• BMW shows off the E82 1M's perfect weight balance

      BMW has been doing a lot of things as of late that their hardcore enthusiasts are questioning. One aspect of BMW performance that BMW is still holding true to is balanced weight distribution. There are many other cars in the world that do no offer a 50/50 split which also takes driver weight into account. It is this perfect balance that plays a large role in how a BMW feels so naturally tossable yet controllable. This is also why a nose heavy Quattro Audi will simply never be able to match the driving experience of a BMW.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW shows off the E82 1M's perfect weight balance started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 13 Comments
      1. Autobahn335i's Avatar
        Autobahn335i -
        Nice find!
        Looks like you've finally fallen in love with the 1M, after all the bashing Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
        Nice find!
        Looks like you've finally fallen in love with the 1M, after all the bashing Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
        No, I just love BMW's weight distribution.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        I autocrossed my 1M recently and fell in love with it again. It really is a balanced machine, even stock.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Great Vid! Love the 1M Click here to enlarge
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Idk.. It's cool and all but they're showing off something that isn't in production anymore. They should do this with the new m5 or something.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        With 1M BMW proved that sometimes 1 > 3.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        Idk.. It's cool and all but they're showing off something that isn't in production anymore. They should do this with the new m5 or something.
        BMW strives for this distribution in all their models. Kind of what makes them special.
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        need new front page material
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        need new front page material
        Such as?
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        BMW strives for this distribution in all their models. Kind of what makes them special.
        I do agree with you on that. I have over 15 magazines from bmw with all the specs on the car. They always have the near 50/50 weight distribution.
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Such as?
        hmmm...a custom bav sol engine'd turbo m3 finally finished tuning today, and found out the custom bav sol cams didn't quite work out as planned, and swapped back to stock cams, and had a race gas tune too.

        one of the fastest bmw's in the country has a new manifold.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        Idk.. It's cool and all but they're showing off something that isn't in production anymore. They should do this with the new m5 or something.
        That scale couldn't hold the much weight.Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        hmmm...a custom bav sol engine'd turbo m3 finally finished tuning today, and found out the custom bav sol cams didn't quite work out as planned, and swapped back to stock cams, and had a race gas tune too.

        one of the fastest bmw's in the country has a new manifold.
        I keep track of everything I can.

        Please help me out and post threads on these topics and I will do my part to give them the exposure they deserve. I wish I could keep track of every development in every aspect of every German car scene but I do the best I possibly can.

        Why not help?