Close

    • AC Schnitzer builds a Matte Blue F10 M5 for Geneva with 620 horsepower, ACS5 Sport - Overrated?

      Everybody has been talking about and posting this M5 from AC Schtnizer although we do not see the big deal. Ok, so they gave it a matte blue finish, cool. They give it some body pieces, cool. They gave it a minor tune to bump up the horsepower slightly, cool. If this did not have the AC Schnitzer name nobody would even care. We would like to see some big horsepower numbers and some real tuning prowess pushing the edge rather than just a paintjob and some add on body parts. It's time for these Euro tuners to stop living off their names and start really doing interesting things. See Brabus for an example of a European German tuner who is worth the attention they get.





























      This article was originally published in forum thread: AC Schnitzer builds a Matte Blue F10 M5 for Geneva with 620 horsepower, ACS5 Sport - Overrated? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 8 Comments
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        ACS has always been a safe-sided tuner. Don't expect them to swap turbos with bigger ones and boost it up to 1000+ HP.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        It think it looks like $#@!!!! Specially those wheels, and gay ass grey stripe....
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        It think it looks like $#@!!!! Specially those wheels, and gay ass grey stripe....
        X2
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        ACS has always been a safe-sided tuner. Don't expect them to swap turbos with bigger ones and boost it up to 1000+ HP.
        Of course, you are right, but it just gets boring after a while.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        I remember back in the day when ACS and Hamann were some of the best BMW tuners. I hate to say it but I feel like some of these original BMW tuners have really lost their touch since the 90s. All the cars that Hamann and ACS build now a days are just awkward and ugly.

        Like you mentioned, they can learn a lot from companies like Brabus...The least they can do is make the car look better not ugly with tacky grills
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        I remember back in the day when ACS and Hamann were some of the best BMW tuners. I hate to say it but I feel like some of these original BMW tuners have really lost their touch since the 90s. All the cars that Hamann and ACS build now a days are just awkward and ugly.

        Like you mentioned, they can learn a lot from companies like Brabus...The least they can do is make the car look better not ugly with tacky grills
        Well. Said
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        I remember back in the day when ACS and Hamann were some of the best BMW tuners. I hate to say it but I feel like some of these original BMW tuners have really lost their touch since the 90s. All the cars that Hamann and ACS build now a days are just awkward and ugly.

        Like you mentioned, they can learn a lot from companies like Brabus...The least they can do is make the car look better not ugly with tacky grills
        I feel the same way you do.
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        If they lost the stupid stripe and the ugly wheels, it may look half-decent. The matte job isn't too shabby.