Close

    • BimmerBoost member compares E46 M3 S54 tune customer service, product support, and results of ESS Tuning and Evolve Automotive

      I have been a customer of both ESS (since 2008) and Evolve (since 2010). I had issues with three separate tunes from ESS. Two Naturally Aspirated header tunes where (1) AJ@ESS forgot to turn on the rear O2's, (2) raised my rev limiter to 8,200 where I specifically requested 8000 (and o2's on) on my invoice, (3) cruise control errors after flash, and (4) ESS SMG software REFUSED to upshift in auto mode at redline. The mishap wasn't that big of a deal in my eyes, until I contacted AJ for some help.

      AJ said he was absolutely sure the rear 02's were on and the redline was 8,000, my tachometer was "misleading," and the cruise control function was an electrical error on my car. I had no choice but to believe him. After three weeks of testing fuses and wires, three failed emission tests, I was convinced the tune was the issue. I took it to BMW (250 miles away) and had the OE US tune flashed (on my dime) and my car miraculously turned the rear o2's on, my cruise control worked, redline was back to normal.

      I packaged up the DME and sent it back to Arizona to ESS (again, on my dime) to have my DME looked at. Lo and behold, the rear O2's were not turned on and the redline was indeed increased on my tune. Not even a "whoops, sorry man!" from anyone from ESS after sending me through the ringer for a month (and another $500+ out of pocket to fix their mistake). The SMG tune I was very happy with, outside of the Auto upshift function not working at WOT; as this function was primarily used by my wife. I won't get into details, but suffice to say that the information I gathered from Roman (sales) prior to purchase regarding the SMG flash's compatibility in Auto mode, differed from the technical side. If I had learned this prior, my decision to lighten the wallet an additional $600 would have changed for sure as my wife liked the "A" mode feature. This is why Roman is the salesman. Their was other garbage in the tune that was revealed from Roman that was only learned after.

      To be fair, I had some issues with the initial Evolve tune setup and parameters; however, the way I was treated by Evolve's customer service guys (both Imran and Salman helped out) was completely different than the way I was treated by ESS. They stayed awful late (approaching 10 pm UK time) troubleshooting on their Friday night for one lowly US customer. I was impressed. It took 3 days to even receive a "my poop don't stink" email from AJ regarding his copy and paste "supposed custom tune" job. The Evolve gang contacted me several times to ask how we liked the tune, and to review the drf files (as he had concerns with our HIGH altitude). It is small potatoes in the long run, but it shows that they care how the customer feels post wallet-lightening. ESS not once asked for feedback, or let alone apologize for their mistake (which kept my car down for an extra month....for a tune!!).

      I learned of Evolve from the Uk's M3 site and plunged for their CF Airbox. Just for craps and giggles, I picked up Evolve's tune to compare with ESS's tune as their flash hardware came with the Airbox when I went in for some baseline runs. Sal sent me their OTS N/A MAF header tune (e.g. before airbox install) and I booked some time at the dyno. The ESS tune (I learned again my redline was 8,200) was run a total of 7 times with a minimum cooldown of 5 minutes. With the car STILL STRAPPED TO THE DYNO, I flashed the Evolve tune to the car. We ran it another 5 times with the Evolve tune. Ambient temps and humidity creeped way up later in the afternoon after the flash, so we left the car strapped to the dyno to run the next day with the same time, and conditions the ESS tune ran in.

      I am a data nerd by trade (research biologist) so I tried my best to eliminate ALL variables outside of the tune. Here is what I tried.

      -The same half tank of fresh 91 (e10) pisswater from Chevron
      -Same dyno.
      -Same operator.
      -Same day (and next)
      -Nearly identical ENV variables.

      Some other details not evident from the dyno:

      -4,800 ft elevation
      -Evolve redline = 8,000
      -ESS redline = 8,200
      -Evolve's tune was not given proper road adaptation (I would assume the delta would increase after a few hundred road miles), and still out performed ESS's tune with a 200 rpm disadvantage.

      I then created a thread on M3forum just discussing the dyno results. Before the thread was deleted, my data was accused of manipulation, I was accused of getting free products from Evolve, and if I recall correctly someone implied that I was some sort of spy for the other companies not named ESS. It was great fun until the thread disappeared. I was just trying to inform those who were considering both companies for a tune; however unfortunate, my message was twisted and then deleted (similar accusations arose with my review of Morr VS8.2 wheels as well...but apparently that is status quo at m3forum).

      Here are the best runs for each tune:


      So much for trying to inform enthusiasts...

      Fast forward to 2012. I contact THREE companies for technical questions regarding valves and VANOS compatibility for tune on an S54 with a built head and cams: one company replied immediately that they will check their race teams for precise data (Evolve), one company called me directly (VAC motorsports) and one company completely ignored my request (guess who!). The boys at Evolve got back to me and provided the information I needed prior to plunging into the head build. Both Mike and Steve at VAC helped me select the proper valvetrain components. Three months later, and still no response from the BMW tuning experts at ESS.

      This is my personal experience with these companies. Your experience may differ. I am only here to inform others. I have no sponsors. Mods are supported by my income alone.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Customer Service/Product Support AFTER the sale ESS versus Evolve started by MisterEm View original post
      Comments 101 Comments
      1. bigjae1976's Avatar
        bigjae1976 -
        I think another tuning company reached a similar level of arrogance a couple of years ago and they now find themselves on a downward slope. I think arrogance is the totally wrong approach for obvious reasons. I've long said, vendors can make mistakes. Hell, I'll even share some responsibility (financially) but it comes down to stepping up and owning up to the mistake. Because until they accept responsibility and make themselves accountable, it will never get fixed.

        I blame the internet as there are some idiots out there that will quickly bash a company. Forums, right or wrong, step in and the vendors feel a need to be perfect (I think the OP has a valid case here). And there is extra caution to guard a reputation for FI companies because the stakes are much higher. BMW engines ain't cheap!

        We've all seen ESS grow quite a bit over the years. I'm sure AJ puts in some long hours and can empathize with him probably just being worn out. I know AJ flew into Dallas on the way to CA (I think) to help a guy out with an TS2 install on a 330 AT NO CHARGE...that's awesome service! With that said, what is ESS doing to fix customer service? If forums keep squealching issues then probably nothing. If I were ESS, I would know that the forums will protect me and why do I need to solve a reputation problem that really isn't a problem that's cutting into sales?
      1. MisterEm's Avatar
        MisterEm -
        I'm sure AJ has put in long hours on many a build out there. A TS2 install is an order of magnitude more investment in the company than an SMG/ECU tune. That was exactly my point @bigjae1976. Evolve helped me out with my tune and emission situation in a few days what took months of prodding and hundreds of dollars in shipping (and insurance) to and from ESS. My car was down over a month as well in between shipping, expired tabs, and failing emissions due to 02's turned off by mistake by AJ. Sal continued to help and modify maps to my satisfaction weeks later. Three to be exact. My idle is now 95 rpm above stock, cold start eliminated, rear 02's on and a multitude of other options added without charge. Without question Sal sent me a file when I asked for some tweaks. This was well before I picked up their Airbox.

        Judge a man how he treats the janitor in the elevator and thinks nobody is looking, not when he's kissing ass to the VP or CEO. Point being: Evolve treated my like a 6 or 7 figure customer and all I started with was a measly canned header tune. What sold me on their airbox versus CSL (both egregious in price), was the customer service. Product delivered to my satisfaction and beyond so far. And I still have yet to load a proper Alpha-N tune. It runs pig rich right now but like a raped ape at WOT. I have a dyno tune scheduled with Sal tomorrow morning at 9:15. I will add some dyno sheets later on. This will be my new baseline before a few major part swaps.

        edit: I'm not bitter at all about what transpired. It was a long time ago and its a live and learn situation in my book. Secondly, ESS delivered for the most part with their products. This is part of the game with modifying vehicles. Unfortunately, ESS's product and service was proven inferior many times over in the N/A S54 world.
      1. bigjae1976's Avatar
        bigjae1976 -
        I'm not condoning ESS' approach toward you, I think its wrong. I usually try and test the waters with something small before I spend a significant amount of money with a vendor.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
        I think another tuning company reached a similar level of arrogance a couple of years ago and they now find themselves on a downward slope.
        Who?
      1. bigjae1976's Avatar
        bigjae1976 -
        You're terrible with figuring things out!Click here to enlarge

        Give me an A!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
        You're terrible with figuring things out!Click here to enlarge

        Give me an A!
        No it was only two choice and you said not ESS.
      1. MisterEm's Avatar
        MisterEm -
        Here's a follow up example of Evolve customer service from today.

        Let me explain. We had scheduled a live dyno tune with Salman, at 9:00 am MST time. It should have taken an hour max. However, the video card on the Dyno PC took a dump and we had to run to the computer store to pick up another one. Long story short, we didn't get the rollers warmed up on the dyno until 11:30 am and I had to be back at work for a meeting by 12:30 pm.

        At this point, it was approaching 8:00 pm UK time before we got our first run in. Sal stuck around (mind you - he has a family/children) to read the drf files we finally emailed them (3 hours after we promised the baseline numbers before!). By the time I got the car back to work, Sal had a new file with a more cam overlap, altered ignition targets for the insane altitude here, and an 8,200 rpm limit.

        I was kindly interrupted by my cell phone buzzing at work around 2:45 pm. It's Sal from the UK asking how the car behaved with the Alpha-N tune. Mind you, it is almost 11:00 pm local time across the pond. This is after me putting his schedule through the ringer today with technical difficulties at the dyno facility causing him delays to get home. My wife would have been pissed if I got home three hours late helping out someone 9 timezones away. Top notch service!

        Thanks to all of the Evolve gang, and especially Sal. Witty bugger he is as well.

        Mike
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
        Here's a follow up example of Evolve customer service from today.

        Let me explain. We had scheduled a live dyno tune with Salman, at 9:00 am MST time. It should have taken an hour max. However, the video card on the Dyno PC took a dump and we had to run to the computer store to pick up another one. Long story short, we didn't get the rollers warmed up on the dyno until 11:30 am and I had to be back at work for a meeting by 12:30 pm.

        At this point, it was approaching 8:00 pm UK time before we got our first run in. Sal stuck around (mind you - he has a family/children) to read the drf files we finally emailed them (3 hours after we promised the baseline numbers before!). By the time I got the car back to work, Sal had a new file with a more cam overlap, altered ignition targets for the insane altitude here, and an 8,200 rpm limit.

        I was kindly interrupted by my cell phone buzzing at work around 2:45 pm. It's Sal from the UK asking how the car behaved with the Alpha-N tune. Mind you, it is almost 11:00 pm local time across the pond. This is after me putting his schedule through the ringer today with technical difficulties at the dyno facility causing him delays to get home. My wife would have been pissed if I got home three hours late helping out someone 9 timezones away. Top notch service!

        Thanks to all of the Evolve gang, and especially Sal. Witty bugger he is as well.

        Mike
        Very nice...
      1. PEI330Ci's Avatar
        PEI330Ci -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
        Here's a follow up example of Evolve customer service from today.

        Let me explain. We had scheduled a live dyno tune with Salman, at 9:00 am MST time. It should have taken an hour max. However, the video card on the Dyno PC took a dump and we had to run to the computer store to pick up another one. Long story short, we didn't get the rollers warmed up on the dyno until 11:30 am and I had to be back at work for a meeting by 12:30 pm.

        At this point, it was approaching 8:00 pm UK time before we got our first run in. Sal stuck around (mind you - he has a family/children) to read the drf files we finally emailed them (3 hours after we promised the baseline numbers before!). By the time I got the car back to work, Sal had a new file with a more cam overlap, altered ignition targets for the insane altitude here, and an 8,200 rpm limit.

        I was kindly interrupted by my cell phone buzzing at work around 2:45 pm. It's Sal from the UK asking how the car behaved with the Alpha-N tune. Mind you, it is almost 11:00 pm local time across the pond. This is after me putting his schedule through the ringer today with technical difficulties at the dyno facility causing him delays to get home. My wife would have been pissed if I got home three hours late helping out someone 9 timezones away. Top notch service!

        Thanks to all of the Evolve gang, and especially Sal. Witty bugger he is as well.

        Mike
        That is not the first time I've heard of Evolve doing that!

        Top Notch!
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
        Here's a follow up example of Evolve customer service from today.

        Let me explain. We had scheduled a live dyno tune with Salman, at 9:00 am MST time. It should have taken an hour max. However, the video card on the Dyno PC took a dump and we had to run to the computer store to pick up another one. Long story short, we didn't get the rollers warmed up on the dyno until 11:30 am and I had to be back at work for a meeting by 12:30 pm.

        At this point, it was approaching 8:00 pm UK time before we got our first run in. Sal stuck around (mind you - he has a family/children) to read the drf files we finally emailed them (3 hours after we promised the baseline numbers before!). By the time I got the car back to work, Sal had a new file with a more cam overlap, altered ignition targets for the insane altitude here, and an 8,200 rpm limit.

        I was kindly interrupted by my cell phone buzzing at work around 2:45 pm. It's Sal from the UK asking how the car behaved with the Alpha-N tune. Mind you, it is almost 11:00 pm local time across the pond. This is after me putting his schedule through the ringer today with technical difficulties at the dyno facility causing him delays to get home. My wife would have been pissed if I got home three hours late helping out someone 9 timezones away. Top notch service!

        Thanks to all of the Evolve gang, and especially Sal. Witty bugger he is as well.

        Mike
        Sorry to hear about some of the technical difficulties that delayed things a bit. Sal is a very dedicated and committed individual. Great to hear that everyone shares the same experience with him and Evolve as I have over the many years.

        Thanks again for always being candid and honest with your posts Mike. Posts like these are what can really raise awareness amidst this very cloudy industry!
      1. bigjae1976's Avatar
        bigjae1976 -
        I think I know where I'm getting my E90 tune from.Click here to enlarge
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
        I think I know where I'm getting my E90 tune from.Click here to enlarge
        Trust me, you will enjoy it! My E90 M3 sounds so much cooler with the Evolve tune because of the different VANOS and Cam Timing...haha.
      1. MisterEm's Avatar
        MisterEm -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
        That is not the first time I've heard of Evolve doing that! Top Notch!
        That is great to hear.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        Sorry to hear about some of the technical difficulties that delayed things a bit. Sal is a very dedicated and committed individual. Great to hear that everyone shares the same experience with him and Evolve as I have over the many years.

        Thanks again for always being candid and honest with your posts Mike. Posts like these are what can really raise awareness amidst this very cloudy industry!
        No worries. Trying to learn and share what I've fingered out over the years.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
        I think I know where I'm getting my E90 tune from.Click here to enlarge
        Don't hesitate. They know their sheeet!
      1. normcaldwell's Avatar
        normcaldwell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        P.S. We have to ask Norm to join here since he's technically the one who owns a 'boosted bimmer'
        among the three of us, haha
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Who's Norm?
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        A friend of MisterEm and I. He recently got an ESS VT2-500 for his E46 M3. MisterEm and I tempt him
        to buy cool things for his car, haha....or maybe he tempts us, not sure.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
        Norm has one of the most well executed 46M's I have ever seen. Performance and aesthetics. Cliff
        notes: 2006 CB/Cinnamon. No sunroof 6MT. TCK D/As. Stoptechs all around. SS v1 headers with race cats. 18" square Arc-8's
        with PSS tires. OE CSL bootlid. I am sure I missed some of the other upgrades as well. It is certainly hard-driven and not
        hard parked! Norm is a very smart and nice guy to boot.
        Hey guys; checking in. Finally got over to bimmerboost.
        My first exposure to this forum was Sticky's excellent thread on the S54 / S65 comparison, which helped me decide to empty my wallet on a forced induction kit for the S54!
        No regrets.

        Mike, Alex, thank you for the compliments. You guys are more experienced and knowledgeable than I am, by a mile, and I appreciate your input and communications. I am a fan of the E46 M3, and with the mods Mike listed, plus a 3.91 diff, the car is a treat to drive every time. It's at 91,500 miles, a daily driver year 'round. It's you guys fault that I now have SS V1 stepped / HJS catted section 1 instead of the Euro headers and cats, ha ha. Looking forward to the next dyno with Sal to see if we can surpass 440 rwhp SAE.

        Mike, your ESS software experience reminded me of a somewhat similar experience in 2010. At that time, I had the Shark injector with the NA stock airbox setup. I specifically asked AJ and Roman if I should return the ECU to stock or send it to them still with the Shark file (this was before E-Flash was available). AJ said no problem, send it as is with the Shark file. So, I did. About a month after I had the ESS software, I had reason to use my cruise control. It didn't work. By then I had also noted a lurch at about 2,100 RPM during deceleration. The cruise worked before with the Shark
        (and with stock as well). The ESS folks insisted that nothing was wrong with the software; it must be a new hardware issue. So, I spent several hundred dollars in doing elimination tests. No hardware issues, including cruise control related switches on steering wheel, brake, and clutch pedals. AJ insisted it couldn't be the software. Having had enough of the back-n-forth, I had a dealer flash the ECU to stock U.S. spec.
        You can guess the rest of the story. Cruise worked, and no more lurching. AJ then offered to re-flash the ECU. I declined. The next year I learned about Evolve.

        The ESS VT2-500 hardware is pretty good. At the Denver altitude, 5,300 ft MSL, I use a smaller s/c pulley to get the airflow closer to the kit's advertised boost. The Evolve tune reduces valve overlap and produces smoother driveability than any other software I've used so far. I have over 10,000 miles on the kit (91k miles overall), and the car has never run better.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
        Hey guys; checking in. Finally got over to bimmerboost.
        My first exposure to this forum was Sticky's excellent thread on the S54 / S65 comparison, which helped me decide to empty my wallet on a forced induction kit for the S54!
        No regrets.

        Mike, Alex, thank you for the compliments. You guys are more experienced and knowledgeable than I am, by a mile, and I appreciate your input and communications. I am a fan of the E46 M3, and with the mods Mike listed, plus a 3.91 diff, the car is a treat to drive every time. It's at 91,500 miles, a daily driver year 'round. It's you guys fault that I now have SS V1 stepped / HJS catted section 1 instead of the Euro headers and cats, ha ha. Looking forward to the next dyno with Sal to see if we can surpass 440 rwhp SAE.

        Mike, your ESS software experience reminded me of a somewhat similar experience in 2010. At that time, I had the Shark injector with the NA stock airbox setup. I specifically asked AJ and Roman if I should return the ECU to stock or send it to them still with the Shark file (this was before E-Flash was available). AJ said no problem, send it as is with the Shark file. So, I did. About a month after I had the ESS software, I had reason to use my cruise control. It didn't work. By then I had also noted a lurch at about 2,100 RPM during deceleration. The cruise worked before with the Shark
        (and with stock as well). The ESS folks insisted that nothing was wrong with the software; it must be a new hardware issue. So, I spent several hundred dollars in doing elimination tests. No hardware issues, including cruise control related switches on steering wheel, brake, and clutch pedals. AJ insisted it couldn't be the software. Having had enough of the back-n-forth, I had a dealer flash the ECU to stock U.S. spec.
        You can guess the rest of the story. Cruise worked, and no more lurching. AJ then offered to re-flash the ECU. I declined. The next year I learned about Evolve.

        The ESS VT2-500 hardware is pretty good. At the Denver altitude, 5,300 ft MSL, I use a smaller s/c pulley to get the airflow closer to the kit's advertised boost. The Evolve tune reduces valve overlap and produces smoother driveability than any other software I've used so far. I have over 10,000 miles on the kit (91k miles overall), and the car has never run better.
        Welcome to good ole' Bimmerboost Click here to enlarge

        It's been a blast shooting ideas back and forth among @MisterEm, yourself, and I. It's always fun tempting one another to do lightweight mods to our wallets and bank accounts, haha.

        I really am pleased to hear that you also gave Evolve a chance in both your former NA and now FI setups! I can't wait to see what type of numbers you put down with the bigger and better headers Click here to enlarge

        When you have time, you should definitely post up a thread about your beast!!
      1. MisterEm's Avatar
        MisterEm -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
        Hey guys; checking in. Finally got over to bimmerboost.
        My first exposure to this forum was Sticky's excellent thread on the S54 / S65 comparison, which helped me decide to empty my wallet on a forced induction kit for the S54!
        No regrets.

        Mike, Alex, thank you for the compliments. You guys are more experienced and knowledgeable than I am, by a mile, and I appreciate your input and communications. I am a fan of the E46 M3, and with the mods Mike listed, plus a 3.91 diff, the car is a treat to drive every time. It's at 91,500 miles, a daily driver year 'round. It's you guys fault that I now have SS V1 stepped / HJS catted section 1 instead of the Euro headers and cats, ha ha. Looking forward to the next dyno with Sal to see if we can surpass 440 rwhp SAE.

        Mike, your ESS software experience reminded me of a somewhat similar experience in 2010. At that time, I had the Shark injector with the NA stock airbox setup. I specifically asked AJ and Roman if I should return the ECU to stock or send it to them still with the Shark file (this was before E-Flash was available). AJ said no problem, send it as is with the Shark file. So, I did. About a month after I had the ESS software, I had reason to use my cruise control. It didn't work. By then I had also noted a lurch at about 2,100 RPM during deceleration. The cruise worked before with the Shark
        (and with stock as well). The ESS folks insisted that nothing was wrong with the software; it must be a new hardware issue. So, I spent several hundred dollars in doing elimination tests. No hardware issues, including cruise control related switches on steering wheel, brake, and clutch pedals. AJ insisted it couldn't be the software. Having had enough of the back-n-forth, I had a dealer flash the ECU to stock U.S. spec.
        You can guess the rest of the story. Cruise worked, and no more lurching. AJ then offered to re-flash the ECU. I declined. The next year I learned about Evolve.

        The ESS VT2-500 hardware is pretty good. At the Denver altitude, 5,300 ft MSL, I use a smaller s/c pulley to get the airflow closer to the kit's advertised boost. The Evolve tune reduces valve overlap and produces smoother driveability than any other software I've used so far. I have over 10,000 miles on the kit (91k miles overall), and the car has never run better.
        Sweet deal Norm! We both were taken to the cleaners by ESS with no courtesy "reach-around." My favorite part of Bboost, is I can post a thread comparing an ESS tune versus Evolve without it getting deleted. What a concept!! Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        Welcome to good ole' Bimmerboost Click here to enlarge

        It's been a blast shooting ideas back and forth among @MisterEm, yourself, and I. It's always fun tempting one another to do lightweight mods to our wallets and bank accounts, haha.

        I really am pleased to hear that you also gave Evolve a chance in both your former NA and now FI setups! I can't wait to see what type of numbers you put down with the bigger and better headers Click here to enlarge

        When you have time, you should definitely post up a thread about your beast!!
        Alex's modification advice has killed my 3 year old son's chance of Dad paying his way through an Ivy league school. I will send him your way in 15 years! All kidding aside, I've learned a lot from Alex and Norm. I've been forced to eat crow on a couple of occasions!

        Welcome!
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
        I think I know where I'm getting my E90 tune from.Click here to enlarge
        I LOVED mine. you wont regret it. I often want to flash that as the base tune for my car and load the s/c tune on top of it due to how smooth it is

        http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...65-Tune-review
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        I LOVED mine. you wont regret it. I often want to flash that as the base tune for my car and load the s/c tune on top of it due to how smooth it is

        http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...65-Tune-review
        Why not just have Evolve custom tune your VT1-535+ Click here to enlarge
      1. MisterEm's Avatar
        MisterEm -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        Why not just have Evolve custom tune your VT1-535+ Click here to enlarge
        That would really get the ESS fanboy's panties all in a bunch.

        Better yet.... run the ESS on the dyno full tilt. Flash Sal's evolve tune over it and admire the delta. Click here to enlarge
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Id rather abstain from promoting more drama. the forums are rife with enough of it already.