Close

    • How much faster is the new F10 M5 than the previous generation E60 M5? Take a look, F10 versus E60

      Obviously the newer car is going to be faster but the question is by just how much? The 1/4 mile times we have seen from testing thus far put the new M5 about 6-7 miles per hour ahead in trap speed translating to roughly 70 more horsepower at the wheels for the F10. The new M5 is much heavier but it also has a dual clutch transmission to help make up for it. The video here shows a roll on race where the new F10 M5 simply demolishes the E60 M5. The difference looks absurdly large in these videos, would be nice to have some timing equipment numbers to go with them to shed some more light.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: How much faster is the new F10 M5 than the previous generation E60 M5? Take a look, F10 versus E60 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 25 Comments
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Geez that is a quick car. The old M5 is definitely no slouch; pretty impressive.
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        Damn big difference! Does the TT M5 have a tune or PP?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Damn big difference! Does the TT M5 have a tune or PP?
        A couple companies are claiming tunes but there is no factory performance package for it at the moment.
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Is Gustav trolling again? Torque aside, there is only a 50 HP difference here top end and the F10 is heavier... so something's not right or that DCT tranny is doing wonders.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
        Is Gustav trolling again? Torque aside, there is only a 50 HP difference here top end and the F10 is heavier... so something's not right or that DCT tranny is doing wonders.
        That's what bothers me, he has little credibility so it's tough to really know.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        F10 M5 sports more than 550hp.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        PP-Performance are the first to tune the new M5 F10. They are now developing turbo headers for it. I drove the the one that they tuned. It was fast, but absoloutely no chance against any tuned M157 Mercedes
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        PP-Performance are the first to tune the new M5 F10. They are now developing turbo headers for it. I drove the the one that they tuned. It was fast, but absoloutely no chance against any tuned M157 Mercedes
        Provide me video proof or why are we talking?
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        I wouldn't expext an e60 to get pulled that hard up top....
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Thats a boatload faster than the V10... More vids will show up soon enough but damn thats a fast car.
      1. 654's Avatar
        654 -
        Boost vs no boost. A big difference. F10 has wider powerband. You should not compare the peak power figures, since the peak power is available in one tiny spot only. Without the limiter, the difference would have been even more.
      1. 5soko's Avatar
        5soko -
        I looked at this video just for fun, but ill be waiting for true independent tests before i make my final verdict.. This is the same F10 M5 that didnt let a tuned z06 move lol. -__-
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That's what bothers me, he has little credibility so it's tough to really know.
        The F10 M5 ran a G-power dct M3 that same day. For some reason he hasn't shown that video.

        I think the M3 might be Gustav's, so there could be a conflict of interest. Which runs does he cherry pick to show?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        The F10 M5 ran a G-power dct M3 that same day. For some reason he hasn't shown that video.

        I think the M3 might be Gustav's, so there could be a conflict of interest. Which runs does he cherry pick to show?
        I hate the cherry picking and yes, definite conflict of interest. G-power hooked him up so he would make it look strong in vids.

        Retarded people are not allowed to tape on their own so we can get some honest impressions.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        cany wait to see that thing tuned up!
      1. SexiPYm3's Avatar
        SexiPYm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        cany wait to see that thing tuned up!
        this
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        PP-Performance are the first to tune the new M5 F10. They are now developing turbo headers for it. I drove the the one that they tuned. It was fast, but absoloutely no chance against any tuned M157 Mercedes
        Why is that? Hamann tuned S63 makes 670HP, and Hamann always provide mild tunes. a more aggressive tune in a S63tu would be above 700HP mark easily.
        Attachment 16842
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Why is that? Hamann tuned S63 makes 670HP, and Hamann always provide mild tunes. a more aggressive tune in a S63tu would be above 700HP mark easily.
        Attachment 16842
        I'm sorry, but what exactley is your point?
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        I'm sorry, but what exactley is your point?
        Tune only M157's are in ~600-620whp range, right? Hamann's S63 made 670HP(i attached their graph for clarification, and they are claiming 720hp for S63tu so it's basically in the same page as tuned M157's.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Tune only M157's are in ~600-620whp range, right? Hamann's S63 made 670HP(i attached their graph for clarification, and they are claiming 720hp for S63tu so it's basically in the same page as tuned M157's.
        I dont know exactley where you are heading, but a tune only CLS63 with the M157 twin turbo would kill a tuned BMW M5 F-10. I posted a video a couple of day back that sticky posted an article of the CLS beating the SLS with supersprint headers. Did you see it? you wont see an M5 doing this.

        DynoMaha numbers read diffrent numbers than a dynojet. I have not seen a dynomaha pick-up 700HP on any tuned M157 yet. have you?