• First 8 second US BMW with full body and independent rear suspension - Djborya goes 8.97@153 in his E30

      Congratulations to BimmerBoost member djborya (Boris) who managed to break the 8 second barrier in the 1/4 mile with this turbo E30 BMW. As far as BMW's in the USA are concerned, this is the only one we know of to get in the 8's that is not a tube chassis dedicated drag car. The vehicle has a full body, BMW independent rear suspension, and runs E85 fuel. The 80mm turbo makes 836 horsepower to the wheels through a 2-speed powerglide transmission.

      This is likely the world's only BMW with an independent rear to make it into the 8's. Impressive and one of the fastest BMW's in the USA as well as the world. Congratulations Boris!





      This article was originally published in forum thread: First 8 second full body BMW with BMW independent suspension in the world! started by djborya View original post
      Comments 27 Comments
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Congrats Boris. Full rape
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Congrats !! Click here to enlarge
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        what power is that engine generating ?

        153 isent super fast but the 60feet are goooood Click here to enlarge

        ps.. thought it was std tranny.. wich one are u using?
      1. djborya's Avatar
        djborya -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by karel Click here to enlarge
        what power is that engine generating ?

        153 isent super fast but the 60feet are goooood Click here to enlarge

        ps.. thought it was std tranny.. wich one are u using?


        Using a 2speed powerglide transmission. Close to 950 crank horsepower and 153 is pretty fast trough an automatic transmission if u figure in the torque converter slippage.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by djborya Click here to enlarge
        Using a 2speed powerglide transmission. Close to 950 crank horsepower and 153 is pretty fast trough an automatic transmission if u figure in the torque converter slippage.

        yeah true.. friends e30 with m20 did around 165 but that with the same zf gearbox as im using.


        i thought that you took the 8sek before me with an standard gearbox.. Click here to enlargebut so i still have the chance to do the 8sek with bmw standard parts Click here to enlarge

        nice run bro, i think you will manage to take some more of that time Click here to enlarge
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Great results but running a 2 speed powerglide probably makes this an engine record not a BMW record, just sayin...
      1. djborya's Avatar
        djborya -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
        Great results but running a 2 speed powerglide probably makes this an engine record not a BMW record, just sayin...



        I dont understand what you are getting at here. This car has stock body with stock floors and firewall and bmw independent rear suspension only thing not bmw is the transmission (the weight of my car is 3060lbs. At this time there is only one other car in the USA that is faster then mine that uses bmw BMW motor but it is a full tube chassis car (floor and firewall removed and has been built with tubes and only bmw shetmetal is used) it uses th400 auto transmission and a ford 9 inch rear it weighs 2200 lbs the best run he had so far is 8.2 And There is no other BMW car in the world that has broken the 8 second barrier with bmw independent suspension other then this one right here...
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by djborya Click here to enlarge
        I dont understand what you are getting at here. This car has stock body with stock floors and firewall and bmw independent rear suspension only thing not bmw is the transmission (the weight of my car is 3060lbs. At this time there is only one other car in the USA that is faster then mine that uses bmw BMW motor but it is a full tube chassis car (floor and firewall removed and has been built with tubes and only bmw shetmetal is used) it uses th400 auto transmission and a ford 9 inch rear it weighs 2200 lbs the best run he had so far is 8.2 And There is no other BMW car in the world that has broken the 8 second barrier with bmw independent suspension other then this one right here...
        Without a doubt, this is an impressive result... you're car is badass, all I am pointing out is that it does not have a BMW transmission which doesn't make it a Bmw 100%... that is all, no more no less... take it how u want to.
      1. djborya's Avatar
        djborya -
        I never claimed that it had bmw transmission in it nor that it is 100% bmw. I claimed that it is bmw stock body and bmw stock independent suspension.It is Far from 100%bmw, No argument there but there was never such a claim in the first place. Hell if u just put a turbo on a bmw wich is not originally turbocharged makes it not a 100% BMW.
        B.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Congrats Boris.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        http://www.wolverineracing.com

        swedish bmw.. with bmw rear independent suspension. (little modified)

        8.74

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        May I have the turbo specs, fuel used, and the estimated power or a dyno graph to go with this?
      1. djborya's Avatar
        djborya -
        The turbo is same 80mm.Bullseye I have been using for 2+ years The motor made 836@ the wheel through the powerglide. E85 fuel is used.
      1. djborya's Avatar
        djborya -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by karel Click here to enlarge
        http://www.wolverineracing.com

        swedish bmw.. with bmw rear independent suspension. (little modified)

        8.74

        Click here to enlarge
        Karel, thanks for that however i have known that car for years even considered doing same suspension set-up in mine, however that suspension is a home-made ladder bar set-up. Stock bmw control arms and the cross member are gone and ladder bars are mounted directly to the body where it has been reinforced with tubing,the rear floor has been completly removed and reconstructed with tubes and sheet metal.one piece front end and tubed front end.Front stock suspension/strut towers/frame hase been removed and replaced with custom control arms and shocks .it is basically a tube chassis car with stock firewall. One thing i can agree on is that it is still independent suspension and cv axles are used. But not bmw by any means.
        B.
      1. karel's Avatar
        karel -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by djborya Click here to enlarge
        Karel, thanks for that however i have known that car for years even considered doing same suspension set-up in mine, however that suspension is a home-made ladder bar set-up. Stock bmw control arms and the cross member are gone and ladder bars are mounted directly to the body where it has been reinforced with tubing,the rear floor has been completly removed and reconstructed with tubes and sheet metal.one piece front end and tubed front end.Front stock suspension/strut towers/frame hase been removed and replaced with custom control arms and shocks .it is basically a tube chassis car with stock firewall. One thing i can agree on is that it is still independent suspension and cv axles are used. But not bmw by any means.
        B.

        yeah i did read that somewhere.. but not sure. now iam Click here to enlarge

        however i dont admire that build.. feels sloppy.


        anyway.. Congrats to that 8sek.. Click here to enlarge i will keep hunting that 8sek with bmw gearbox Click here to enlarge

        /k
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        Congrats. Nice to see this done in an E30. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Is this still a street car? I'm guessing with the Powerglide it pretty much just sees the strip.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Congratulations to BimmerBoost member djborya (Boris) who managed to break the 8 second barrier in the 1/4 mile with this turbo E30 BMW. As far as BMW's in the USA are concerned, this is the only one we know of to get in the 8's that is not a tube chassis dedicated drag car. The vehicle has a full body, BMW independent rear suspension, and runs E85 fuel. The 80mm turbo makes 836 horsepower to the wheels through a 2-speed powerglide transmission.

        This is likely the world's only BMW with an independent rear to make it into the 8's. Impressive and one of the fastest BMW's in the USA as well as the world. Congratulations Boris!

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

      1. djborya's Avatar
        djborya -
        car has head lights and tails no turn signals. has not seen the streets since 1 year ago, looking to put tags back on it in the fall just to have some fun. it is not driven on the street usually but can be if i want to. just dont have any desire to any more.
        I dont want to loose my licence,lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by djborya Click here to enlarge
        car has head lights and tails no turn signals. has not seen the streets since 1 year ago, looking to put tags back on it in the fall just to have some fun. it is not driven on the street usually but can be if i want to. just dont have any desire to any more.
        I dont want to loose my licence,lol
        That clear it up for me, thanks.