Close

    • Warning to all S63TU engine owners (2013 F10 M5 and F12/F13 M6) - BMW stops sales and issues recall of faulty oil pump

      The new S63tu motor puts out a ton of power in the new M5 and M6 motors but that power is useless if oil starvation grenades the engine. BMW issued an immediate stop sales notice on the new cars until the faulty oil pumps are replaced. Everyone who has the S63TU engine is affected (X6M and X5M owners are fine) and a sudden loss of pressure from the oil pump could lead to an engine failure.

      It is recommended to not drive the car, even to the dealer, and have it towed in once a fix is available. In the mean time we would recommend owners get a loaner from their dealer and have the dealer pay to tow the vehicle in for a pump replacement once it is available. No new F10 M5's or F12/F13 M6's will be sold in the mean time.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Warning to all S63TU engine owners (2013 F10 M5 and F12/F13 M6) - BMW stops sales and issues recall of faulty oil pump started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Damn..
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Lol sooo looks like they have no fix atm
      1. E90Company's Avatar
        E90Company -
        Wow.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        lol they issue this $#@! but wont issue it on the sale of N54s with the crap HPFP?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        lol they issue this $#@! but wont issue it on the sale of N54s with the crap HPFP?
        Well a fuel pump dying won't kill the motor or else they would to save themselves money in warranty payments. This is more important to them due to the effect it could have on the bottom line not to mention the embarrassment of engine failures.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Bmw always seems to have a problem with oil pumps...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
        Bmw always seems to have a problem with oil pumps...
        I know... wonder why?
      1. car-fan's Avatar
        car-fan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I know... wonder why?
        Heard this today from my SA first the the HPFP issues now this... Click here to enlarge I guess the X6M/X5M motors with their slightly different configuration are safe for now....

        I can't imagine the feeling of getting a call from my CA telling me it has been advised by BMW to not drive my carClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by car-fan Click here to enlarge
        I can't imagine the feeling of getting a call from my CA telling me it has been advised by BMW to not drive my car
        I mean you can, you just might lose your motor. Best to not drive it to avoid any potential situations.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by car-fan Click here to enlarge
        Heard this today from my SA first the the HPFP issues now this... Click here to enlarge I guess the X6M/X5M motors with their slightly different configuration are safe for now....

        I can't imagine the feeling of getting a call from my CA telling me it has been advised by BMW to not drive my carClick here to enlarge
        So I wonder how BMW will feel about making your car payments on a vehicle you can't drive?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
        So I wonder how BMW will feel about making your car payments on a vehicle you can't drive?
        Definitely something to bring up with the dealer. Get as much as you can out of them.

        I'd have a new loaner everyday until I try everything in the lineup.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Definitely something to bring up with the dealer. Get as much as you can out of them.

        I'd have a new loaner everyday until I try everything in the lineup.
        Not a bad idea lol