Close

    • Cobb Stage 2 tuned BMW 335i races a tuned Boss Mustang 5.0 from a stop

      Here we have three runs between a Cobb Stage 2 tuned BMW 335i and a tuned Boss Mustang from a stop. The first run has both cars approaching a light and the Boss gets on it first and pulls steadily away. On the second run there appears to be some miscommunication during the honks and the 335i gets a large jump with the Boss being unable to run it down. The third run seems to be the cleanest with a nice launch from the 335i but the Boss makes up ground before the 335i lets off.

      The Mustang seems to be the faster car up top but we are unsure what mods are on it or if the 335i has any additional bolt ons. Both are definitely quick and the Mustang's V8 sounds great.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Cobb 335i vs Boss Mustang Street Race started by LostMarine View original post
      Comments 55 Comments
      1. Laloosh's Avatar
        Laloosh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        still waiting on a rematch in this summer.. well fall now, heat Click here to enlarge
        You won't get a rematch anytime soon unless you somehow end up in my driveway lol, still slammed with the house work. Plus your supercharged now so what do expect to see exactly?
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
        You won't get a rematch anytime soon unless you somehow end up in my driveway lol, still slammed with the house work. Plus your supercharged now so what do expect to see exactly?
        take car of the house first

        i dont know what to expect, thats why im curious, im only 2 mph ahead of you so far, but i just wanna have some fun and hopefully avenge a loss Click here to enlarge
      1. Laloosh's Avatar
        Laloosh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        take car of the house first

        i dont know what to expect, thats why im curious, im only 2 mph ahead of you so far, but i just wanna have some fun and hopefully avenge a loss Click here to enlarge
        Tire for tire I still have a shot I think. Heads up including the reaction it's a 50/50 race IMO lol, you might et me and will def mph me but I still might cross the line first Click here to enlarge. From a roll I have a better shot at running 11s on factory tires then beating you.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
        Tire for tire I still have a shot I think. Heads up including the reaction it's a 50/50 race IMO lol, you might et me and will def mph me but I still might cross the line first Click here to enlarge. From a roll I have a better shot at running 11s on factory tires then beating you.
        thats what i mean, it would be more of a drivers race, and just be fun. would make some good/interesting video as well Click here to enlarge
      1. bigdnno98's Avatar
        bigdnno98 -
        found on youtube.

      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        About what I expected... I so need a Boss, maybe I should check a dealer today. Hmmm
      1. bigdnno98's Avatar
        bigdnno98 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        About what I expected... I so need a Boss, maybe I should check a dealer today. Hmmm
        The boss was prob stock too. They're so badass.
      1. Stucks's Avatar
        Stucks -
        Lost marine posted a vid of my 335i running a friends new boss 302 a while back. it wasnt fully broken in yet (does the red key add any power?) but i didnt have much trouble with it (and the driver is one of the best i know) from a roll. jb4 g4, map 5, like 20-25% e85 mixed with 93, downpipes, dci, fmic.

        There is another vid on youtube of a minor bolt on boss 302 walking a new zl1 camaro though, so idk? lol.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Damn that thing loves to take off up top

        Sick video
      1. Sered's Avatar
        Sered -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
        There is another vid on youtube of a minor bolt on boss 302 walking a new zl1 camaro though, so idk? lol.
        ZL1 Camaros are barely faster than the SS, especially when hot. The Boss 302 will trap 115-116 all day long, basic modded ones will crack 120 easy (most powerful production V8 engine). That motor is no slouch. The Coyote is extremely impressive considering what car it comes in.
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
        ZL1 Camaros are barely faster than the SS, especially when hot. The Boss 302 will trap 115-116 all day long, basic modded ones will crack 120 easy (most powerful production V8 engine). That motor is no slouch. The Coyote is extremely impressive considering what car it comes in.
        What is meant by "most powerful production V8 engine"? The motor is definitely not a slouch, it's a great engine - but I don't think it's claimed to be the most powerful
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Geez... Just watched the video. The 302 pulled a lot more than I would have thought. That's a fast car - underrated HP #s?
      1. ChuckD05's Avatar
        ChuckD05 -
        I beat the only 302 i ran by 2 cars in my 135 and he wasnt fully stock, think exhaust work... i trapped 120
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Is this a repost?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Yes it is: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ng-Street-Race

        Merging