Close

    • JAWS Motorsport's E60 M5 hits 518 horsepower to the wheels and 8600 RPM on the S85 V10 with their Alpha-N tune

      Impressive naturally aspirated and stock internal work here on the S85 V10 by BimmerBoost vendor JAWS Motorsport. The car put down a baseline of 448 wheel horsepower on a DynoMite dyno with just intake scoops. From that baseline JAWS was able to hit 518 wheel horsepower with addition of their one piece plenum, Alpha-N tune with 8600 RPM limiter, and secondary cat delete. That is a gain of 70 horsepower at the wheels.

      Keep in mind that this was done on pump fuel with the stock exhaust (other than secondary cat delete) and stock headers. Is there more to be gained here? Absolutely and we expect an update as JAWS revises their tune with their headers that are being finished up. We have no idea how much more they will hit but the results so far are definitely impressive and this is one of the strongest naturally aspirated S85's we have seen. Pictures, graphs, and video below.






      Baseline:


      Video:


      This article was originally published in forum thread: JAWS Motorsport M5 E60 Makes 518WHP started by JAWS Motorsport View original post
      Comments 49 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Could I get pictures of the plenum posted in this thread? 518 whp is pretty damn high, I don't know if I have seen higher NA at the stock displacement although I am not super familiar with this dyno. I have seen dynomite's used before though and they tend to read similar to a dynojet.
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        I would say its like a Dynojet if compared but still every dyno is diffrent and should be seen as a "finger pointing".

        Putting up a picture of the plenum in minutes!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
        I would say its like a Dynojet if compared but still every dyno is diffrent and should be seen as a "finger pointing".

        Putting up a picture of the plenum in minutes!
        Thank you, picture of the plenum will help. Especially with views Click here to enlarge
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Could I get pictures of the plenum posted in this thread? 518 whp is pretty damn high, I don't know if I have seen higher NA at the stock displacement although I am not super familiar with this dyno. I have seen dynomite's used before though and they tend to read similar to a dynojet.
        A notice here..

        The Alpha-N+Cai was backed up in USA by Tdonnel (our first customer) with 38WHP!! so it seems pretty acurate when comparing world wide.

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
        There we go! That's what I'm talking about, video helps as well.

        Expect a front page article in a couple hours as I have to space them out a bit.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        God that sounds beautiful and fierce! Click here to enlarge
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
        I would say its like a Dynojet if compared but still every dyno is diffrent and should be seen as a "finger pointing".

        Putting up a picture of the plenum in minutes!
        I think it's best to post baseline too. This will people an idea of what's going on. Still, sick numbers. Good to see you don't have to spend +20,000 dollars to pass 500whp mark.
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        I think it's best to post baseline too. This will people an idea of what's going on. Still, sick numbers. Good to see you don't have to spend +20,000 dollars to pass 500whp mark.
        Dotted lines on the dyno plot are 454,2 wich was the best baseline pull we did, not 448whp like i think i said before.
        Click here to enlarge

        The straight lines are the 484,2whp pull so that was exactly 30whp up

        Next dyno (yesterdays) is overlayed on a 480whp+ map to show the further improvment with one piece plenum.
        The diffrence shows & feels clearly from 7500rpm and up to 8600rpm

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
        Dotted lines on the dyno plot are 454,2 wich was the best baseline pull we did, not 448whp like i think i said before.
        The baseline was completely stock?
      1. JAWS Motorsport's Avatar
        JAWS Motorsport -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The baseline was completely stock?
        Well in my opinion yes, there were these "scoops" on the car but i dont think they do any gains on a dyno, so yes stock!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JAWS Motorsport Click here to enlarge
        Well in my opinion yes, there were these "scoops" on the car but i dont think they do any gains on a dyno, so yes stock!
        It is important to mention the scoops I think regardless though, thanks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Impressive naturally aspirated and stock internal work here on the S85 V10 by BimmerBoost vendor JAWS Motorsport. The car put down a baseline of 448 wheel horsepower on a DynoMite dyno with just intake scoops. From that baseline JAWS was able to hit 518 wheel horsepower with addition of their one piece plenum, Alpha-N tune with 8600 RPM limiter, and secondary cat delete. That is a gain of 70 horsepower at the wheels.

        Keep in mind that this was done on pump fuel with the stock exhaust (other than secondary cat delete) and stock headers. Is there more to be gained here? Absolutely and we expect an update as JAWS revises their tune with their headers that are being finished up. We have no idea how much more they will hit but the results so far are definitely impressive and this is one of the strongest naturally aspirated S85's we have seen. Pictures, graphs, and video below.



        Baseline:


        Video:

      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Very impressive.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        very VERY nice!
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        That plenum looks amazing! Looks like I cant count out M5's now on the highway.. not that i could before.. Click here to enlarge
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        I wonder what more can be had with aftermarket headers and full exhaust, bet it would sound stupid good too.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        I wonder what more can be had with aftermarket headers and full exhaust, bet it would sound stupid good too.
        The headers are actually a good point to pick up power on the S85. So, I think they can get into the 530's?
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        That car sounds amazing. The power curve is even more amazing, and is what a power curve should look like. The S85 when tuned (or not) is simply an awesome engine.