Close

    • Mercedes V8 showdown, M156 versus M159 - Weistec Stage I supercharged SL63 AMG versus tuned/bolt on SLS AMG

      This is a comparison we have been wanting to see of a supercharged M156 taking on a tuned M159 in an SLS. The SLS belongs to a BenzBoost member named SLS AMG and it features bolt on's including a tune and exhaust mods. The SL63 AMG in this video is a 2009 R230 that belongs to his brother. The car has a Stage I Weistec supercharger. Full specs including weight of the cars are below. The supercharged car is putting out more power and it wins although the SLS hangs in there very well. Maybe time to upgrade the SL to the Weistec Stage 2+ supercharger?

      There is no question that with a Weistec supercharger the SLS would win. A great comparison and we thank the two BenzBoost members involved for bringing it to us. Check out the video and specs below.


      2011 SLS AMG:
      - Custom ECU dyno tune PP-Performance
      - Supersprint Racing Headers (catless)
      - Supersprint Xpipe (catless)
      - 160F Thermostat
      - BMC filters
      - Pirelli Corsa tires (track spec)
      - Weight of the SLS without driver : 1520 KG (spare removed and running catless)

      2009 SL63 AMG:
      - Weistec Stage1+ ECU software tune
      - Weistec Supercharger Stage 1+ kit
      - MBH Longtube Try-Yi headers (catless)
      - Caragraphic Catless H pipes
      - 160F thermostat
      - Carbonio Intake
      - Pipercross Filters
      - Michelin Pilot Cups tires
      - Weight of the SL63 without driver: 1880 KG (Spare removed and installed Evosport rotors on all four sides, running catless)


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Mercedes V8 showdown, M156 versus M159 - Weistec Stage I supercharged SL63 AMG versus tuned/bolt on SLS AMG started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 30 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        make sure when you visit, you visit at a time when the temperature is not between 110-125F Click here to enlarge
        I'm used to Vegas and Palm Springs in the summer. I'm sure you guys have air conditioning considering how developed Qatar is.

        Any good places to party?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Joseph,
        That is an excellent Article and excellent write up. Thank you very much for taking the time to compile the video and post this great Article
        Your brother made it painless, very simple, and my pleasure.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm used to Vegas and Palm Springs in the summer. I'm sure you guys have air conditioning considering how developed Qatar is.

        Any good places to party?
        I have been to Vegas. Trust me, the heat here during the summer is nothing like Vegas. I suggest you come in the winter. I dont know about partying, but there are many places in Qatar that you could have fun in. Call us whenver you are ready to visit and we will gladly welcome you and you will have alot of fun :-).
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I have been to Vegas. Trust me, the heat here during the summer is nothing like Vegas. I suggest you come in the winter. I dont know about partying, but there are many places in Qatar that you could have fun in. Call us whenver you are ready to visit and we will gladly welcome you and you will have alot of fun :-).
        You live there, how can you not know the good spots to have fun in?

        I'll take your advice on the winter. I'll be in Europe this Winter so maybe next year? I don't know, would be cool to somehow have my car shipped out there so we could all have some fun. Would be interesting to display your car scene in an article and video.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You live there, how can you not know the good spots to have fun in?

        I'll take your advice on the winter. I'll be in Europe this Winter so maybe next year? I don't know, would be cool to somehow have my car shipped out there so we could all have some fun. Would be interesting to display your car scene in an article and video.
        I am up for it. Cant wait to meet you. I'll be in USA this summer
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I am up for it. Cant wait to meet you. I'll be in USA this summer
        What part of the USA?
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What part of the USA?
        I'll be in Des Plaines, Ilinnois. Which state are you in?
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Update: The SL63 will be racing a 722 SLR tonight, which I previously killed with my SLS. I'll let you all know what happens
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I'll be in Des Plaines, Ilinnois. Which state are you in?
        California. Why are you going to Illinois? Nothing is there.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        Update: The SL63 will be racing a 722 SLR tonight, which I previously killed with my SLS. I'll let you all know what happens
        Try to make another good video...