Close

    • Lady Gaga gets an R8, becoming played out?

      With rapper Tyga sporting an R8 and now Lady Gaga we have to wonder if the R8 is becoming far too mainstream. The main difference though between Gaga's R8 and Tyga's is that Lady Gaga had the balls to get the V10. Let that comment sink in. This is one of those times where we appreciate stick only cars that stay out of celebrities hands like the Porsche GT3 or Porsche GT2. You won't be seeing a rapper or Britney Spears driving one of those any time soon as you actually have to drive the car rather than be driven.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Lady Gage gets an R8, becoming played out? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 5 Comments
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        See @Sticky now you say stick only GT3 but wont be that way any more!!
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Burn your R8, Burn it with fire!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        See @Sticky now you say stick only GT3 but wont be that way any more!!
        I know, I know. I like the performance benefit of the DCT but then we will see things like... well, this.
      1. alq80's Avatar
        alq80 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I know, I know. I like the performance benefit of the DCT but then we will see things like... well, this.
        I think that is exactly right. Some cars need only be drive by those who can appreciate them. That is why I appreciate the new Viper, the Z06/ZR1 etc and ofcourse the gt2/3. Not everybody wants to drive a stick supercar, but there are those who do, and I hope people like porsche continue to understand that.

        Here's my example: just because everybody likes cookies and cream ice cream, doesn't mean that you have to make every flavor into cookies and cream! Gotta cater to enthusiasts sometimes, despite the slight drop in performance figures. But remember the times that the GT2rs, ZR1 and such cars produce despite their stickiness!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
        I think that is exactly right. Some cars need only be drive by those who can appreciate them. That is why I appreciate the new Viper, the Z06/ZR1 etc and ofcourse the gt2/3. Not everybody wants to drive a stick supercar, but there are those who do, and I hope people like porsche continue to understand that.

        Here's my example: just because everybody likes cookies and cream ice cream, doesn't mean that you have to make every flavor into cookies and cream! Gotta cater to enthusiasts sometimes, despite the slight drop in performance figures. But remember the times that the GT2rs, ZR1 and such cars produce despite their stickiness!
        Real men eat Pistachio ice cream. Just saying...