• PorscheBoost member M3ntal's Porsche 996tt hits 717 wheel horsepower with E85 and HTA 3071 turbos at 22 psi + race with upgraded turbo E85 RX7

      Congratulations to M3ntal for some very impressive results from his stock internal Porsche 996 Twin Turbo. Modifications consist of forge intercoolers, IPD Competition Plenum, custom E85 fuel system, FIC 1100cc injectors, Tial 44mm external wastegates, tial 50mm blow off valve, Hallman Pro boost controller, Sachs 764 PP clutch, and FP HTA 3071 .63 AR turbos. This combination was tuned by Roshan Patel (mafless tune).

      The result? A very impressive 717 wheel horsepower in STD correction on a dynojet on the stock internals. The turbos are good for more power but the tuner (wisely) stated not to push it any further on the stock internals.

      Dynographs and a couple videos are below.










      Mod List:

      Stock motor
      E85 from the pump
      1.5 bar
      FP HTA 3071 .63 AR
      Forge Intercoolers
      IPD Competition Plenum and 74mm TB
      Custom E85 fuel system (Radiumauto.com dual bosch 044 setup)
      FIC 1100 Injectors
      Tial 44mm external gates on stock manifolds
      Tial 50mm BOV
      Hallman Pro manual boost controller
      Sachs 764 PP, Sachs non-sprung disk, oem DMF
      Mafless tune by Roshan Patel
      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3ntal 996tt on 22 psi with E85 - 717 wheel horsepower started by M3ntal View original post
      Comments 65 Comments
      1. Mr.Squeeze's Avatar
        Mr.Squeeze -
        Sounds so sick impressive
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        IM back home now. not completely sure if i can come out tonight though. i will keep people updated. you all have my # to text or on FB if required
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Nice vid..... The OP also had a nasty evo, for those that care. I like the pcar waaaaaay better
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Pretty sure this is @M3ntal 's car

      1. M3ntal's Avatar
        M3ntal -
        Good morning LM,

        Yep, thats me...
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        i always wanted to run that gt500.. i think i can best him Click here to enlarge

        -edit:

        is that the built motor one, or the other one, if you know
      1. M3ntal's Avatar
        M3ntal -
        thats not the built motor one...i heard this one has bolt ons and makes ~550 whp??
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        i dont recall the mods/hp but only that 1 silver was pretty mean, and the other worked, but to a lesser extent.. 550hp eh.. he's in my league.. ill have to try it out


        BTW @Mr.Squeeze was requesting a roll w/you Click here to enlarge
      1. M3ntal's Avatar
        M3ntal -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        IM back home now. not completely sure if i can come out tonight though. i will keep people updated. you all have my # to text or on FB if required
        Hey,

        Im in florida until tomorrow night...want to go to atco on tuesday? my friend with his zr1 wants to run his car and if i can find some tires by then I may run as well...
      1. M3ntal's Avatar
        M3ntal -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        Nice vid..... The OP also had a nasty evo, for those that care. I like the pcar waaaaaay better
        Thanks bobby...I am so over the Evo...it just never stayed together yet I was determined to try to make it work over and over...never again! I love the porsche way more too. It was built to take a beating from the factory.
      1. M3ntal's Avatar
        M3ntal -
        Im down...what does he have i'm not familiar with his car or setup
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
        Thanks bobby...I am so over the Evo...it just never stayed together yet I was determined to try to make it work over and over...never again! I love the porsche way more too. It was built to take a beating from the factory.
        What was done to the EVO and what wouldn't hold together? Motor just didn't handle the power?
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Good runs... The Porsche is nicely setup and honestly the RX held better than I thought on the 2nd run. Not a rotary fan but love the RX body style.
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        I love the look of that rx7, such a timeless design
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
        Hey,

        Im in florida until tomorrow night...want to go to atco on tuesday? my friend with his zr1 wants to run his car and if i can find some tires by then I may run as well...
        good time to be in FL. Ill always attend to ape and whatnot, not sure im gonna run my car much more this year. no point without changing something. 11.3 is gonna be hard to beat
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3ntal Click here to enlarge
        Im down...what does he have i'm not familiar with his car or setup

        http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...or-370z-GTM-TT
      1. prodigymb's Avatar
        prodigymb -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        BTW @Mr.Squeeze was requesting a roll w/you Click here to enlarge
        when is this happening. set it up LM
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by prodigymb Click here to enlarge
        when is this happening. set it up LM
        m3ntal was in FL, and squeeze is done for the winter i believe..
      1. prodigymb's Avatar
        prodigymb -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        m3ntal was in FL, and squeeze is done for the winter i believe..
        done for the winter?? that's silly. its not winter yet Click here to enlarge
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Its not that cold yet, though todays weather isnt helping LOL