Close

    • Another contender enters the E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger ring - Evolve Automotive supercharger kit teaser

      The reveal of this information did not go exactly as planned as BimmerBoost vendor Evolve automotive wanted the reveal to take place here. Unfortunately, certain competitors got wind of Evolve entering the hotly contested E92 M3 supercharger market and set out to do their typical discrediting of competing products. It is for this reason that Evolve wanted to stay away from any other sites and do their reveal here. The official reveal may have been spoiled somewhat but here are the details on the three upcoming versions of the Evolve supercharger kit.


      There will be intercooled and non-intercooled versions. When speaking with Sal from Evolve during development BimmerBoost put emphasis on creating a non-intercooled version. Salman stated that he believes the S65 is extremely temperature sensitive from what he has seen from testing and did not necessarily like the idea. However, BimmerBoost believes an entry level alternative is necessary to what is already on the market. After some debate Evolve decided they will offer a 4-5 psi non-intercooled entry level kit.

      All Evolve kits use a Rotrex C38-91 supercharger. This is the largest supercharger in the Rotrex C38 range and it flows 11% more air than the C38-81. The RPM limit on this blower is 90,000 rpm, higher than any S65 V8 kit using a Vortech blower. No other kit features a Rotrex blower.






      This is the C38-91 compressor map:


      The C38-91 retails alone for $2595.

      [email]Sal@evolve has made a big point about the cooling when supercharging with this motor. That is why the plenum design is innovative and features a larger volume than competitors. The design of the kit is built around intercooling and not charge cooling.

      8 psi is good for the ~625 crank range. Here are dyno graphs at 7.5 psi on pump gas with the Evolve exhaust system:

      Flywheel:


      Wheels:


      Evolve has tested up to 9 psi but believes anything higher than 8 is pushing it on the stock internals with this blower. Production kits will feature 8psi for markets with fuel to support it. Here are graphs at 9 psi:




      The kit will be available for export and will be available for 91 octane fuel like what is available in California. The kits for 91 octane fuel will feature about one pound less boost, so 7 psi. Here is a rundown of the currently planned kit offerings and specs:

      Hardware:

      Rotrex C38-91 Kompressor (1100CFM)
      Self Contained Lubrication System with separate oil cooler
      High Tension Belt System with 270 DegC Belt Wrap
      Teflon Coated CNC Machined Billet Aluminium Bracket
      Teflon Coated CNC Machined Billet Aluminium Bracket Kompressor Bracket Housing*
      Teflon Coated CNC Machined Billet Aluminium Plenum with Optimised Velocity Stacks
      Teflon Coated CNC Machined Billet Aluminium Lower Bank 2 VANOS Cover
      Aluminium Crank and Water Pump Pulleys
      Evolve/ITG High Flow Foam Maxogen Filtration System
      8 x Bosch Motorsport Fuel Injectors
      Front Mount Air to Air Intercooler
      Boost Hoses
      Silicone Hoses
      Clamps
      Brackets

      Engine Management System:

      Calibration optimised both on dyno and road under various weather conditions

      Recalibrated MSS65 DME with optimized
      Fuel
      Ignition
      Torque Calculation
      CAM Timing

      Calibrations for 91(US)/95(EUR) + Octane Fuel

      Systems available:


      Non Intercooled 500-530HP System @ 5 PSI ---- Not Sure we want to release this yet! This is the one that needs the most amount of testing. Not happy releasing anything non intercooled.
      Air to Air Front Mount Intercooled 580-600 HP @ 7 PSI
      Air to Air Front Mount Intercooled 600-630 HP @ 8 PSI

      (Boost readings are taken at plenum)

      (Note – Power will vary and will be heavily dependant upon ambient temperatures as the S65 is very dependant upon combustion temperatures)

      *Reduces Stress on Tensioner Pulley and has a secondary function of protecting injury from belt


      Below are some additional pictures. Keep in mind the bracket is engineered from high grade 6082 aluminum that will additionally be coated with xylon/teflon. It will be able to handle all the rigors of supercharging without flexing whatsoever. There are no spacers used in the bracket.

      There is also no cutting required for the front mount intercooler.

      Expect more details in the coming weeks as the kits near completion for production.







      This article was originally published in forum thread: Yet another supercharger system coming out for the E9x M3-EVOLVE started by folgrz View original post
      Comments 295 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        ^That's very very nice looking..............
        Agreed...
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        ^That's very very nice looking..............
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Agreed...
        Seriously! I love how Evolve Automotive is entering the Forced Induction scene head on with full force! They work they're doing for the S65B40 and S62B50 is jaw dropping.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
        It's going well.

        Just testing the air flow characteristics and making sure every cylinder is getting an equal amount of air. Once this bit is over we are going to be done very quickly.
        EGT/AFR per Cylinder? Got pics? (must look like a heart transplant with all the sensors)Click here to enlarge
      1. PEI330Ci's Avatar
        PEI330Ci -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        Plenum getting a massage in the CNC machine...
        http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...459_9501-1.jpg

        Evolve Automotive Supercharger Plenum making babies with the S65B40
        http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...459_9520-1.jpg
        Very nice, and interesting how the design has "Evolved" from the CAD posted previously.

        The only down-side to using aluminium over plastic is heat; sheet-metal aluminium manifolds are notorious for increasing IATs on race cars. However from previous posts, it appears that Evolve may be using some heat rejecting coatings inside/outside of the manifold to help it stay cooler?

        I'm not criticizing this design at all, just reviewing it from an engineering point of view.
      1. PEI330Ci's Avatar
        PEI330Ci -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        EGT/AFR per Cylinder? Got pics? (must look like a heart transplant with all the sensors)Click here to enlarge
        He used the word "characteristics", which is a pretty good hint that it's in the CFD domain. Personally, if I was paying for this level of work for a commercial product, I wouldn't show the CFD publicly.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
        He used the word "characteristics", which is a pretty good hint that it's in the CFD domain. Personally, if I was paying for this level of work for a commercial product, I wouldn't show the CFD publicly.
        Ex use the ignorance but what is the full meaning of the abbreviation CFD.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
        Very nice, and interesting how the design has "Evolved" from the CAD posted previously.

        The only down-side to using aluminium over plastic is heat; sheet-metal aluminium manifolds are notorious for increasing IATs on race cars. However from previous posts, it appears that Evolve may be using some heat rejecting coatings inside/outside of the manifold to help it stay cooler?

        I'm not criticizing this design at all, just reviewing it from an engineering point of view.
        You bring up a great point. Having spoke with Evolve about the kit, it seems like they are doing a lot to control IATs. How they plan on doing that, I have no idea. My assumption is that they plan on building a kit to provide consistent power over long periods of time. This is something that greatly interests me, so I'm curious as well how they plan on approaching this.
      1. PEI330Ci's Avatar
        PEI330Ci -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        Ex use the ignorance but what is the full meaning of the abbreviation CFD.
        Computer modelling:

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computa...fluid_dynamics

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        You bring up a great point. Having spoke with Evolve about the kit, it seems like they are doing a lot to control IATs. How they plan on doing that, I have no idea. My assumption is that they plan on building a kit to provide consistent power over long periods of time. This is something that greatly interests me, so I'm curious as well how they plan on approaching this.
        You can do quite a lot with coatings these days.
      1. Imran@Evolve's Avatar
        Imran@Evolve -
        Quick update.

        Click here to enlarge


        Click here to enlarge


        Click here to enlarge
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Yummy....Air to Air without having to cut the front cross member Click here to enlarge

        I really should start a savings fund for this kit....
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        IIRC Sal was the G-Power kit's #1 fan and a big part of that was due the air to air system. I should say i've expected a similar air to air system from Evolve kit too. Click here to enlarge

        BTW are you guys still a G-Power seller/installer?
      1. Imran@Evolve's Avatar
        Imran@Evolve -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        IIRC Sal was the G-Power kit's #1 fan and a big part of that was due the air to air system. I should say i've expected a similar air to air system from Evolve kit too. Click here to enlarge

        BTW are you guys still a G-Power seller/installer?
        Funny thing was we were all set to go for charge cooled (for packaging reasons) until we did back to back testing with air to air on our own kit. It only went ahead because we found a way of doing it without cutting the front cross member.

        Yes we are a G Power dealer.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803 Click here to enlarge
        evolve;296752]Funny thing was we were all set to go for charge cooled (for packaging reasons) until we did back to back testing with air to air on our own kit. It only went ahead because we found a way of doing it without cutting the front cross member.

        Yes we are a G Power dealer.
        Imran how far from official release and ability to order is the kit?
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Those look nice oem fitted scoops, very nice.
      1. Imran@Evolve's Avatar
        Imran@Evolve -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Imran how far from official release and ability to order is the kit?
        We are going as fast as we can but not in a hurry. We want to make sure everything is as good as it can be!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803 Click here to enlarge
        evolve;297079]We are going as fast as we can but not in a hurry. We want to make sure everything is as good as it can be!
        No rush on my end!
      1. Imran@Evolve's Avatar
        Imran@Evolve -
        THE Plenum....

        Click here to enlarge


        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        My goodness that looks insane! It seriously looks much fiercer than any other manifold out there!
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Imran[MENTION=1803 Click here to enlarge
        This came to my mind:
        Attachment 18517

        So bad-ass. Click here to enlarge
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        HOLY $#@!!! That looks Amazing! Handsdown the absolutly most beautiful plenum ever, for any car!