Close

    • BMW N54 AccessPORT Beta Race Fuel and E-30 Maps



      COBB Tuning is proud to announce the immediate availability of Beta Race Fuel Maps and E-30 Blend Fuel Maps for Stage2+ AccessPORT equipped BMW N54 vehicles! Gains of 50% more power over a stock N54, and +40HP / +45lb-ft torque over our Stage2+ Aggressive maps are just a flash and a fill-up away. These Race and E-30 maps provide the ultimate in plug-and-play performance for the driver looking for the most from their BMW. If your vehicle meets the hardware requirements for this map, and you have access to 100 octane race fuel, or E-85 fuel, acquiring this level of performance has never been easier. Simply download one of our free Beta Race or E-30 maps, reflash your DME with the AccessPORT, fill-up with the appropriate fuel and experience the rush of high-octane power gains.




      These new Beta Race and E-30 Fuel Maps include adjusted boost levels, fuel delivery, ignition timing and base programming logic to improve performance and reduce DME intervention that conflicts with driver input. In addition, the speed limiter and rev limits have been raised. In simple terms, with the torque and load limiters moved out of the way, fuel mixtures and timing adjusted for race fuel, and driver nannies pushed aside, we have enabled the N54 to deliver big power gains and consistent power delivery with simple bolt-ons and a diet of race gas or an E-30 blend.

      In order to use these maps the following conditions must be met:



      • Access to high quality race fuel with a minimum octane rating of 100 AKI (105 Ron) or greater for Race maps, or access to “E-85” and 93 octane (98 Ron) or greater to achieve a blend of 30% ethanol for E-30 maps
      • Requires upgraded intake system (DCI, panel filter or similar)
      • Requires upgraded front-mount intercooler and piping (FMIC)
      • Requires upgraded downpipes
      • Highly recommend upgraded cat-back exhaust system



      With great power comes even greater responsibility, and these maps are no exception. Data logging vehicle performance is an absolute requirement when using these maps to ensure that the mechanical systems of your BMW and the quality of fuel are up to the task of supporting these Beta Race and E-30 maps. Instructions on how to data log, which parameters to log, and how to evaluate engine performance are explained in this BMW Race and E-30 Fuel Data Logging Instructions document.

      It doesn't get much easier than this. There are no firmware updates required and there is no need to perform an AccessPORT Uninstall and Install. Just download the appropriate map, transfer to your AccessPORT, flash your DME, fill up with the proper fuel and go. For assistance with the map download and transfer process, just follow this Step-By-Step Map Download and Install Tutorial.

      If you are ready to experience huge power gains and refined power delivery with simple supporting mods and race gas or E-30, head on over to our BMW AccessPORT Off-The-Shelf Map Database, click on the Race Maps link, and download your free Beta Race or E-30 Map to get your adventure rolling!



      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW N54 AccessPORT Beta Race Fuel and E-30 Maps started by COBB Tuning View original post
      Comments 136 Comments
      1. Bash's Avatar
        Bash -
        I would love me some proper 98 (euro) octane gas in my country let alone E-85. Im so jealous
        Click here to enlarge
      1. enrita's Avatar
        enrita -
        Awesome guys! cant wait to try it out!
      1. Dr. G's Avatar
        Dr. G -
        I think the time has come where I finally purchase a Cobb Click here to enlarge
      1. Bash's Avatar
        Bash -
        You think!! lol
      1. lulz_m3's Avatar
        lulz_m3 -
        Anyone logged to see how much more boost this map carries in higher RPM's? I see they added some additional WGDC Click here to enlarge

        I might have to try using this as a meth map.
      1. boosted-M's Avatar
        boosted-M -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
        Anyone logged to see how much more boost this map carries in higher RPM's? I see they added some additional WGDC Click here to enlarge

        I might have to try using this as a meth map.
        Here are 2 datalogs from this morning.
        OTS Map and I'm running 50/50% 93/E85 and 100% meth on a FBO 335xi AT.

        Due to the timing corrections with this E30 OTS map and the last Stg2 agressive timing maps I need to bring the car into the dealer as I'm pretty sure cyl #1 injector is leaking and coil pack #6 is weak... I also don't understand why the car pulls timing after shifts Click here to enlarge
      1. lulz_m3's Avatar
        lulz_m3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
        Here are 2 datalogs from this morning.
        OTS Map and I'm running 50/50% 93/E85 and 100% meth on a FBO 335xi AT.

        Due to the timing corrections with this E30 OTS map and the last Stg2 agressive timing maps I need to bring the car into the dealer as I'm pretty sure cyl #1 injector is leaking and coil pack #6 is weak... I also don't understand why the car pulls timing after shifts Click here to enlarge
        Thanks, boost looks a little better. Not that you asked for my opinion, but you may want to either modify the E30 map from Cobb in ATR to reduce the fuel scalar or run the "race" map made for non ethanol - your meth is driving your fuel trims to almost be maxed negative. Not sure if the timing profiles are the same on those maps or not.
      1. boosted-M's Avatar
        boosted-M -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
        Thanks, boost looks a little better. Not that you asked for my opinion, but you may want to either modify the E30 map from Cobb in ATR to reduce the fuel scalar or run the "race" map made for non ethanol - your meth is driving your fuel trims to almost be maxed negative. Not sure if the timing profiles are the same on those maps or not.
        Yeah I noticed the Neg Fuel trims being high too and haven't had the time yet to figure out why.. I'm going to copy in my load target & WGDC maps from my self tuned map into this e30 map.. I was running 18psi midrange tapering to roughly 14psi by redline.. My WGDC map also helped spool the car up much quicker as wellClick here to enlarge
      1. Snertz's Avatar
        Snertz -
        Quick question regarding the E30 map, a scalar of 1.161 was used. Per the help file, shouldn't this be 1.106? The map I'm referencing is the one for an IKB0S 1M.
      1. enrita's Avatar
        enrita -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
        Quick question regarding the E30 map, a scalar of 1.161 was used. Per the help file, shouldn't this be 1.106? The map I'm referencing is the one for an IKB0S 1M.
        how are your trims?
      1. lulz_m3's Avatar
        lulz_m3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
        Quick question regarding the E30 map, a scalar of 1.161 was used. Per the help file, shouldn't this be 1.106? The map I'm referencing is the one for an IKB0S 1M.
        You lucky SOB's have a 2d fuel scalar, so i imagine it will and can be adjusted per load x rpm to really zero the trims out. For the rest of us, we make one adjustment to get the best fuel trim average across load and rpm.
      1. Jason@Cobb's Avatar
        Jason@Cobb -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snertz Click here to enlarge
        Quick question regarding the E30 map, a scalar of 1.161 was used. Per the help file, shouldn't this be 1.106? The map I'm referencing is the one for an IKB0S 1M.
        The 1M are slightly different beast. The fuel scalar is a populated table, unlike the rest of the N54's. We have set the scalar on the 1M's to correct for E30 over the base calibration. (It is slightly higher) This is why we require logging to assure your car is responding correctly to the fueling changes.

        Cheers,
        Jason
      1. Snertz's Avatar
        Snertz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
        how are your trims?
        Haven't tried this map yet as my car isn't FBO. Just poking around to see what's different compared to the E85 map I made; My map is setup to run 5gal of E85 (total E37, 14gal tank), and I noticed that they're running a higher scalar for a lower amount of ethanol. The trims when running my map have been ok, <5 across the board, so I'd imagine this would push it into the negative pretty deep Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
        You lucky SOB's have a 2d fuel scalar, so i imagine it will and can be adjusted per load x rpm to really zero the trims out. For the rest of us, we make one adjustment to get the best fuel trim average across load and rpm.
        Click here to enlarge it's weird that the OTS E30 map has a scalar of 1.196 for anything under 110 load, thought that needed something like E47 to run.
      1. Snertz's Avatar
        Snertz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason@Cobb Click here to enlarge
        The 1M are slightly different beast. The fuel scalar is a populated table, unlike the rest of the N54's. We have set the scalar on the 1M's to correct for E30 over the base calibration. (It is slightly higher) This is why we require logging to assure your car is responding correctly to the fueling changes.

        Cheers,
        Jason

        Gotcha, I'll try out the new scalar value the next time I fill up, thanks!
      1. Jeffman's Avatar
        Jeffman -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Moodist Click here to enlarge
        I am in the same boat, that's why I am having Jake of PTF come up to Philly for a tuning day.
        Can you PM me the details when Jake will be in town? Thanks.
      1. blisstik's Avatar
        blisstik -
        For 91 octane users, would 50/50 sound about right instead of 70/30?
      1. enrita's Avatar
        enrita -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
        For 91 octane users, would 50/50 sound about right instead of 70/30?
        probably , try it and log.
        I have done in ATR 2 extra maps, 1 for E35 and 1 for E40 since i have removed taper (constant load 190 because of upped turbos)
      1. Carl Morris's Avatar
        Carl Morris -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
        probably , try it and log.
        I have done in ATR 2 extra maps, 1 for E35 and 1 for E40 since i have removed taper (constant load 190 because of upped turbos)
        I'd be curious to know if you see a significant boost change at high rpm by doing that. So far in my ATR experimentation I'm not convinced that changing the target load changes boost the way I thought it would initially.

        I'm only on stock turbos at high elevation but when I take a map like Stg1+ and raise the load target I get no extra boost and when I lower it the boost looks the same but the ECU starts acting like there's an overboost issue below 4500rpm.
      1. enrita's Avatar
        enrita -
        From past maps boost at redline was 15 psi with 190 load
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
        Here are 2 datalogs from this morning.
        OTS Map and I'm running 50/50% 93/E85 and 100% meth on a FBO 335xi AT.

        Due to the timing corrections with this E30 OTS map and the last Stg2 agressive timing maps I need to bring the car into the dealer as I'm pretty sure cyl #1 injector is leaking and coil pack #6 is weak... I also don't understand why the car pulls timing after shifts Click here to enlarge
        What you experience in cylinder 4, I experience in 1 and 4 after the shift. I don't think it's a hardware issue though as it's been happening since my car was 12k miles old and went in for the HPFP recall.