• COBB AccessPORT released for the N55 single turbo powered 2011 and up BMW 135, 335i and 335xi



      COBB is extremely happy to announce the release of the AccessPORT for the N55 powered 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi. We have been cranking extremely hard to get this out – with our best engineers working on making this a terrific product. This is a Beta release – which means that although the support and tuning are 100% complete and, frankly, awesome – we don’t support every single ROM on the road right now. As most of you know (but your friends might not), a ROM is an individual calibration file that makes small tweaks to the Engine Control Unit from the factory.

      Usually these changes are small and completely imperceptible to the consumer – however, we always want to support the latest the OEM has to offer so that all of the safety and reliability that BMW engineers into its vehicles stay there. It takes more work to do it this way – but we think it's best for you and your car.


      As such, during this Beta release of the AccessPORT, it is expected that several customers will need to send in the ROM data collected by the AccessPORT before the installation can be completed. Typically, new ROM support can be added in only 3-5 business days and is as simple as emailing your ROM information, and then completing an AccessPORT update on your home computer. As we collect more ROMs, the chance of having an unsupported ECU software revision goes down significantly and the sooner you can enjoy the added power!


      The AP-BMW-002 will come pre-loaded with Stage 1 Sport and Stage 1 Aggressive power maps, as well as a Stage 0 map and Valet mode for reduced power when needed. Using the Aggressive map, you can expect an 11% increase in peak HP and a 25% increase in peak torque. The area under the curved is also massively increased with maximum power gains near 18% in HP and 26% in torque. Stay tuned for more maps (Stage 1+COBB FMIC) and updates coming soon as N55 development continues! Click the link below for more information and to get yours now!


      BMW N55 AccessPORT: AP-BMW-002


      This article was originally published in forum thread: COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi started by COBB Tuning View original post
      Comments 71 Comments
      1. Josh@Cobb's Avatar
        Josh@Cobb -
        I feel like a complete failure for missing this thread guys, but this fix is totally done. If anyone happens across this thread and has any questions, feel free to PM or email me.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
        I feel like a complete failure for missing this thread guys, but this fix is totally done. If anyone happens across this thread and has any questions, feel free to PM or email me.
        I don't think you have messed up anything.
      1. Sloppy's Avatar
        Sloppy -
        and by the way... Stage 2 maps are out!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sloppy Click here to enlarge
        and by the way... Stage 2 maps are out!
        This is excellent news...
      1. Josh@Cobb's Avatar
        Josh@Cobb -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This is excellent news...
        Stage2+ is looking very promising as well Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
        Stage2+ is looking very promising as well Click here to enlarge
        I'll be testing it out shortly. I have your tune sitting on my desk Click here to enlarge
      1. Sloppy's Avatar
        Sloppy -
        I have to put new spark plugs in, and silly me didn't realize i need a special skinny spark plug tool so now the car is waiting on the open heart table till tomorrow...
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sloppy Click here to enlarge
        I have to put new spark plugs in, and silly me didn't realize i need a special skinny spark plug tool so now the car is waiting on the open heart table till tomorrow...
        Sears sells several and ships quickly. You will need an E14 reverse Torx socket to remove the center bolt on the firewall.

        I now need an LSD.

        Brave new world.
      1. Sloppy's Avatar
        Sloppy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        Sears sells several and ships quickly. You will need an E14 reverse Torx socket to remove the center bolt on the firewall.

        I now need an LSD.

        Brave new world.
        Yup thanks, i bought a whole nice torx kit that included that E14 and even bigger sizes... Thought it would be best to get a nice kit for this car since a lot of work needs some kind of torx bolt Click here to enlarge
      1. Indoos's Avatar
        Indoos -
        How about f30 335?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Indoos Click here to enlarge
        How about f30 335?
        Not yet I guess...
      1. E90Company's Avatar
        E90Company -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not yet I guess...
        Correct only E9X N55's right now.
      1. Josh@Cobb's Avatar
        Josh@Cobb -
        ^Correct. Unfortunately the F30 has some pretty severe security on the DME. We're working on it, but no release date yet.
      1. Indoos's Avatar
        Indoos -
        It's delaying my turbo upgrade!! Click here to enlarge want to go with a 62mm. The turbo is so small and dies so quick it's just sad
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        A question: If I buy an AP for my wife's N55, can I use the AP on my '07 X5 and '08 M3 to read and clear CEL's?


        Thanks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastm3 Click here to enlarge
        A question: If I buy an AP for my wife's N55, can I use the AP on my '07 X5 and '08 M3 to read and clear CEL's?


        Thanks.
        Good question, let's fine out. @Jason@Cobb @Josh@Cobb
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastm3 Click here to enlarge
        A question: If I buy an AP for my wife's N55, can I use the AP on my '07 X5 and '08 M3 to read and clear CEL's?


        Thanks.
        Prob not, since the fault codes are going to be different for the X5 & M3 (different motors & DME's/DME programming). For example, I can Data Log, Code Read/Clear with any N54, but I can't on E9x N55's
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Prob not, since the fault codes are going to be different for the X5 & M3 (different motors & DME's/DME programming). For example, I can Data Log, Code Read/Clear with any N54, but I can't on E9x N55's

        Thanks for your experience! I hope the Cobb guys chime in soon! If the answers is favorable to it reading all three, I know what my wife is getting for our anniversary! Click here to enlarge
      1. Josh@Cobb's Avatar
        Josh@Cobb -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastm3 Click here to enlarge
        A question: If I buy an AP for my wife's N55, can I use the AP on my '07 X5 and '08 M3 to read and clear CEL's?


        Thanks.
        Most likely not as stated above. I haven't tested on those particular vehicles, but even if it can read the codes, it could have the wrong description as BMW changes codes between chassis/year.
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
        Most likely not as stated above. I haven't tested on those particular vehicles, but even if it can read the codes, it could have the wrong description as BMW changes codes between chassis/year.
        Thanks josh!