Close

    • BMW E82 1M with tune, downpipes, and intercooler races an Audi R8 V8 with a tune and exhaust

      The Audi R8 V8 really is not all that fast of a car for the money. It's beautiful, but straightline speed is not its forte with a DCT M3 being faster stock for stock as well as a Carrera S even with a smaller motor with six cylinders to the R8's eight. The 1M pulls the R8 from a roll easily in the first race but it looks like the R8 got on it late. In the second run the R8 gets a slight lead only for the 1M to bridge the gap. The cars are close but with the 20 inch HRE's on the R8 and power going to all four wheels it is begging for boost to show what it is truly capable of.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW E82 1M with tune, downpipes, and intercooler races an Audi R8 V8 with a tune and exhaust started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 29 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
        I must Admit the R8 is indeed beautiful car but was VERY dissapointed when I saw it run the 1/2 mile run in Puerto Rico I ran 129.68 and the Audi R8 posted 127.85 . Although I have the RENNtech flash the Audi for its price is NOT WORTH it for me. Here is the link for those of you that want to see it :

        http://www.sneakyclub.com/3-er-evento/resultados/
        You beat the R8 with your diesel?
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
        I must Admit the R8 is indeed beautiful car but was VERY dissapointed when I saw it run the 1/2 mile run in Puerto Rico I ran 129.68 and the Audi R8 posted 127.85 . Although I have the RENNtech flash the Audi for its price is NOT WORTH it for me. Here is the link for those of you that want to see it :

        http://www.sneakyclub.com/3-er-evento/resultados/
        Just wondering how that ISF did 150mph in the 1/2 mile?

        130 in the 1/2 mile with a diesel is DAMN impressive. Torque Torque Torque
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Hey Sticky ban me from this one too you $#@!
      1. Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
        Puerto Rican 335d -
        I did not race him, everyone had either choice to race by someone or race alone look at the videos and you will see at the link given, sorry its in Spanish, That ISf was freaking wicked and TRICKED out!! A lot of heavy rollers at the event missed last one and will miss this weekends due to personal issues, but will go to next one. them GTRs well what can I say tricked out to the max, whenever you see a GRT with two 3" exhaust pipes Stay away from them!!!
      1. Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
        Puerto Rican 335d -
        Look at March 2012 results here:

        http://www.sneakyclub.com/4to-evento/resultados/

        See ya tomorrow amigos logging off
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
        I did not race him, everyone had either choice to race by someone or race alone look at the videos and you will see at the link given, sorry its in Spanish, That ISf was freaking wicked and TRICKED out!! A lot of heavy rollers at the event missed last one and will miss this weekends due to personal issues, but will go to next one. them GTRs well what can I say tricked out to the max, whenever you see a GRT with two 3" exhaust pipes Stay away from them!!!
        I understand you didn't race him but you finished with a higher MPH in your 335d?
      1. Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
        Puerto Rican 335d -
        yes indeed and that day we had wind gusts of 20-25 mph and we were racing against the wind!!! So I believe i could of hit 140 mph, I drove the car last week sunday morning and no cars and was able to hit 140 mph and begging for more until I ran into blocked lanes!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
        yes indeed and that day we had wind gusts of 20-25 mph and we were racing against the wind!!! So I believe i could of hit 140 mph, I drove the car last week sunday morning and no cars and was able to hit 140 mph and begging for more until I ran into blocked lanes!!!
        Well it's impressive your 335d had a stronger top end.
      1. Puerto Rican 335d's Avatar
        Puerto Rican 335d -
        Maybe the RENNtech flash had something to do with it, I gather that