Close

    • Maximum PSI (Max PSI) S54 / E46 M3 entry level turbo kit tuned on stock ECU/DME nearing completion, 467 wheel horsepower

      The E46 M3 turbo market does not have a large amount of competition but that may be changing shortly. Maximum PSI in New Jersey has been working on an entry level turbo kit for almost a year now and is seeing nice results putting down 467.9 wheel horsepower a nice increase from their preliminary 439 wheel horsepower dyno. What is significant here is not the power but the tuning on the stock ECU/DME and the entry level price point.

      Tuning is being handled by Technique Tuning whose owner is the only person to have a successful turbo kit for E46's thus far tuned on the stock DME. NickG as he is known has produced kits for M54 based vehicles and is arguably the best tuner to make this S54 kit happen on the stock DME. It is not easy as many tuners have failed attempting to do the same.

      Dyno is on 93 octane fuel. Turbo is a Precision 6266CEA.

      This is an absolutely incredible development for the S54 market and if NickG and Maximum PSI pull this off, major respect from the BMW tuning community is warranted. Good luck to all involved! Pictures below.

















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Maximum PSI (Max PSI) S54 / E46 M3 entry level turbo kit tuned on stock ECU/DME nearing completion, 467 wheel horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 150 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
        I got this test ride on a whim. He simply made an open invitation to ANY body in the Greater FTL area, and I took him up on it.
        I am not even in the market for something like this. Not enough power ultimately for me. But I still was impressed with the simplicity, fast spool and IMO, much superior performance to a Super Charger.
        It could be the perfect first FI kit for many owners.

        I see the potential of an E85 version of this (no word of this version yet) being something that would satisfy even die hard power junkies.
        The spool was nothing short of astounding. I can only report what I saw in one brief test ride.

        Long term reliability, ease of installation, customer service are all other CRUCIAL factors that hinge on the success of this product. I cant comment on any of those other factors.

        Having a kit that works well is a good START, anyways! Click here to enlarge

        Mike seemed to me to be an intelligent, passionate guy with a real vision and goal in mind. I wish him the best of luck. I liked his attitude, that I can say.

        Sticky, thanks for letting me share my experience with this kit.
        Thank you for sharing it, nice to get some feedback from people who have experience with it.
      1. Bdave's Avatar
        Bdave -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Thank you for sharing it, nice to get some feedback from people who have experience with it.
        Sticky, so far, my limited exposure to your forum has been very positive IMO. I am quite curious why it is not more popular...ie, more members and more discussion on great, well written, interesting threads in this FI section for S54 motors. Not all threads here are duplicated else where.

        I have been trying to let many of my buddies know about some great threads going on over here.
        If just a few others could do the same thing....well, that would be great! I would like to see just a few more different voices over here. The more the better. Everyone has a different way of looking at the same subject. That is why forums (generally! can be great LOL)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, so far, my limited exposure to your forum has been very positive IMO. I am quite curious why it is not more popular...ie, more members and more discussion on great, well written, interesting threads in this FI section for S54 motors. Not all threads here are duplicated else where.
        Well it's actually getting pretty popular. But in comparison to the other sites this one is much younger.

        Secondly, this site isn't allowed to be mentioned on some of the other sites. So people have a tough time finding it. The smart guys are already here though and that keeps the quality level pretty high.

        Some people also just don't like me and won't even give the site a chance instead wishing for it to not do well. Those that do though, they like it. It stands on its quality and content level which nobody else matches IMO.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bdave Click here to enlarge
        I have been trying to let many of my buddies know about some great threads going on over here.
        If just a few others could do the same thing....well, that would be great! I would like to see just a few more different voices over here. The more the better. Everyone has a different way of looking at the same subject. That is why forums (generally! can be great LOL)
        I agree. Trust me, the numbers keep going up across the board. I guess I just need to work harder.
      1. TrippinBimmer's Avatar
        TrippinBimmer -
        I would like to Congrats Mike@maximumpsi and NickG! Great work!

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
        So did Maximum PSI Click here to enlarge
        I will too for my ms45 tune!!! Click here to enlarge
      1. normcaldwell's Avatar
        normcaldwell -
        Looking forward to more updates and pics on this product!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
        Looking forward to more updates and pics on this product!
        We all are...
      1. ar design's Avatar
        ar design -
        I hear good things Click here to enlarge
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        for those interested, just seen some good updates on another forum
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        for those interested, just seen some good updates on another forum
        So copy and paste them?
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        nope. they advertise on the forums they want, and those forums deserve the viewers.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        nope. they advertise on the forums they want, and those forums deserve the viewers.
        LOL! http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...-with-race-gas
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -

        He's just 2 hrs late to the party
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        I was earlier than you guys. Keep copying and pasting from other forums, and you'll always be second best.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        I was earlier than you guys. Keep copying and pasting from other forums, and you'll always be second best.
        You mean keep detailing the entire aftermarket landscape and not having a narrow focus? This place already is the best and has been for a while now. Probably because you don't have to jump around to tons of sites to get info. Oh, and last I checked, your "best" forum is missing a ton of what is covered here.

        Let me know when you do any better, you never will Click here to enlarge
      1. mdog's Avatar
        mdog -
        Good to see even though some folks wear big boy pants they still like to act like 8 year olds.
        This place has been a great place to learn. And so far as I can tell they're not pushing one company over another yada yada yada.
      1. JohnBlaze's Avatar
        JohnBlaze -
        This kit and the ESS SC are front running options for me if I step up. Can't wait to hear more feedback from people that actually travel this path.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBlaze Click here to enlarge
        This kit and the ESS SC are front running options for me if I step up. Can't wait to hear more feedback from people that actually travel this path.
        Still a little ways from being done.
      1. import36's Avatar
        import36 -
        any new updates? has the new manifold been tested yet to see if it yields better results?
      1. NickG's Avatar
        NickG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by import36 Click here to enlarge
        any new updates? has the new manifold been tested yet to see if it yields better results?
        The first customer's car was completed and picked up last week using the new tubular manifold. The results were better than we hoped Click here to enlarge With Sticky's permission, I'll post up the dyno graph.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
        With Sticky's permission, I'll post up the dyno graph.
        Your account won't let you but feel free to e-mail it: admin@germanboost.com