Close

    • RennTech tuned BMW 335is DCT versus a stock CTS-V Coupe - Good example of hot weather / high Density Altitude effect on times

      The CTS-V with its 6.2 liter supercharged LSA V8 is a very potent car. In a drag race it is expected to run low 12's but what happens in the video below versus a Renntech tuned DCT 335is goes to show how big of an effect conditions can have especially on a positive displacement supercharged car generating a lot of heat such as the CTS-V. This run took place at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) in 85 degree weather and 1800+ Density Altitude.

      The 335 manages a 12.4@113.86 to the CTS-V's 12.8@112.41. The CTS-V and 335 are both capable of more but in hot weather that is what they run. Many people make the mistake of taking a fast time (such as a Z06 running a 10 at MIR in the winter) and thinking the car is always capable of it. The weather has a huge effect on performance.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: CTS V Coupe vs RENNtech powered 335iS started by BuraQ View original post
      Comments 44 Comments
      1. TRES's Avatar
        TRES -
        nice
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Ive seen "tunned pullied" ctsv's run poorly in great weather also
      1. mm28's Avatar
        mm28 -
        BuraQ, would you say purchasing an 335IS worth the extra money if the car is going to get modded eventually?
      1. 5parrow7's Avatar
        5parrow7 -
        Awesome Run!
      1. Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
        Puerto Rican 335d -
        Another RENNtech Stablemate, @BuraQ great job fellow RENNtech homey!!
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Ive seen "tunned pullied" ctsv's run poorly in great weather also
        then the driver couldnt drive for $#@!...tuned pullied Vs do low 11s all day
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Ive seen "tunned pullied" ctsv's run poorly in great weather also
        It can happen, sure, but they should do better in better weather.
      1. BuraQ's Avatar
        BuraQ -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
        BuraQ, would you say purchasing an 335IS worth the extra money if the car is going to get modded eventually?
        It was worth every dime, mods and all. Its rare to find a non DCT N54 putting down numbers like that without fuel mixtures, and DRs. I am kinda glad for the heat as I know now what the max potientials are in it.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
        Another RENNtech Stablemate, @BuraQ great job fellow RENNtech homey!!
        Haha glad to see ya on this side, I follow alot of your posts. There are alot more RENNtech powered BMW cars out there than what we actually think. Their just not forum driven like most of us are.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        then the driver couldnt drive for $#@!...tuned pullied Vs do low 11s all day
        Did you see the ambient temps and humidity conditions posted ? Did You expect an all stock CTS-V to put down low 12s in those conditions ? You cant be serious....dont worry fall is nearly here
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
        Did you see the ambient temps and humidity conditions posted ? Did You expect an all stock CTS-V to put down low 12s in those conditions ? You cant be serious....dont worry fall is nearly here
        you my friend were obviously not reading the quote i responded to where dodger63 said hes seen Vs run poorly in great weather....im fully aware of the limitations of my car in poor weather
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It can happen, sure, but they should do better in better weather.
        Most tuned & pullied cars are at 600+ rwhp.. correct me if im wrong
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Ultimat was responding to me saying i saw tuned pullied cars run bad



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
        It was worth every dime, mods and all. Its rare to find a non DCT N54 putting down numbers like that without fuel mixtures, and DRs. I am kinda glad for the heat as I know now what the max potientials are in it.



        Haha glad to see ya on this side, I follow alot of your posts. There are alot more RENNtech powered BMW cars out there than what we actually think. Their just not forum driven like most of us are.



        Did you see the ambient temps and humidity conditions posted ? Did You expect an all stock CTS-V to put down low 12s in those conditions ? You cant be serious....dont worry fall is nearly here
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Ultimat was responding to me saying i saw tuned pullied cars run bad
        exactly
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Most tuned & pullied cars are at 600+ rwhp.. correct me if im wrong
        actually they are between 550-600whp depending on other mods....to get over the 600whp bump a car will need either intake,pulley,headers, injectors or pulley, injector and a cam...i can tell you first hand these cars take a decent amount of skill to launch because of all that torque....ive seen plenty of Vs run terrible because they needed the driver mod....a 600whp V is good enough for 10.8-10.9@127-129 with the right driver
      1. BuraQ's Avatar
        BuraQ -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        you my friend were obviously not reading the quote i responded to where dodger63 said hes seen Vs run poorly in great weather....im fully aware of the limitations of my car in poor weather
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Ultimat was responding to me saying i saw tuned pullied cars run bad
        oops my bad ur right , missed that
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        This is exactly what i would think ive never seen it though not doubting one bit... seem a few run high 11s


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        actually they are between 550-600whp depending on other mods....to get over the 600whp bump a car will need either intake,pulley,headers, injectors or pulley, injector and a cam...i can tell you first hand these cars take a decent amount of skill to launch because of all that torque....ive seen plenty of Vs run terrible because they needed the driver mod....a 600whp V is good enough for 10.8-10.9@127-129 with the right driver
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        actually they are between 550-600whp depending on other mods....to get over the 600whp bump a car will need either intake,pulley,headers, injectors or pulley, injector and a cam...i can tell you first hand these cars take a decent amount of skill to launch because of all that torque....ive seen plenty of Vs run terrible because they needed the driver mod....a 600whp V is good enough for 10.8-10.9@127-129 with the right driver
        M3 times with an SC. Just adding for fun.
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        M3 times with an SC. Just adding for fun.
        on a car that weighs 700lbs more Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        on a car that weighs 700lbs more Click here to enlarge
        Exactly.
      1. Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
        Puerto Rican 335d -
        BuraQ have you added a better IC for your car? I believe if u havent and would so , diffinetely your times would be better than the V, dont get me wrong I love (the Vs)them but they are very rare here in Puerto Rico. I think Ive only seen a couple here, arent they running the same engine the Vette is?
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
        BuraQ have you added a better IC for your car? I believe if u havent and would so , diffinetely your times would be better than the V, dont get me wrong I love (the Vs)them but they are very rare here in Puerto Rico. I think Ive only seen a couple here, arent they running the same engine the Vette is?
        LS9 vs LSA