is claiming for the Performance Package E63 AMG although the torque figures on the EAS car are higher. Furthermore, the Performance Package M157 hits 516 wheel horsepower. This is just about the same Insideline hit with their Performance Package CLS63 AMG on a dynojet which was 514 wheel horsepower. For whatever reason, the peak horsepower figures offer a bit of disparity and the M5 being used with a rear section is clearly designed to favor the BMW.

      Additionally, the C63 AMG Black Series already comes with stronger internals and a more aggressive tune so there is no additional engine performance package for it. Come to your own conclusion but it sure appears to BimmerBoost that the E63 AMG in the dyno is portrayed in a way designed to favor the F10 BMW M5. It would be great to have the run files to reference as only one pull was not was made. That said, the M5 is the stronger output car stock for stock but with the revised and uprated M157 V8 coming in the 2014 E63 and CLS63 that should all change.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Dyno overlay comparison of the BMW S63TU Twin Turbo V8, AMG C63 Black Series M156 V8, and AMG M157 Twin Turbo V8 - EAS propping up BMW at AMG's expense? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 8 Comments
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The most glaring inconsistency though is the "claimed" E63 AMG Performance Package dyno run. This graph just does not look right based on all other runs as a reference point and the only explanation is that this graph was posted to make the BMW M5 look better on a certain BMW fansite. The car had to be heat soaked severely on purpose (most likely scenario) or not a Performance Package vehicle (or flashed with different software) and Bimmerboost does not like this kind of blatant and blind fanboy favoritism.
        That was posted by Vic55(MBworld Mod) in MBwrold. The owner is a member there as well. And EAS is becoming a sponsor of that site from what it looks like. So why on earth they would want to make the M5 look good in a MB site? Detuned on purpose? Honestly i have no idea what to tell about this. The car is a PP BTW.
        Attachment 23948
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        That was posted by Vic55(MBworld Mod) in MBwrold. The owner is a member there as well. And EAS is becoming a sponsor of that site from what it looks like. So why on earth they would want to make the M5 look good in a MB site? Detuned on purpose? Honestly i have no idea what to tell about this. The car is a PP BTW.
        Attachment 23948
        I know Vic. I believe his car has the PP. This was posted on a certain BMW site.

        Explain the numbers.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I know Vic. I believe his car has the PP. This was posted on a certain BMW site.

        Explain the numbers.
        It was posted by Vic. He asked Tom to overlay the dynos. You need to be more active in mbworld than "certain BMW site" Click here to enlarge
        This was posted by Vdubpower, the owner of the E63:
        Attachment 23949
        Now the overlays Vic posted.
        Corrected:
        Attachment 23950
        Uncorrected:
        Attachment 23951
        Got it?
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vic55 Click here to enlarge
        Nice stuff bro.... I was able to get Tom at EAS who owns the dyno to [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]overlay[/COLOR][/COLOR] my M5 dyno on top of yours... to all of you keep in mind that the dynos were done on different days but its the same dyno. The conditions were close, my day was 72 degrees and VDubs was 66 degrees
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Got it?
        Got what? The numbers on the E63 still read low for a PP car.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Got what? The numbers on the E63 still read low for a PP car.
        Maybe the car is weak. Maybe the RT dyno reads high. But the main point is, EAS didn't make the E63 look weak and guessing they detuned the car or overheated it on purpose is off the window.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Maybe the car is weak. Maybe the RT dyno reads high. But the main point is, EAS didn't make the E63 look weak and guessing they detuned the car or overheated it on purpose is off the window.
        It was simply a possibility to explain the large gap. You can't seem to explain it, can you?

        The C63 Black Series numbers are very high yet the E63 numbers are very low. Make sense of it.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Look at that S63Tu shine! Beauty!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
        Look at that S63Tu shine! Beauty!
        Ugh...