Close

    • Gintani Stage I E60 M5 S85 V10 supercharger kit officially released - 6.5 psi of boost, 150+ wheel horsepower gains, $14,995

      After considerable development time and testing Gintani has released their Stage I supercharger kit for 5.0 liter S85 V10 equipped vehicles such as the E60 M5. Stage I delivers 6.5-7.0 psi of boost from a Vortech blower (self-contained oil) good for gains on the Gintani Dyno Dynamics of 165 wheel horsepower over the baselnie. Keep in mind the Dyno Dynamics reads lower than a Dynojet so the peak figure of 530.4 wheel horsepower would likely rise to around ~600 wheel range on a dynojet.


      The entire kit consists of the Vortech supercharger, supercharger bracket, pulleys, belts, carbon intake, air filter, air to water cooled intake manifold, air to water aftercooler, water reservoir, spark plugs, fuel injectors, external water pump, blow off valve, and hoses. The price for all of this is $14,995 but the first 5 kits are $13,500 with a free install.

      Excellent work by Gintani.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Gintani E60 M5 Stage 1 Supercharger Kit 6.5 - 7lbs started by Sales@Gintani.com View original post
      Comments 46 Comments
      1. heavytiresmoke's Avatar
        heavytiresmoke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
        Oh please. It's a custom mounting bracket and belt, it's not made out of some exotic metal or process. Just like the $3k+ exhaust systems, it's got a BMW tax.

        The price and power for the 5.0 supercharger kit is legit. That motor is extremely impressive and makes outstanding power out of the box. They only charge $15k for supercharger kits on BMWs because people out there will pay for it.
        I think what he means is that the cost to test M5 products for POWER costs money to R&D. Same goes for supercharger, I am pretty sure its gonna cost more blowing a M5 engine compared to a Mustang engine. I do believe the price is still a little high compared to what you get but then again I am not testing so I dont know how much goes into it but the risk to build any mod for the M5 to have actualy power increases will cost more to R&D because of the lower M5 owners compared to Mustangs. I think it the kits were priced more competitvely around $7K there would be alot more ppl getting them and more sales but I dont know the figures these tuners are working with. Maybe they can chime in.

        Seeing how alot of E60 M5s dont have warrantys and the cost of them has reduced alot since new, I would expect to see alot more SC kits once they prove the reliability factors thru members on forums. Gintani needs to step up with some real road kill videos, sort how how those RPI guys did it but then again they had some fishy tactics going on with their dynos I heard. Fan boys for the most.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
        Oh please. It's a custom mounting bracket and belt, it's not made out of some exotic metal or process. Just like the $3k+ exhaust systems, it's got a BMW tax.

        The price and power for the 5.0 supercharger kit is legit. That motor is extremely impressive and makes outstanding power out of the box. They only charge $15k for supercharger kits on BMWs because people out there will pay for it.

        We understand the part about hardware. I'm sure all of us are familiar with what parts would reasonably cost. The tuning however is probably the major difference. Knowing the tuning differences between BMW highly encrypted ECU and other ECU are pretty hard. Not to many companies like to mess with them. BTW, do you see more Mustangs or M5's on the street.
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
        Oh please. It's a custom mounting bracket and belt, it's not made out of some exotic metal or process. Just like the $3k+ exhaust systems, it's got a BMW tax.

        The price and power for the 5.0 supercharger kit is legit. That motor is extremely impressive and makes outstanding power out of the box. They only charge $15k for supercharger kits on BMWs because people out there will pay for it.
        Dumbest post ever.


        Sticky, have to disagree on how it looks though. It could be cleaner IMO. That would be the only thing holding me back from getting one.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
        Oh please. It's a custom mounting bracket and belt, it's not made out of some exotic metal or process. Just like the $3k+ exhaust systems, it's got a BMW tax.

        The price and power for the 5.0 supercharger kit is legit. That motor is extremely impressive and makes outstanding power out of the box. They only charge $15k for supercharger kits on BMWs because people out there will pay for it.
        It's still a small market you can't just price it like you can for a 5.0. Look at how long these kits have even taken to come out, it isn't until now really that we are getting well tuned and well priced S85 kits. Until now, the market was in the $40k range for S85 superchargers.

        If it's so cheap and simple, you go do it and blow everyone else away.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
        Dumbest post ever.
        Definitely not the smartest post ever...
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        mild sarcasm
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        Dyno dynamics dyno reads so low...140hp in drivetrain loss? We had 53hp on a DYNOmite Land and Sea..(If we now belive all actually have 507hp in the engine)

        The final figure doesnt say much in my opinion though, its the diffrence between stock and modified that counts so 165+ up is serious! Good Work!!
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        The Gintani kit looks outstanding! If my beast weren't giving me problems, I'd love to jump on the promo pricing Click here to enlarge $13,500 installed is a STEAL!


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        \show me this. i would say thats a fallacy, or built motor/race engine and definitly NOT realistic
        I agree that the pricing for the E60 S/C kit is very acceptable.. But he's actually got a point about the KB on the Boss 302.. This Boss is down around my way. I believe the first ever with this setup.

        Her mods are listed in the video..




        She made 854rwhp @ 21psi. That's her car on KB's website..

        http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/S...ustang2011.htm

        Trust me, I was pretty damn shocked when I first heard about what it put down.. But it's true. Click here to enlarge

        MSRP for the LC 3.6 Mammoth kit is $7,549.00

        http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf





      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
        The Gintani kit looks outstanding! If my beast weren't giving me problems, I'd love to jump on the promo pricing Click here to enlarge $13,500 installed is a STEAL!




        I agree that the pricing for the E60 S/C kit is very acceptable.. But he's actually got a point about the KB on the Boss 302.. This Boss is down around my way. I believe the first ever with this setup.

        Her mods are listed in the video..

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nJiK...1ZM4Q&index=14


        She made 854rwhp @ 21psi. That's her car on KB's website..

        http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/S...ustang2011.htm

        Trust me, I was pretty damn shocked when I first heard about what it put down.. But it's true. Click here to enlarge

        MSRP for the LC 3.6 Mammoth kit is $7,549.00

        http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf





        Dude that's insane. +800whp on stock internals?
      1. Sales@Gintani.com's Avatar
        Sales@Gintani.com -
        Lol. Looking at it again, it does. But this one is yummier Click here to enlarge


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nappy_time Click here to enlarge
        The intake reminds me of twinkies.
      1. Sales@Gintani.com's Avatar
        Sales@Gintani.com -
        We will be showing you all videos as soon as we get a chance.

        Please be patient we have been quite busy with a couple very exciting projects that will soon be revealed with some teasers.

        Stay tuned.

        Thank you all for the support and criticism.
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Dude that's insane. +800whp on stock internals?
        Correct.. 100% stock internals
      1. Ekselent's Avatar
        Ekselent -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
        Correct.. 100% stock internals
        I want to see runs between Gintani E60M5 vs M5 F10....Click here to enlarge
        I have wait for those video runs in 1/2 years time no..
        Cannot decide anything before that.

        Juha
      1. heavytiresmoke's Avatar
        heavytiresmoke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ekselent Click here to enlarge
        I want to see runs between Gintani E60M5 vs M5 F10....Click here to enlarge
        I have wait for those video runs in 1/2 years time no..
        Cannot decide anything before that.

        Juha
        Exactly this is what I would want to see also. Unbiased owners playing a head to head game. If you guys could get a ESS VT2 kit in the mix this could bring up a lot of sales. IMO if the Gintani car can keep up with the VT2 I would jump on this deal but if it outperforms it then thats much better for other clients. Lets see what Gintani puts out for videos for us that are on the fence.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by heavytiresmoke Click here to enlarge
        Exactly this is what I would want to see also. Unbiased owners playing a head to head game. If you guys could get a ESS VT2 kit in the mix this could bring up a lot of sales. IMO if the Gintani car can keep up with the VT2 I would jump on this deal but if it outperforms it then thats much better for other clients. Lets see what Gintani puts out for videos for us that are on the fence.
        ESS will never put their kit up against Gintani directly for any platform. It's been tried before.
      1. heavytiresmoke's Avatar
        heavytiresmoke -
        Well if Gintani could put out some videos with fair competitors then I think they could get a good amount of buyers unless they are already busy. I personally would def like to go down and visit them but just elapsed on time. Some videos and some 60-130 times would be nice.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by heavytiresmoke Click here to enlarge
        Well if Gintani could put out some videos with fair competitors then I think they could get a good amount of buyers unless they are already busy. I personally would def like to go down and visit them but just elapsed on time. Some videos and some 60-130 times would be nice.
        You mean lapsed. And I wish they marketed a little better but if you can go down to the shop you should. There's so much that goes on that doesn't get promoted and I have no answer to that.
      1. 5soko's Avatar
        5soko -
        Def lacking on the marketing department for pics/videos and info. Looks like a nice kit, but we need more then a low quality single photo. Come prepared when releasing a kit like this you guys, with high quality photos, component single shot photos, videos, and some more in depth details. Big props for getting it done though!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
        Come prepared when releasing a kit like this you guys, with high quality photos, component single shot photos, videos, and some more in depth details. Big props for getting it done though!
        Hold up unlike G-Power they gave dyno figures and this is just an announcement.
      1. 5soko's Avatar
        5soko -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Hold up unlike G-Power they gave dyno figures and this is just an announcement.
        True, bit of a rant but I do like Gintani's work and products, and looks like im moving to the S85 platform, would be great to see great info on this and pics/video in the future Click here to enlarge