Close

    • EVOMS 610 997 Turbo versus SP Engineering 750 Nissan GT-R

      911 turbo and the Nissan GT-R battles are simply natural for the two platforms. Both are twin turbo all wheel drive six cylinders with a history of tuning. This is a bit of a mis-match though but still interesting to see the comparison. The 997 Turbo appears to be an automatic which is at a large disadvantage to the GT-R dual clutch. A PDK turbo with a tune would have held its own much, much better and actually made this a race.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: EVO MS 911 vs SP Engineering GTR started by Sledgehammer View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        wow... that turbo got wrecked and that sound from the gtr is orgasmic...
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
        wow... that turbo got wrecked and that sound from the gtr is orgasmic...
        Can't deny that raw aggressive sound of one of the best V6. Click here to enlarge
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        Can't deny that raw aggressive sound of one of the best V6. Click here to enlarge
        i do enjoy that very aggressive sound and it does certainly have potential as almost all GTR engines have before it
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Beast mode in that gtr. sounds awesome
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        "The GT-R's in mirror are closer to illusion, they are ahead!"
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        "The GT-R's in mirror are closer to illusion, they are ahead!"
        Let's just say good effort.
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Was just about to post this... damn, you are on top of things.
        LOL... I thought this was a really good vid and the thing sounds so sick to me.

        To your point the EVO car is getting raped and its fairly astonishing since it isn't a slow ride. The GTR is just very damn efficient and it sounds damn near like a manual trans the way it shifts and its shifts are silly fast. Never really heard one that impresses me and I can't help but want one now.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        To your point the EVO car is getting raped and its fairly astonishing since it isn't a slow ride. The GTR is just very damn efficient and it sounds damn near like a manual trans the way it shifts and its shifts are silly fast. Never really heard one that impresses me and I can't help but want one now.
        Shifts at lower speeds favor dual clutches. PDK turbo would be another story.
      1. Q4P's Avatar
        Q4P -
        Godzilla is gone... but yeah a turbo S with PDK would have been a better fight.
      1. fraser007's Avatar
        fraser007 -
        sorry i thought that you either got a manual porsche or a automatc which was pdk whats the difference between pdk and automatic, thanks in advance
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fraser007 Click here to enlarge
        sorry i thought that you either got a manual porsche or a automatc which was pdk whats the difference between pdk and automatic, thanks in advance
        PDK is dual clutch and automatic is... automatic.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I thought this was interesting from the owner of the 911:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AllanLambo Click here to enlarge
        Your comments about the transmission are actually quite wrong. The Tiptronic transmission is stronger than the PDK, and allows for no loss of boost between shifts.. The Porsche in question records consistant 0-60s in under 2.8 sec, and 0-100 in 6. Modded Tiptronic cars have recorded far faster times than modded PDk cars
        I don't see how my comments are wrong when the PDK runs 10's stock and is much quicker than the tiptronic/automatic.

        I also haven't seen anything showing with the same mods that the automatic is quicker. The PDK is clearly the superior performance option and the GT-R does what it does to the automatic because it is a dual clutch (and making more power).