Close

    • Maximum PSI (Max PSI) S54 / E46 M3 entry level turbo kit tuned on stock ECU/DME nearing completion, 467 wheel horsepower

      The E46 M3 turbo market does not have a large amount of competition but that may be changing shortly. Maximum PSI in New Jersey has been working on an entry level turbo kit for almost a year now and is seeing nice results putting down 467.9 wheel horsepower a nice increase from their preliminary 439 wheel horsepower dyno. What is significant here is not the power but the tuning on the stock ECU/DME and the entry level price point.

      Tuning is being handled by Technique Tuning whose owner is the only person to have a successful turbo kit for E46's thus far tuned on the stock DME. NickG as he is known has produced kits for M54 based vehicles and is arguably the best tuner to make this S54 kit happen on the stock DME. It is not easy as many tuners have failed attempting to do the same.

      Dyno is on 93 octane fuel. Turbo is a Precision 6266CEA.

      This is an absolutely incredible development for the S54 market and if NickG and Maximum PSI pull this off, major respect from the BMW tuning community is warranted. Good luck to all involved! Pictures below.

















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Maximum PSI (Max PSI) S54 / E46 M3 entry level turbo kit tuned on stock ECU/DME nearing completion, 467 wheel horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 150 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Here's a dyno.

        Details:
        - first production customer's kit
        - 2004 M3 6-spd
        - stock engine, reflashed ECU software
        - 93 octane fuel
        - no cat (3" downpipe/section 1), stock section 2, aftermarket rear muffler
        - 8psi boost
        - done on a Superflow dyno (this dyno typically reads 5-6% less than a
        Dynojet)

        Attachment 23318
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        That is one great looking graph!

        Awesome work MaximumPSI and NickG!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        That is one great looking graph!

        Awesome work MaximumPSI and NickG!
        I like what I see but I much prefer to see dynojet graphs. Need to see the air/fuel as well.

        For 8 psi though and pump gas, about 500 wheel horsepower is very respectable and quite nice.
      1. daemonicus's Avatar
        daemonicus -
        is MaxPSI still waiting on getting some test mules on the road first before rolling into full retail production? and if so, how long will it be before this kit becomes "official"?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daemonicus Click here to enlarge
        is MaxPSI still waiting on getting some test mules on the road first before rolling into full retail production? and if so, how long will it be before this kit becomes "official"?
        Well that's a dyno from a customer car so I'd say this is pretty much ready to go. They likely are taking care of local guys first and probably already have interest from people.
      1. import36's Avatar
        import36 -
        that looks great NickG....i read somewhere you guys now have an SMG in the shop...that's what i have so i look forward to your updates on that car. keep up the great work...like Sticky said...500whp at only 8psi is pretty nice and to be honest would be enough for me on this car!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
        .i read somewhere you guys now have an SMG in the shop...that's what i have so i look forward to your updates on that car.
        Same, want to see the SMG work.
      1. NickG's Avatar
        NickG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
        that looks great NickG....i read somewhere you guys now have an SMG in the shop...that's what i have so i look forward to your updates on that car. keep up the great work...like Sticky said...500whp at only 8psi is pretty nice and to be honest would be enough for me on this car!
        Yes, an SMG car is at Maximum PSI getting the kit installed as well as other items (subframe reinforcement, etc.). I can't wait to hear how that car feels on the street with the turbo kit Click here to enlarge
      1. Crackers's Avatar
        Crackers -
        Very Nice résult
      1. JohnBlaze's Avatar
        JohnBlaze -
        how much power does the catted downpipe lose in comparison?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBlaze Click here to enlarge
        how much power does the catted downpipe lose in comparison?
        good question.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Here's a dyno.

        Details:
        - first production customer's kit
        - 2004 M3 6-spd
        - stock engine, reflashed ECU software
        - 93 octane fuel
        - no cat (3" downpipe/section 1), stock section 2, aftermarket rear muffler
        - 8psi boost
        - done on a Superflow dyno (this dyno typically reads 5-6% less than a
        Dynojet)

        Attachment 23318
        What does this equal to on a dynojet?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        What does this equal to on a dynojet?
        Um... read the description.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Um... read the description.
        It would be great to see an exact dynojet read out instead of a guess.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        It would be great to see an exact dynojet read out instead of a guess.
        You have to ask Nick G and Max PSI then.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You have to ask Nick G and Max PSI then.
        Nah its a given. A standard in the industry. All in time/timing.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        oo and Happy New Year. Lets get it right this year.
      1. normcaldwell's Avatar
        normcaldwell -
        An intriguing kit; got a couple of questions.

        1. Can the kit be tuned to run on 91 AKI fuel? That's the best piss I can get in Colorado.
        2. Can you post pics of the underside where the charge pipe is? I'd like to see where it is relative to the existing control arm/suspension height.
        3. Can you post pics of where the air filter is located?

        Thanks, Norm
      1. M3ntal's Avatar
        M3ntal -
        Nice work Mike R. and Nick G. Mike, I saw you at atco the day it got rained out not too long ago. Bummer I didnt get to see it go down the track.

        I had a Technique tuning kit on my e36 back in the day. It was a trouble free kit. Mike R also is a stand up guy. He helped me out with my car when a intake pipe collapsed on itself killing my power... Spent a good amount of diagnosing and fixing it for me and barely charged me anything.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Great work and numbers. Lets see some pics of the parts and kit installed.