• Weistec high flow air filters now available for M157 and M278 Mercedes twin turbo V8 motors - $245

      Weistec has released their high flow air filters for the M157 and M278 Mercedes twin turbo V8 engines. For those familiar with modern German engines such as those from Mercedes the factory uses a restrictive filter namely out of emissions concerns. The stock filter is a point of restriction on these motors and the Weistec filters flow much more freely giving gains of 5-20 horses depending on the motor and modifications. Gains will be greater when combined with an ECU tune which of course requires more air.

      The filters are priced at $245.00 and ship out on June 1st, order yours today.

      Key Features:


      • Adds 5-20 Horsepower
      • Increased Flow Area
      • Optimized Airbox fitment over factory filter
      • Applifies the performance of your Weistec ECU Tune
      • Set of 2


















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec high flow air filters now available for M157 and M278 Mercedes twin turbo V8 motors - $245 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 28 Comments
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Very nice. Can't wait to hear the comments about the price lol Click here to enlarge
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        excellent filter and I think this is a must for an M157 engine especially for tuned ones. The stock AMG filters really suck, no disrespect to AMG, but that is the truth and I don't know why they use them.

        Price of the filters from Weistec is very reasonable.
      1. mramg1's Avatar
        mramg1 -
        Why do they look strangely familiar?
        Click here to enlarge












        Can someone say K/N
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Yeah they look like K&Ns but dry?
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Price is not bad. Weistec are the only ones offering filters for the M157. They are not K&N's. If you look at the K&n website, they dont have anything for the M157.

        Excellent upgrade. I love thier tune for this engine as well. Cant wait to see their upgraded turbos.
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Price is not bad. Weistec are the only ones offering filters for the M157. They are not K&N's. If you look at the K&n website, they dont have anything for the M157.

        Excellent upgrade. I love thier tune for this engine as well. Cant wait to see their upgraded turbos.
        Do you know that they arent k&ns or are you assuming
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Do you know that they arent k&ns or are you assuming

        Assuming. Since K&N dont offer them. Is it illegal to assume?
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Assuming. Since K&N dont offer them. Is it illegal to assume?
        Not at all but everything you say seems like you know for a fact. Just saying maybe insert a "i think" "i dont think so" or an "in my opinion" anyway thats my thought.. and tgey do look similar to k&n??
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Not at all but everything you say seems like you know for a fact. Just saying maybe insert a "i think" "i dont think so" or an "in my opinion" anyway thats my thought.. and tgey do look similar to k&n??

        Actullay they look more similar to BMC. I dont get you here. whats your point?

        Weistec are the only ones that I know of that are offering them. Do you know of any besides them?
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Looks very similar to an AFE pro dry S air filter. I should know, i use them for my C63.
      1. Dueclaws's Avatar
        Dueclaws -
        I'd buy them, but they don't show the 2012 E550c platform supported.
        That sucks: pun intended.
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dueclaws Click here to enlarge
        I'd buy them, but they don't show the 2012 E550c platform supported.
        That sucks: pun intended.
        Please visit our website and check out the supported platforms at the bottom of the page. We do in fact support the 2012 E550.

        Thanks for the interest guys.
      1. Dueclaws's Avatar
        Dueclaws -
        Yes, but When I was looking at your site it showed E550 (sedan, wagon): No coupe.
        I understand from your call that the filters will indeed fit the coupe.Thanks for the clarification
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Actullay they look more similar to BMC. I dont get you here. whats your point?

        Weistec are the only ones that I know of that are offering them. Do you know of any besides them?
        Im not in rhe market for filters just saw another post were you make it seem that what you say is law and wanted to interject
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Im not in rhe market for filters just saw another post were you make it seem that what you say is law and wanted to interject

        Ok I'm sorry

        does that make you feel better?


        BTW, just saw your car on youtube with the cams. Sounds good
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Ok I'm sorry

        does that make you feel better?


        BTW, just saw your car on youtube with the cams. Sounds good
        Thanks
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Assuming. Since K&N dont offer them. Is it illegal to assume?
        No, it just makes you look stupid to comment on something to be fact when you have no clue.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        No, it just makes you look stupid to comment on something to be fact when you have no clue.

        look who talking?
        The king of stupidity himself.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        looks exactly like my dried out K&N why do they cost $250 ? are they made out of some special material extracted from a comet in a kuipers belt?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        I doubt they would just resell K&N products, but I could be wrong. From their site it would seem that they designed these inhouse:

        "Improvements in filter shape and positioning, combined with our very own high flow element provides a significant flow and power increase across all ranges of the engines power band."

        http://www.weistec.com/m157panelfilter.html