Close

    • Weistec updates M156 supercharger offering to Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, and 50 State Legal setups with price drops

      The Weistec M156 Stage I, Stage II, Stage III, and 50 State legal CARB certified supercharger offering for the naturally aspirated 63 AMG motors has been updated along with price drops. Weistec officially announces the Stage 3 system as well which includes the updated 3.0 liter twin screw blower. The Stage III setup is capable of 1000 horsepower but of course without a built motor including forged pistons and rods the motor will not reach this output.

      Stage I

      Let's start with the Stage I whose price is now $12,999.99 and rated at 534 wheel horsepower and 560 pound-feet of wheel torque:

      Key Features:


      • 2.3L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
      • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
      • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
      • Billet Aluminum Direct Drive Cradle System
      • Supercharger Serpentine Drive Belt
      • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
      • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
      • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
      • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
      • High Flow Fuel Rail System
      • Molded Silicone Couplers
      • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
      • Weistec Engineering Stage 1 Supercharger System ECU Reflash



      Stage II

      If the Stage I is not enough power (and when is it ever enough power?) the Stage II is available for the same price of $12,999.99 which should make it fairly easy for one to choose this Stage for a bit more power and torque over the Stage I:

      Key Features:


      • 2.3L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
      • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
      • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
      • Billet Aluminum Direct Drive Cradle System
      • Supercharger Serpentine Drive Belt
      • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
      • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
      • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
      • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
      • High Flow Fuel Rail System
      • Molded Silicone Couplers
      • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
      • Weistec Engineering Stage 2 Supercharger System ECU Reflash



      Stage III

      Here is the big boy Stage III featuring the 3.0 liter twin screw upgrade from the 2.3 liter. Power output on stock internals for this stage is 630 wheel horsepower. This is good for just under a 100 wheel horsepower gain on top of the Stage II. And at a price of $15,780.99 it is difficult to not encourage someone in the market to pay the difference and step up to the largest power offering possible on the stock internals with room to grow with built internals should one desire it. And with there never being enough horsepower this is definitely a smart way to go with future growth in mind.

      Key Features:


      • 3.0L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
      • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
      • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
      • 8-Rib Direct Drive Belt System
      • SFI Approved Light Weight 8-Rib Crank Damper
      • Crank Pin Drill Tool
      • Billet Aluminum Direct Drive Cradle System
      • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
      • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
      • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
      • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
      • High Flow Fuel Rail System
      • High Capacity Fuel Injectors
      • Molded Silicone Couplers
      • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
      • Weistec Engineering Stage 3 Supercharger System ECU Reflash




      50 State CARB Legal:

      If one is concerned about emissions and the environment (the responsible AMG owner) there is also the 50 State Legal system which is CARB certified. It does offer the least amount of power but is safe for the environment and compliant with emissions laws which certainly is important. This setup will provide "only" 501 wheel horsepower which certainly is more than enough for the vast majority of 63 AMG owners who wish to simply supercharge and not have to worry about emissions legality or testing. Pricing is $13,499.99.

      Key Features:


      • 2.3L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
      • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
      • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
      • Constant Mu, Delta Pressure (CMDP) Cog Drive System
      • Billet Aluminum Cog Drive Cradle Assembly
      • Poly Chain GT Carbon Fiber Cog Belt
      • Supercharger Serpentine Drive Belt
      • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
      • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
      • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
      • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
      • High Flow Fuel Rail System
      • Molded Silicone Couplers
      • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
      • Weistec Engineering ECU Reflash (CARB E.O. D-691)



      Quick overview of all the Weistec M156 supercharger systems:


      By dropping prices and expanding the product offering Weistec proves it is well aware of the economic climate remaining very competitive and assertive offering multiple packages depending on customer desire and needs. Weistec is able to cater to any M156 owner and the dollar per horsepower ratio here is hard to argue against and naturally aspirated M156 motors simply will not be able to match the power, torque, and potential of these supercharger setups. Congratulations to Weistec for adjusting to the market and continuing to raise the bar.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec updates M156 supercharger offering to Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, and 50 State Legal setups with price drops started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 60 Comments
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Uh... you aren't even buying this product or in the market.
        So i shouldn't ask questions or state my opinion?
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not to mention the trans worked fine for up to a Stage 2 plus. Have you experienced the car?
        With a centri they would work better. Do you really want to tell me a centri isn't better for drivetrain or internals? You know better than me that with a centri they can make even more rwhp without building trans. What's wrong with having more power without building trans?
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You are making design decisions from across the globe when you haven't developed a supercharger for any 63 AMG vehicle.
        I haven't so as you.
        But it isn't a rocket science to predict a centri's influences on M156, or is it? M156 is an engine just like S52, Modular V8 and LS3.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Discuss it in a thread that isn't a Weistec product release as it's rude and disrespectful
        I don't see how i'm rude. I just asked if they had plans for a centri kit and you came and started you don't know we know game. I wasn't rude by any means.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        As of today, Weistec has the most comprehensive offering for the M156 and nobody else is even close. You might think you know better... but you don't.
        I don't know why you bring this everytime i mention centrifugal option for M156. NOBODY IS SAYING IT WEISTEC PRODUCTS AREN'T GREAT. at least not me. I love what they did and do so don't think that i'm trying to disrespect them. Look at post #32. If they had any problems with my post, they would respond differently. But you make it look like i tried to downgrade their products and bring your famous i know you don't know thing.

        My last post in this thread. Feel free to delete, move or anything you want. @Weistec i apologize again.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        So i shouldn't ask questions or state my opinion?
        Go ahead and state your opinion but asking for a centrifugal when you aren't in the market does not make too much sense.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        With a centri they would work better. Do you really want to tell me a centri isn't better for drivetrain or internals? You know better than me that with a centri they can make even more rwhp without building trans. What's wrong with having more power without building trans?
        Work better is a bit erroneous. Will a centri produce less torque down low? Yes. And?

        You only need to worry about the drivetrain once going past a certain power level at which point driveline upgrades are available. Even with a centri you can reach this point as well.

        Nothing is wrong with more peak power (which comes with a sacrifice for torque down low and power under the curve) but they aren't doing a centrifugal so mentioning it when they are discussing the products they do develop is a bit rude and in poor taste.

        You create a product and I tell you to develop a different product in your announcement, you don't see the problem?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        I don't see how i'm rude.
        I just explained it to you.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        My last post in this thread.
        Ok, good, you can discuss centrifugal M156 motors in a thread on that topic.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        For the record, no company or shop here. Just one guy in a 2 car garage. I'm a forced induction nerd and I know it (especially positive displacement superchargers) inside and out and have optimized them so well that I have made a 1.9L headunit perform BETTER than a 2.3L headunit in some applications.

        I suspect the reason that Weistec was short with me is that I have asked for technical data on their headunits a few times over on MBWorld and gotten nothing so he assumes that I am a troll, which I am not. I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products around here, could be wrong though. I'm not the type to fork over the cash without fully knowing what I am buying, especially with the price tag attached to this kit.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products around here, could be wrong though.
        You are very, very wrong.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You are very, very wrong.
        Then I would love to see the technical data on the two head units in the OP. Dyno numbers are not technical data.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        Then I would love to see the technical data on the two head units in the OP. Dyno numbers are not technical data.
        Whether Weistec chooses to disclose this is up to them.

        Business decisions a single tuner decides to make are not reflective of technical discussion as a whole on this network of forums. Additionally, being a new member and basically demanding info likely won't get you the warmest response.

        I suggest before coming to premature conclusions or expect having demands satisfied you spend some time acclimating to the environment.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        For the record, no company or shop here. Just one guy in a 2 car garage. I'm a forced induction nerd and I know it (especially positive displacement superchargers) inside and out and have optimized them so well that I have made a 1.9L headunit perform BETTER than a 2.3L headunit in some applications.

        I suspect the reason that Weistec was short with me is that I have asked for technical data on their headunits a few times over on MBWorld and gotten nothing so he assumes that I am a troll, which I am not. I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products around here, could be wrong though. I'm not the type to fork over the cash without fully knowing what I am buying, especially with the price tag attached to this kit.
        So using this analogy you would want me to explain all tax pronouncements in the various jurisdictions before you would have me look after your international tax planning? Or perhaps you would wish to speak to the actuary as to how he/she came up with mortality tables before buying a product through their company? What a supplier chooses to share with a person who has just walked off the street is likely going to be more limited than a customer who is in the market.

        No offence but to me you have come onto this forum and your first post comes across as argumentative so I don't really know why you would think Weistec would share anything with you.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        So using this analogy you would want me to explain all tax pronouncements in the various jurisdictions before you would have me look after your international tax planning? Or perhaps you would wish to speak to the actuary as to how he/she came up with mortality tables before buying a product through their company? What a supplier chooses to share with a person who has just walked off the street is likely going to be more limited than a customer who is in the market.

        No offence but to me you have come onto this forum and your first post comes across as argumentative so I don't really know why you would think Weistec would share anything with you.
        The local electronics store tells me the difference between two TV's of the same manufacturer. The local dealership tells me the difference between the C and E class and it's not just "one is bigger". I don't see why that's such an odd request from a prospective buyer. Wouldn't you want your customer to be educated so that he/she could make a proper decision?

        It's not like this is top secret info either, anyone that owns one of these can get that data fairly easily.

        Most all major supercharger manufacturers have this data publicly and EVERY turbo manufacturer does.

        http://whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?ProdID=1162
        http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...ers/PCT_221787
        etc
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        The local electronics store tells me the difference between two TV's of the same manufacturer. The local dealership tells me the difference between the C and E class and it's not just "one is bigger". I don't see why that's such an odd request from a prospective buyer.
        It's not an odd question and they haven't responded but the point is they don't have to reveal all details.

        Yes, it's easy to get compressor details.

        The thing is they may not want to reveal details that compromise their advantage. It's up to them to decide. The dealer doesn't have to tell you what they pay their employees, their margins, how many cars they ordered, what the guy just before you paid, etc., even though this may help you make a better decision.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The dealer doesn't have to tell you what they pay their employees, their margins, how many cars they ordered, what the guy just before you paid, etc., even though this may help you make a better decision.
        I'm not asking about their business practices though, I'm asking about the product for sale.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        I'm not asking about their business practices though, I'm asking about the product for sale.
        How is the product for sale not a part of business practice? Look, give them a chance a to respond and see what they say. I'm not a Wesitec mind reader although I am saying there are good reasons for not revealing every technical detail. It's not exactly even realistic to expect it.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        How is the product for sale not a part of business practice? Look, give them a chance a to respond and see what they say. I'm not a Wesitec mind reader although I am saying there are good reasons for not revealing every technical detail. It's not exactly even realistic to expect it.
        I'm not asking how much their cost is, how many they have available, or how they are made here.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        Then I would love to see the technical data on the two head units in the OP. Dyno numbers are not technical data.
        Most actual buyers of these products at these prices are not too concerned about the technically intricate details of the kit. It's not like TV's where the options are endless. They look at the dyno charts and if they are happy with the produced power they buy the kit accordingly. It's not like us buyers feel like we are building a space shuttle.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        Most actual buyers of these products at these prices are not too concerned about the technically intricate details of the kit. It's not like TV's where the options are endless. They look at the dyno charts and if they are happy with the produced power they buy the kit accordingly. It's not like us buyers feel like we are building a space shuttle.
        This was my assumption about most buyers that Sticky said was incorrect on the previous page.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        This was my assumption about most buyers that Sticky said was incorrect on the previous page.
        No what I said you were incorrect about was the level of technical discussion on this forum. When involving my name in something please get it right.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        I get the impression that the majority of people do not look for technical info on products
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        Most actual buyers of these products at these prices are not too concerned about the technically intricate details
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No what I said you were incorrect about was the level of technical discussion on this forum. When involving my name in something please get it right.
        Still waiting for technical discussion in this thread. So far I've been the antagonist for bringing it up.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        Still waiting for technical discussion in this thread. So far I've been the antagonist for bringing it up.
        So take the direct suggestion from sticky and start a new thread. For someone who is self professed to be very technically proficient, your comprehension sucks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        Still waiting for technical discussion in this thread. So far I've been the antagonist for bringing it up.
        Well we are all lucky to have you here apparently. Please create a thread with your specific questions and respect this one regarding the product lineup/announcement.
      1. ArthurJGuy's Avatar
        ArthurJGuy -
        I can read the hint just as easily as I can chose to not take it. The odds of getting answers here are better than having a new thread go ignored just as the others are.

        By the way I asked the actual manufacturer of the head unit ONE time and got everything I needed to know, the data that I had requested is all public from here on out. It is a Whipple headunit just like I asked Weistec about days ago.

        Attachment 21276
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        The odds of getting answers here are better than having a new thread go ignored just as the others are.
        What threads are ignored? What are you talking about? Every thread is answered and has responses, I make sure no thread is left without any response.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy Click here to enlarge
        By the way I asked the actual manufacturer of the head unit ONE time and got everything I needed to know, the data that I had requested is all public from here on out. It is a Whipple headunit just like I asked Weistec about days ago.
        Yay, good job. Now can this thread please get back on topic? As I already told you if you want to discuss these other aspects or have other questions create a thread for it. I have no idea why you are so difficult or why you are having trouble understanding.