Close

    • Modified 996 Turbo hits an incredible 1288 rear wheel horsepower on a dynojet - Most powerful 996 Turbo?

      Wow, quite simply, wow. Eye opening numbers to say the least from the 996 Turbo platform. 1288 rear wheel horsepower at 31 psi of boost on what is obviously a built motor sporting some nicely sized twin turbos. The numbers are uncorrected but absolutely incredible regardless. This is the highest output PorscheBoost has come across for a 996 Turbo which had a dynojet graph to back it up. Engine management is done with a Motec standalone.


      These numbers come on E85 and the current fuel system is maxed. With some injector upgrades the car likely has more in it. Other than that not too much else was revealed about the setup although the pictures below give some insight. Turbos are Precision 6262's. As soon as more is known PorscheBoost will update you. For now, just bow in respect.





















      This article was originally published in forum thread: 996 Turbo hits increadible 1288 rear wheel horsepower on a dynojet - Most powerful 996 Turbo? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 66 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Sick build. Reminds me of this which I like a lot more since it's a 993 and one of the baddest I've ever seen.

        Attachment 22918


        http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues...1#.UMf3ZL8rNcA
        Very similar turbo placement.
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        This thing is incredible, wow, just wow.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Here is a quick update

      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        ZOOM...... There are 3 "HBK" cars right? This, prodigy's Spool Bus (which has the gearbox been fixed?) & M3ntals (which broke an axle in one of the talon tsi vids)
      1. Trojan4evr's Avatar
        Trojan4evr -
        Just pure sexy. I love 996 and 997.1 Just because of the Metzger.
      1. Autobahn335i's Avatar
        Autobahn335i -
        Awesomeness!!
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Yep I'm goin 911 TT hunting next fall...
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        ZOOM...... There are 3 "HBK" cars right? This, prodigy's Spool Bus (which has the gearbox been fixed?) & M3ntals (which broke an axle in one of the talon tsi vids)
        Yes, I believe there are 4 total cars that are "HBK"

        Yes, spoolbus' gearbox is now fixed

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
        So my 3rd gear gave up after almost 3 years of racing and beating on the stock trans. A lot of people asked how is it possible that my trans is still holding up well here it is it finally gave up. Nothing exciting and I knew it was coming. Over the course of 1 day my car developed a whine on decel mainly heard in 3rd gear. Later that day i got on it in 3rd and as the car hit full boost. RPMs shot up and i heard a crunch, chrateristical of the gear being relieved of its toothcount.

        Tim and I were hoping to get the car up and running last weekend but the damage exceeded our expectations and the parts we had prepared to replace. My center case cracked and some bearings failed as well, the retaining plate also looks deformed.

        We will be doing the 997 GT2RS Mainshaft along with 997 GT2RS 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears.

        Here are the parts needed to do this conversion...

        Mainshaft 1st /2nd - 997.302.901.88
        3rd -997.302.953.88
        3rd gear bearing -999.201.178.02

        and 3 nuts that are non-reusable

        999.034.035.00
        999.034.034.00
        999.034.033.00

        Thank you to our friends at GBox for helping us with some part numbers.

        Here are some photos

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        old vs new wider 3rd gear
        Click here to enlarge
      1. DEU WERK's Avatar
        DEU WERK -
        What size tires are you using? cant wait to see this car doing some roll racing.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DEU WERK Click here to enlarge
        What size tires are you using? cant wait to see this car doing some roll racing.
        Same, looking forward to it on the highway.
      1. DEU WERK's Avatar
        DEU WERK -
        Wondering what it would do if he switched to 6266's..........
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DEU WERK Click here to enlarge
        Wondering what it would do if he switched to 6266's..........
        I think the fuel system is maxed as it sits?
      1. DEU WERK's Avatar
        DEU WERK -
        Guess we will have to wait and see. Hope he goes to tx2k13 and represent for the P-cars.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DEU WERK Click here to enlarge
        What size tires are you using? cant wait to see this car doing some roll racing.
        If I recall correctly he is on Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets 305 width
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DEU WERK Click here to enlarge
        Guess we will have to wait and see. Hope he goes to tx2k13 and represent for the P-cars.
        I spoke to him about this as well, he said he might be going, and if he is so am I lmao. He's planning to go to the texas mile event in the spring.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I think the fuel system is maxed as it sits?
        I'm pretty sure he has a little bit more to go, last time we were at a dyno session he was around 70 or 80% duty cycle on his injectors.
      1. bignicky1's Avatar
        bignicky1 -
        Saw this car in person and OMG its insaneClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
        I'm pretty sure he has a little bit more to go, last time we were at a dyno session he was around 70 or 80% duty cycle on his injectors.
        Actually he posted a fuel system update saying he was maxed. I'll post it in a little bit.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bignicky1 Click here to enlarge
        Saw this car in person and OMG its insaneClick here to enlarge
        Agreed. Impressive piece of hardware.

        Welcome.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Actually he posted a fuel system update saying he was maxed. I'll post it in a little bit.
        Very possible, I haven't spoken to him about the car lately. We've mostly been searching for airports to rent out for the past month lol
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
        Very possible, I haven't spoken to him about the car lately. We've mostly been searching for airports to rent out for the past month lol
        JFK, La Guardia, Newark Intl, any bids? Click here to enlarge


        Not sure if you have a full list, but here's what Wiki's offering for airports in the NY, NJ & CT areas:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...York_City_area
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        JFK, La Guardia, Newark Intl, any bids? Click here to enlarge


        Not sure if you have a full list, but here's what Wiki's offering for airports in the NY, NJ & CT areas:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...York_City_area
        I've looked through that list dozens of times lol

        Google the "County of Columbia Airport in Hudson, NY"

        1.01 mile long runway Click here to enlarge

        But apparently everyone in NY doesn't like renting out their runway to a bunch of guys that just wanna go fast lol. So now we've been looking out of state.