Close

    • ESS VT2-625 supercharged E92 M3 with claimed 570 wheel horsepower at 7.5 psi beaten by heads/cam/intake/exhaust Camaro SS with 520 wheel horsepower

      Very surprising race here with an ESS VT2-625 supercharged M3 taken down by an all motor LS3 Camaro SS. On paper, this race should easily go the M3's way considering it is claimed to have 570 wheel horsepower at 7.5 psi and also being the significantly lighter car. 570 wheel with a dual clutch transmission is good for 130 MPH trap speeds which a 520 wheel Camaro SS won't match. More power, less weight, dual clutch trans, the M3 should win rather easily. So what gives?

      The Camaro SS with the LS3 naturally aspirated V8 has modified heads, a cam, intake, and exhaust said to be good for around 520 wheel horsepower.


      BimmerBoost has no explanation other than the M3 likely not making the power claimed (it's easier to race on a dyno than in the real world) and possibly not having the right pulley either. Recently a BimmerBoost forum member stated they had a different pulley shipped with their ESS kit than they should have so it's possible this M3 owner isn't making the horsepower or boost they thought they were. The M3 is also said to be a DCT so how a dual clutch car making more power, shifting faster, and with less weight can lose is beyond reason unless the Camaro has more going on than he is letting on (nitrous).

      This article was originally published in forum thread: ***VIDEO*** BMW E92 M3 (ESS VT-625) vs All-Motor Camaro SS (Mr. TORQ) [HD] started by AWD75 View original post
      Comments 229 Comments
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        570 whp on a DCT is not as simple as they make it seem. I have to go with the M3 is just not making that power.

        i have seen it....but it was on a 650 kit...not sure but i think it was on race gas as well
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        i have seen it....but it was on a 650 kit...not sure but i think it was on race gas as well
        I hit 570 whp with meth and race gas as well as some header work. Think about it.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        lets not forget longboarder hit "570" hp too, at 5 psi, on a "600" kit, but ran equal with 500hp cars.. so graphs are one thing, realworld results are another..
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        M's can lose, that isn't it. A bunch of videos have been shown with BMW's losing so you are looking at it the wrong way.

        The issue isn't excuses for the car it's that ESS kits are portrayed often stronger than they really are. Either the Camaro is making more than advertised or the BMW is making less.

        And analysis of runs for 8 pages is great and why this site rocks.
        I disagree its makes the site look pompous and no less arrogant than other sites they dont like being compared to...

        If the argument is that ESS kits or this car is falsely advertised then lets say that up front. However the disbelief has been and continues to be the Camaro could not beat the M despite a video doing just that. We have dyno's of of other cars, we have graphs showing this or that, people calling BS on the car, people claiming the Maro has a motor swap, or it has spray. Its not till later that the ESS kit may be the issue pops up. The ESS issue is a valid argument vs something aint right. Hard to argue with the video is my point when the winner and loser are clear. Bear in mind Im not defending the Maro or M, I am just stating the obvious
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        I disagree its makes the site look pompous and no less arrogant than other sites they dont like being compared to...
        What is pompous and arrogant about discussing a run in depth? Well?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        If the argument is that ESS kits or this car is falsely advertised then lets say that up front.
        Some people ARE saying that. Some people aren't.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        However the disbelief has been and continues to be the Camaro could not beat the M despite a video doing just that.
        Nobody is denying the Camaro won.

        A 570 whp M3 should not lose to a 520 whp camaro.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        A 570 whp M3 should not lose to a 520 whp camaro.
        correct. historically, its a mix, one is under-rating, the other is over-rating
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What is pompous and arrogant about discussing a run in depth? Well?



        Some people ARE saying that. Some people aren't.



        Nobody is denying the Camaro won.

        A 570 whp M3 should not lose to a 520 whp camaro.
        I disagree its that simple... Let us move on
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        lets not forget longboarder hit "570" hp too, at 5 psi, on a "600" kit, but ran equal with 500hp cars.. so graphs are one thing, realworld results are another..
        Which turned out to be 625 kit with 7 psi pulley.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Which turned out to be 625 kit with 7 psi pulley.
        yea, odd how that happened.. odd how when stacked against a car making roughly 500hp it didnt pull on it.. so, again, dyno vs realworld